Honestly, I think this is one of those hotels that have held onto their rating for a long time, and it's no longer warranted.
I stayed at this hotel because I was presented with a fantasic offer from tripadeal.com.au for 7 nights. Honestly, even at 70% off the rack rate, it wasn't worth it.
The hotel is beautiful and is sprawling over acres. It's surrounded by jungle type greenery and it really is breathtaking.
The pool is amazing
The coffee, is really, really good (seriously, it is)
Ok, sorry to say it, but here is it.
There is no Wi-Fi in the room. In fact, there is only Wi-Fi available in the lobby and just barely at the restaurant where you have breakfast. Now, for a 4 star hotel this is basically pathetic. Every hotel I've stayed at (even backpackers) have Wi-Fi everywhere. Sometimes you pay for it, sometimes you don't, but it's always there.
The bed. The bed's were harder that rough diamonds. I'd have a more comfortable sleep if I slept on a bed of nails. It took 3 days for them to respond by adding a mattress topper which only made it moderately better.
The location: Google maps say's it's only 10 mins out from the city, but it's actually quite far out and quite expensive to get into / out of town (400 Baht each way). They do have shuttles, but it departs at only 3 times, and only once after 1pm (at 9:30pm) which is useless if you're someone who likes to sleep in. There are no shops nearby, no decent places to eat except the hotels restaurant (Old Siam was amazing, but you can't eat at the same place every day).
Hot Water: We didn't have hot water for the first 2 days, and after that it took a long time to heat up. Enough said.
All in all, I just don't feel this hotel is value for money or meets expectations when it comes to it's star rating. You can't enjoy the beauty of this place when the simplest things aren't present and almost every task becomes a drawn out process
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between Kamala and Patong Beaches in the secluded and tranquil Nakalay Bay, we offer an exclusive beachside retreat for couples, honeymooners and families.Choose from 191 luxury air-conditioned villas set amidst 25 acres of lush tropical gardens with traditional Thai ambience. Some villas offer stunning views of the azure waters of the Andaman Sea, from hillside or beach front locations, whilst others provide direct access to the beautiful lagoon swimming pool set in the heart of the fragrant gardenThe lagoon pool is sculpted to follow the natural curves of the land and to blend in with lush tropical gardens that roll gently out on to the sandy shoreline of one of Phuket's most secluded beaches. Whether enjoying a swim, relaxing at the Nakalay Spa or at one of the many outside bars and open space restaurants, guests can truly unwind amidst this tranquil ambience Where Thai tradition Meets Nature. With a programme of holistic wellness activities such as Yoga, Muay Thai (Thai Boxing) or Tai Chi, guests can experience a complete rejuvenation of mind, body and spirit during their stay. Discover for yourself why former guests have described our resort as a hidden paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thavorn Beach Village Hotel Patong
- Thavorn Beach Village And Spa
- Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa Kamala, Phuket