“Fantastic”

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Hanoi
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

We were originally staying next door; however, my brother and sister-in-law were staying at Thavorn. We ended up moving here because even as a visitor we were treated with kindness and caring. From our initial greeting (cold towels and fruit) to our room - a poolside room we were thoroughly impressed. The room had a walk a bathroom, shower and powder room with spa bath. From our deck we could access the pool...which was clean and spacious. This place is like an oasis after the busyness of Patong Beach. We liked being out if town away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to visit. Special mention to staff Koy, Ulia, Patrick, Tatar and Noi who really went out if their way to make our stay special. Thank you everyone.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Chrissys1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Clean and spacious room, relax environment with naturally hotel area decoration, lovely recreation area at beach front, gorgeous swimming pool, variety of breakfast included, impressive service from hotel employees.

Room Tip: Beach front villas is recommended.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PoundC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel the staff have been absolutely awesome the rooms are clean the swimming pool is beautiful and clean this has really made our stay in Phuket really nice I originally booked for 2 nights but have extended to 5 nights.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband last August, sorry for the late review. This resort is a very quaint, grand old dame. The gardens are beautiful & in it's 'hey day' this resort would have been really special.
We stayed in one of the ocean facing rooms on the hill & as it's fairly high up, you catch this cute little cable car up & down. You can't walk.
The rooms are big & spacious, but the furniture is very heavy dark wood, which for me, doesn't quite fit with a beach resort feel. If they decide to renovate I'm sure it will be stunning. Nevertheless, the room was very comfy & even had a private jacuzzi on the balcony.
The service & staff were really lovely, & we enjoyed a lovely Thai curry on the beach for lunch one day.
The beach basically belongs to the hotel, as it's very private, but bring your rubber shoes, as the beach has a lot of corals (like many in Phuket).
There are many really beautiful statues around the resort, which must have been commissioned because some of them are huge.
They were also building beach villa's when we were there, so they're probably finished by now. I'm sure they will be very modern & special.
There were pool rooms that looked very modern & new as well, you could walk from your room balcony into the pool.
You'll have to catch a taxi into Patong, but they're easily available outside the resort.
If you're looking for beautiful grounds & a resort that has an old world appeal, Thavorn is your best bet.

Room Tip: The Ocean view rooms on the hill are older rooms, but very big & spacious
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DonnaLynette
Coolangatta, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

What a beautiful property. Really big and spacious. We arrived at Thavorn and check in was quite a long drawn out process. They had no idea of our booking and needed to use my phone as well as get me to forward our confirmation of booking email. After about an hour of waiting in the lobby we were told our room was ready and we were upgraded to a suite. The suite itself is massive, very appropriate for those traveling with family/friends. Maybe not so much for 2 people. But views were breathtaking. The room looks old and run down. I'm not sure when anything would have been updated because everything is really old. We had cold water the whole time (frustrating when you are sick)
The front door of our suite was broken or needed to be refitted as it was a 2 person effort to shut it so it could lock. Come to think of it all the doors in the suite had some sort of issue with closing (or not being able to close)
Air con is really loud, we turned it off due to the amount of noise it made.
Lots of mosquitos in rooms and restaurants.
We dined at Marisa, what an ordeal that turned out to be. My husband's meal came out and was really good, my meal came out and had hair through it. When I showed the wait staff they took it back to the kitchen. On wait staff return they offered me anything else to order, I clearly stated that I would like another burger but without hair. This appeared to be understood so when the manager came out to apologise and I repeated myself (about another burger) I thought we were all on the same page. Almost 45 minutes later I asked staff where my replacement burger was- they informed me the burger had been taken off our bill. I attempted to explain again that I just wanted another burger, but due to language barrier or something else? I was just told again and again that the burger was taken off the bill. In the end my husband and I just left after paying for his meal..........
Our room was serviced super late in the afternoon run out of tissues and toilet paper everyday as they provide the bare minimum.
The cable cars to get to the hillside rooms are not so bad. They look pretty old too though.
The pool is amazing and we really enjoyed spending time around it. The beach is spectacular out the front of the hotel.
Gardens are beautiful and well kept.
Rooms are what let this hotel down.

Room Tip: Stay down by the pool.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brownsurfgypsy
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in the ocean view room. The resort is beautiful, extremely clean, staff very courteous. On arrival you are greeted with a cold towel, juice and a plate of fruits. You dont need to stand in a queue for checkin, You can wait in the lobby and the staff takes your documents and returns with your key. They personally escort you to the room. The rooms are very spacious and has a beautiful view of the bay. There is a tram that takes you to the rooms, Initially the tram sounds very exciting, but a couple of trips later you find it to be very slow. The resort does have its own private beach, though keep in mind that swimming here is close to impossible since it has a lot of rocks. The restaurant is nice with good size portion of food per serving.
You might want to keep some buffer time during checkout since the staff has to travel between various levels in the hotel using the tram which as mentioned earlier is a bit slow

The resort is around 3-4 kms from Patong . Cant wait to head back there and stay longer.

Room Tip: Never wrong to ask and try for a room upgrade :)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank paulprash21
Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is where i fell in love with Phuket again.

Thavorn Beach Village & Spa , Phuket Thailand is a rated 4.5* resort located on Nakalay Bay between Patong and Kamala. This resort is extremely special because the rooms on the hills are accessible by cable car. They even have their own private beach.

Their rooms are equipped with:
Sunloungers on balcony (Hillside Oceanview)
Jacuzzi on balcony (Hillside Oceanview)
Writing Desk
Satellite TV
Ensuite Bathroom with separate Shower room & Bathtub
Toiletries (including Shampoo, Conditioner, Bath Foam, Shower Cap)
Hairdryer
in-room safe
Mini Bar & Fridge
Tea and Coffee making facilities
Umbrella, Bathrobe, Slippers, Beach towel already provided in room
They also provide 24/7 Room Service.

The only cons are, there is no wifi in room. You may get access to wifi at the lobby or restaurant though. Talk about a true getaway! No work emails! Yes, you can find here!

Hillside Oceanview Villa pretty much the same as the hotel's gallery photos. You don't see much of wear & tear even though its not a new place, everything's well kept. Personally, i went around the whole resort. And i realised my room actually had one of the best views and largest balcony.

And please, if you come here please book the Hillside rooms instead. The beachfront rooms are nothing special as compared to Hillside. On top of that, you get to ride the cable car and enjoy all the nature/ocean view!

The room also comes with large balcony that gives you a panoramic ocean view. There's 2 sunloungers for you to just sit back and relax. You can even make reservations with the restaurant to have a private BBQ Dinner at your balcony.

And the surrounding are just really beautiful. This resort is really so different from the others, you'll feel like you're embraced by the nature. Don't be surprised if you bump into chickens or rabbits, they actually do live in this resort. The owner/founder of Thavorn actually focus a lot on conservation and sustainability of the nature, animals and even sea life.

Basically, i just loved this resort so much. I was just spending time at their private beach and walking around the resort. I had both my lunch in the resort itself.
I had my lunch(Pork Tenderloin) at the Marisa Terrace just by the laguna pool. My mom had Khao Phad Kung(Fried Rice Prawn) which i never got a photo of it because i was enjoying this so much. Their food are all really delicious! But of course, it comes with a price. This Pork Tenderloin was 500+ baht and the Fried Rice was 300+ baht, soft drinks were a 120baht. Its still on the affordable range, but it may be a tad' expensive in Thailand's context.

The resort also has several other dining options, and also a pool bar for you to chill out at.

Overall, i really enjoyed my stay at Thavorn Beach Village & Spa.

Room Tip: Hillside Rooms opens to a balcony with panoramic oceanview. Rooms are also more spacious.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank hhtebaz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
U Zenmaya Phuket
U Zenmaya Phuket
#4 of 36 in Kamala
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Kamala Beach Resort (a Sunprime Resort)
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa

Been to Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!