Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa
Aquamarine Resort & Villa(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$67
Cape Sienna Hotel & Villas(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$88
Agoda.com
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$178
Sunprime Kamala Beach(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$95
  • Pool
Sunwing Kamala Beach(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$128
  • Pool
U Zenmaya Phuket(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$104
Agoda.com
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$101
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$3,117
US$73
US$82
HotelQuickly
Andara Resort and Villas(Kamala)(Great Value!)
US$451
TripAdvisor
1,761 results
All reviewscable carold siamprivate beachhillside roomorchid gardenvip loungecrocodile barlagoon poollow tidenakalay baybeach frontpool access roomtuk tukocean view villahill sidethai restaurantamazing pool
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were originally staying next door; however, my brother and sister-in-law were staying at Thavorn. We ended up moving here because even as a visitor we were treated with kindness and caring. From our initial greeting (cold towels and fruit) to our room - a poolside room we were thoroughly impressed. The room had a walk a bathroom, shower and powder room with spa bath. From our deck we could access the pool...which was clean and spacious. This place is like an oasis after the busyness of Patong Beach. We liked being out if town away from the hustle and bustle but close enough to visit. Special mention to staff Koy, Ulia, Patrick, Tatar and Noi who really went out if their way to make our stay special. Thank you everyone.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Chrissys1
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Clean and spacious room, relax environment with naturally hotel area decoration, lovely recreation area at beach front, gorgeous swimming pool, variety of breakfast included, impressive service from hotel employees.

Room Tip: Beach front villas is recommended.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PoundC
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel the staff have been absolutely awesome the rooms are clean the swimming pool is beautiful and clean this has really made our stay in Phuket really nice I originally booked for 2 nights but have extended to 5 nights.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband last August, sorry for the late review. This resort is a very quaint, grand old dame. The gardens are beautiful & in it's 'hey day' this resort would have been really special.
We stayed in one of the ocean facing rooms on the hill & as it's fairly high up, you catch this cute little cable car up & down. You can't walk.
The rooms are big & spacious, but the furniture is very heavy dark wood, which for me, doesn't quite fit with a beach resort feel. If they decide to renovate I'm sure it will be stunning. Nevertheless, the room was very comfy & even had a private jacuzzi on the balcony.
The service & staff were really lovely, & we enjoyed a lovely Thai curry on the beach for lunch one day.
The beach basically belongs to the hotel, as it's very private, but bring your rubber shoes, as the beach has a lot of corals (like many in Phuket).
There are many really beautiful statues around the resort, which must have been commissioned because some of them are huge.
They were also building beach villa's when we were there, so they're probably finished by now. I'm sure they will be very modern & special.
There were pool rooms that looked very modern & new as well, you could walk from your room balcony into the pool.
You'll have to catch a taxi into Patong, but they're easily available outside the resort.
If you're looking for beautiful grounds & a resort that has an old world appeal, Thavorn is your best bet.

Room Tip: The Ocean view rooms on the hill are older rooms, but very big & spacious
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DonnaLynette
Reviewed 3 July 2014

What a beautiful property. Really big and spacious. We arrived at Thavorn and check in was quite a long drawn out process. They had no idea of our booking and needed to use my phone as well as get me to forward our confirmation of booking email. After about an hour of waiting in the lobby we were told our room was ready and we were upgraded to a suite. The suite itself is massive, very appropriate for those traveling with family/friends. Maybe not so much for 2 people. But views were breathtaking. The room looks old and run down. I'm not sure when anything would have been updated because everything is really old. We had cold water the whole time (frustrating when you are sick)
The front door of our suite was broken or needed to be refitted as it was a 2 person effort to shut it so it could lock. Come to think of it all the doors in the suite had some sort of issue with closing (or not being able to close)
Air con is really loud, we turned it off due to the amount of noise it made.
Lots of mosquitos in rooms and restaurants.
We dined at Marisa, what an ordeal that turned out to be. My husband's meal came out and was really good, my meal came out and had hair through it. When I showed the wait staff they took it back to the kitchen. On wait staff return they offered me anything else to order, I clearly stated that I would like another burger but without hair. This appeared to be understood so when the manager came out to apologise and I repeated myself (about another burger) I thought we were all on the same page. Almost 45 minutes later I asked staff where my replacement burger was- they informed me the burger had been taken off our bill. I attempted to explain again that I just wanted another burger, but due to language barrier or something else? I was just told again and again that the burger was taken off the bill. In the end my husband and I just left after paying for his meal..........
Our room was serviced super late in the afternoon run out of tissues and toilet paper everyday as they provide the bare minimum.
The cable cars to get to the hillside rooms are not so bad. They look pretty old too though.
The pool is amazing and we really enjoyed spending time around it. The beach is spectacular out the front of the hotel.
Gardens are beautiful and well kept.
Rooms are what let this hotel down.

Room Tip: Stay down by the pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple