“Very good)”

Sunprime Kamala Beach
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Good, clean hotel. Repaired numbers, the green territory, an ideal parity of the price and quality is a lot of pools

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Victoria1189
Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)

Reviewed 28 April 2011

It´s so nice to come to Kamala Beach Hotel again ! New renovated and new built Supreme Resort, but still with personality and worm atmosphere !! Nice swimming pools, Super service from Staff, very nice breakfast buffé and food. It is one of the best hotell that I have spent my holliday on.
So I could warmly recommend everyone to spend holliday here!

Room Tip: It's close to the beach and very fresch !
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank 189852Happy
Reviewed 23 April 2011

The hotel was average, Got a free upgrade to the first floor room, but i think this was because all the ground floor ones were taken.

The room we had seems ti have a weird smell to it, but was told its just the wood that they have built the building with. Lots of mozzes so make sure you take some spray, I got bitten a number of times. Food for vegis not so good either, ended up going to Patong everyday just to eat.

Plus sides are that its got a lovely quite beach, 2 minutes walk from the room, Pool was quite too. They have got a bus that goes to Patong every 4 hours at a fraction of the price a taxi would cost.

Overall its an ok hotel, would recommend staying close to Patong.

2  Thank KalpeshVora
Reviewed 22 April 2011

I would like to start with saying that this is our 7th trip to Thailand. This trip we hired a car for 10 days and stayed in quite a few hotels. We originally booked for 7 nights at this hotel and decided to change to 2 nights - boy are we glad we did. This hotel was as sterile as it comes and hard to get from A to B without walking through hallways and doors and an area that is part of a "back enterance" to get to the beach and breakfast area . My husband called it "IKEA" and if you have ever been in an Ikea store you will know what he means - hard to get out! This hotel was was very unwelcoming and cold. If you are wanting to experience a Thai hotel experience do not stay here.
We had a great pool side room which was spacious and clean.( Thank you to the staff who upgraded us due to my recent knee surgery). The shower was over the bath which had a one- way glass viewing wall out to the pool. (interesting). Downside to this was you could not shower once your spouse was asleep as the light from the bathroom lit up the whole bedroom area. The room had great lighting and I really liked the night light switch beside the bedside lamp (great touch).
Comming from Qld we are used to mozzies, but I could not believe how thick they were outside on our little verandah. When I lifted the pool towel off the rack a thick black "swarm" of them flew out!! Just a word of warning to people who are not used to mozzies, you need to put repellant on to got out after 3pm especially to the beach area.

The pools look nice but sterile and the one with a swim up bar has a nice beach entry. There is no shade over the pool and very little greenary around the pool. As a result, the water is a warm bath temp and not cooling at all. In fact, it was so warm I could not stand to be in it even at 6pm. There are plenty of pool chairs.
The swim up bar was nice but once again, sterile. At first I thought it was closed. Then I found the barman around the back. Not so friendly or wanting to serve. Cocktails very average in taste and in plastic boring glasses. First time I have seen plastic pool side glasses in thailand but I do understand the safety reasons. ("safety and Thailand" in once sentance is also a pleasing surprise.)
Breakfast seemed to be a big spread of nothing, if you like bread there were many many varieties. I stuck to pre fried eggs and toast. There was not much in hot food, a few cereals, and many varieties of sweet buns. The fresh fruit salad was spoilt by people dripping yoghurt everywhere. There was a nice selection of cut fruit. I guess there was enough to start the day but certainly nothing special or extra tasty. Ive seen much better selections.
The beach has many bars and eateries - all average food but quite acceptable. If you have a car drive up the hill and there is a fantastic little eatery beside a lovely (very tiny) beach just at the start of the hill. Its really fantastic, only a few tables though so get there for the fantastic sunset and tasty cocktails and food. Try the deep fried whole fish in black pepper andd garlic - to die for!!

This hotel is not close to anything except the beach area with eateries and a few market dress shops. I guess this hotel was not for us as we like atmosphere, shade, Thai experience and friendly guests and not a leggo land style hotel. May I suggest Andaman Car Rentals, we have used them before and are very reliable and upfron and professionalt. No hassles when car is collected. You need copy of passport and international drivers lic.

2  Thank kathmd
Reviewed 5 April 2011

i was shocked tonight when the security stopped my spouse when we came back to the hotel after sightseeing in the evening as she looked like a Thai ( she is a Malaysian). More appalling was the Reception Desk's behavior. First of all they did not have any idea of how to deal with the situation and they started checking our passport copies and then said "oh Malaysian - now can go". They didn't know how to speak in English at all which is rather surprising for a hotel/resort who mostly cater to foreign guests. When I called in for the Duty Manager, he was another sorry figure, he just kept on saying maybe they are wrong and I apologize for that and also mentioned that he is a new joinee. He also mentioned that, I already apologized so what else do you want.. this is really surprising coming from a Duty manager. So this means no Thai citizens are allowed in the hotel?? He said "yes" -Thai s are not supposed to stay in the hotel- This comes as shocker from the Manager and I hope Thai people are reading this review. With the Manager speaking like this what more can you expect from the support staff, in fact the reception desk, when we checked in and when we inquired about the shuttle bus service, were most disinterested in giving out any information. We had selected this hotel from the reviews we got from Trip advisor ,and I must say that the hotel is very good but for the Front Desk. I would advise the management to pay more attention in choosing the staff.

3  Thank fibi0223
Reviewed 30 March 2011

This beachfront property is a real GEM....Friendly staff & very good food in the beachfront restaurant. There's a shuttle service to patong every evening by BUS which is not that expensive too. Rooms are nice & clean - recommended for everyone...

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angshuman06
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Enjoyed our stay at Kamala Beach resort...staff and amenities were very good. Bar staff could be a little quicker with drink orders but now being picky.
Good access to beach restaurants and markets.
Would stay again no problem

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple