Great potential, but they should probably have someone with experience in customer service/hospitality working here. Though the grounds are beautiful, and the facilities are great, the front desk staff was extremely rude to us on multiple occasions (whether it be checking in or requesting someone to address the lack of running water in my room). I first called to report there was no water and was assured someone would be right over to my room... called back 10 minutes later and no answer (three times). Decided to walk over to the lobby and after barely being acknowledged, was told that the "entire resort is out of water and they don't know when it will be fixed". No apology, no explanation, no resolution. No one has given me a second glance since (and I'm sitting directly across from the front desk writing this), I guess I just have to wait til they decide to address the issue.
Another thing to note: they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING. No free Wi-Fi in the rooms (and if you ask for a username for access in the bar or pool area, you are told that you need to contact the front desk, since they like to know who is asking about and using the wifi, no free activities (you need to cover the costs for the resort to host a game of BINGO for 50baht), and no free beds/chairs on the beach... considering the amount I paid to stay here, I would at the very least expect to be able to the enjoy the beach.
I would highly advise that the GM of Kamala Beach Resort give the front desk staff some training in customer service, or perhaps suggest they choose a career that doesn't involve working with people. Overall, the hotel has great potential, but is overpriced and employs people who have no business being in hospitality. Stay somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunprime Kamala Beach is a place where life is calmer, where every day is a break from everyday life and where time for once is on your side. Children probably think that this is a totally boring place. Adults traveling without children describe this as simply wonderful. We have adjusted all our services according to your interests, especially those of you appreciating good food, wine, wellness and a calm relaxed atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kamala Beach Resort (a Sunprime Resort) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kamala Beach Resort (a Sunprime Resort) Hotel Kamala
- Kamala Beach Hotel
- Kamala Beach Resort (a Sunprime Resort) Phuket