1,613 results
All reviews saga rep beach wing deluxe pool view room kamala beach beach front non smoking mini mart large hotel low season sister hotel thai massage pool restaurant swim up bar nice beach great resort pool towels thai food
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed 14 nights in June 2013 the staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was to much trouble they went the extra mile in everything they did for us.
The selection of food available was excellent and cooked to perfection, compliments to the chef and all the catering team.
The restaurant staff were 1st class with their service and were very pleasant.
The room service was second to none and the hotel was spotlessly clean including the pools.
We would highly recommend this hotel and certainly hope to return at some time in the not to distant future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eric s
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Great potential, but they should probably have someone with experience in customer service/hospitality working here. Though the grounds are beautiful, and the facilities are great, the front desk staff was extremely rude to us on multiple occasions (whether it be checking in or requesting someone to address the lack of running water in my room). I first called to report there was no water and was assured someone would be right over to my room... called back 10 minutes later and no answer (three times). Decided to walk over to the lobby and after barely being acknowledged, was told that the "entire resort is out of water and they don't know when it will be fixed". No apology, no explanation, no resolution. No one has given me a second glance since (and I'm sitting directly across from the front desk writing this), I guess I just have to wait til they decide to address the issue.
Another thing to note: they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING. No free Wi-Fi in the rooms (and if you ask for a username for access in the bar or pool area, you are told that you need to contact the front desk, since they like to know who is asking about and using the wifi, no free activities (you need to cover the costs for the resort to host a game of BINGO for 50baht), and no free beds/chairs on the beach... considering the amount I paid to stay here, I would at the very least expect to be able to the enjoy the beach.
I would highly advise that the GM of Kamala Beach Resort give the front desk staff some training in customer service, or perhaps suggest they choose a career that doesn't involve working with people. Overall, the hotel has great potential, but is overpriced and employs people who have no business being in hospitality. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marksperanza
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We have just spent 14 nights at the Kamala Beach Resort Phuket Thailand
I can honestly say it was Fantastic I cant fault a thing Hotel, Staff ,Pools ,Food the whole package were 1st class even down to the sun beds on the beach.
We were all inclusive travailing with Saga and there care was also 1st class the full time rep TOM was one of the best if not the best rep we have ever had on any holiday and I shall be passing on my remarks to Saga.
The whole Saga Holiday was wonderful from being picked up taken to Heathrow where we were met and taken through all the booking in bit we were also met at Phuket didn’t touch a case the whole holiday the same service on the way home we would not hesitate to use Saga again

Room Tip: Ask for Beach wing they are near pool and beach and restaurant
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Berno48
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My Wife and I had planned to return to Phuket for our Wedding Anniversary (last week) and went about deciding where to stay. We travel quite a bit and have been in Thailand a few times and stayed in various resorts to get a feel for different locations etc. In the end, we decided that we should return to Kamal Beach Resort (Sunprime) as we had a great experience the first time. I don't normally take the time to write a review but I felt it important to express how much my wife and I appreciated the staff's attention and effort to make our stay at the resort feel extra special for our Anniversary. This, considering it was extremely busy. It was such an unforgettable experience, we cannot recommend this resort enough! I don't need to go into all the other benefits of staying here as you have probably read other positive reviews! Such as, how friendly and helpful the lobby staff were, its location, ameneties etc etc. We left the resort knowing that we will return again. Thank You to everyone at Kamala Beach Resort for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 77seven
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed for a week all inclusive in November and it was a very relaxing time after travelling from Bangkok over the previous two weeks. The beach was right outside the gate, it is a lovely beach with lots going on, places to eat, stalls to buy from and massages to enjoy.
The food at the hotel is fantastic, there was a buffet theme restaurant and an a la carte menu to choose from each day and two bars to refresh yourself from.
The deluxe room on the top floor (up two flights of stairs only) was spacious and we enjoyed drinks on the balcony overlooking the pool and could listen to the early evening entertainment.
Aquafit & tabletennis were enjoyed by us and the staff were really helpful. Taxis at the front door displayed a price list to popular destinations, there was also a shuttlebus to the next town, although we do not recommend Patong as it was very noisy & crowded in the town.

Room Tip: Higher floors have no noisy people above and no one walking past your balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple