1,614 results
All reviews saga rep beach wing deluxe pool view room kamala beach beach front non smoking mini mart large hotel low season sister hotel thai massage pool restaurant swim up bar nice beach great resort pool towels thai food
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Just returned from 8 night stay at the adult section of this hotel. We were in the older style room but it was adequate, clean and very quiet. One huge plus for this hotel are the swimming pools, there are 4 in total so none of them ever felt cramped - the hotel also removes towels from reserved sun beds before 9:30am which was excellent (most hotels say that they will do this but don't!). We didn't realize that you could upgrade to all inclusive when we booked but having read reviews we decided to request this on check-in. I have stopped in many all inclusive hotels and unfortunately this hotel doesn't seem very clear on the rules! If you were with Saga you could eat at any of the restaurants (the restaurant by the sea being the nicest) however the first 2 evenings the staff attempted to turn us away, saying we must go to the buffet restaurant instead. After discussions over 2 days this matter was finally resolved but it was quite embarrassing at the time! I would not recommend all inclusive as you are also restricted to set choices at the restaurant by the sea. Unfortunately I didn't like the resort and the beach was extremely busy. I would have given the hotel a 3.5 but I haven't worked out how to do that!!! I must comment on the staff: they were lovely, helpful and happy!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank madaboutbeaches
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Stayed here for a week in November with saga holidays and found the accommodation to be first
Class .the rooms have mainly been refurbished to a high standard.
Food was very well prepared and the service was first class.
The hotel is set on the beech ,with sun beds available and it is an easy walk into the village
Where there is plenty of shops and restaurants.
A very good experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank keithe73
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed 14 nights in June 2013 the staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing was to much trouble they went the extra mile in everything they did for us.
The selection of food available was excellent and cooked to perfection, compliments to the chef and all the catering team.
The restaurant staff were 1st class with their service and were very pleasant.
The room service was second to none and the hotel was spotlessly clean including the pools.
We would highly recommend this hotel and certainly hope to return at some time in the not to distant future.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank eric s
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Great potential, but they should probably have someone with experience in customer service/hospitality working here. Though the grounds are beautiful, and the facilities are great, the front desk staff was extremely rude to us on multiple occasions (whether it be checking in or requesting someone to address the lack of running water in my room). I first called to report there was no water and was assured someone would be right over to my room... called back 10 minutes later and no answer (three times). Decided to walk over to the lobby and after barely being acknowledged, was told that the "entire resort is out of water and they don't know when it will be fixed". No apology, no explanation, no resolution. No one has given me a second glance since (and I'm sitting directly across from the front desk writing this), I guess I just have to wait til they decide to address the issue.
Another thing to note: they nickel and dime you for EVERYTHING. No free Wi-Fi in the rooms (and if you ask for a username for access in the bar or pool area, you are told that you need to contact the front desk, since they like to know who is asking about and using the wifi, no free activities (you need to cover the costs for the resort to host a game of BINGO for 50baht), and no free beds/chairs on the beach... considering the amount I paid to stay here, I would at the very least expect to be able to the enjoy the beach.
I would highly advise that the GM of Kamala Beach Resort give the front desk staff some training in customer service, or perhaps suggest they choose a career that doesn't involve working with people. Overall, the hotel has great potential, but is overpriced and employs people who have no business being in hospitality. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank marksperanza
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We have just spent 14 nights at the Kamala Beach Resort Phuket Thailand
I can honestly say it was Fantastic I cant fault a thing Hotel, Staff ,Pools ,Food the whole package were 1st class even down to the sun beds on the beach.
We were all inclusive travailing with Saga and there care was also 1st class the full time rep TOM was one of the best if not the best rep we have ever had on any holiday and I shall be passing on my remarks to Saga.
The whole Saga Holiday was wonderful from being picked up taken to Heathrow where we were met and taken through all the booking in bit we were also met at Phuket didn’t touch a case the whole holiday the same service on the way home we would not hesitate to use Saga again

Room Tip: Ask for Beach wing they are near pool and beach and restaurant
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple