1,607 results
All reviewssaga repbeach wingdeluxe pool view roomkamala beachbeach frontnon smokingmini martlarge hotellow seasonsister hotelthai massagepool restaurantswim up barnice beachgreat resortpool towelsthai food
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We are frequent Thailand travelers and have been in different locations every year since 2005. We have previously been to Karon, Bang Tao, Kata, Patong, Krabi, Koh Samui, Pattaya, in different hotels. Staying in Kamala Beach Resort was however the first time all our expectations were full filled.

Location:
Perfect - right on the Beach. The beach is with crystal clear water and fine White sand. If you want a sun chair on the beach you will have to pay from 200 - 400 bath for it but you can walk about 30 meters from the free sun chairs at the pool so no problem.
Kamala is a great alternative to the more busy locations. The town has everything you need. Good restaurants - Taylors - Massage parlors. All within walking distance. Right outside the hotel on the beach there are plenty of restaurants to choose from.
Should you want to join the more busy nightlife Patong is only 15 minutes away for the cost of 400 bath.

Hotel:
One of the best we have stayed in. From the booking till our departure. The staff is fantastic and the service level is very high. Always a smile from house keeping to manager. We had problems with noise from the aircondition and immediatly we were offered to change room.
Breakfast was very good with lots of different choises for any taste. The coffee was very good.
Restaurants are a bit pricy but good. Swimmingpools are big and very well maintained.

Summery:
We have already decided to go to Kamala Beach Resort Again in 2015.

The hotel is adult only and has a very laid back atmosfhere. If you are young people looking for a place to party I would not reccomend this hotel. If you however want a fantastic place to relax - right on the beach - among an extremely friendly staff this is definately the place to stay

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nollopa
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Before booking the Kamala Beach Resort, I did my research about lodging in Phuket. This place fit our requirements precisely.

Location: Couldn't be better. Kamala Beach is a quiet Phuket beach area located about 45 minutes south of the airport and about 25 minutes north of the Patong central tourist 'strip.' As far as I know, this hotel is one of the only properties you'll find on Phuket island that is located DIRECTLY on a beautiful beach (and not on the far side of a road or up a mountainside). The fact that this property is not near Patong is a huge PLUS.

Listen carefully folks - avoid the Patong area like the plague! It's truly a hideous over-developed touristic cesspool. Kamala Beach, on the other hand, is a lovely oasis from all that nonsense.

Rooms: We had a huge room overlooking one of the many pools and near the reception building. Whoever says that you're miles away from the beach is just plain lazy. It's a very short walk through the beautiful grounds of this property to reach the quiet and clean public beach just outside the hotel's back gate. The room was clean (though we did find some worms climbing in the toilet and bathtub one night and let reception know the following morning) and decently maintained. It's one knotch down from five-star deluxe and certainly quite adequate.

Facilities: Many pools are scattered around the property. There's a no children policy which keeps the area delightfully quiet. Wonderful Thai massage is offered at THB 300 (same price as on the public beach), but in a much more tranquil setting. They have two restaurants on-site: one buffet near the pools and the other ala carte near the beach. You can have breakfast at either. Loved the Westernized Thai ala carte food at the beach side restaurant and it was reasonably priced as well.

I'd definitely recommend this resort to anyone staying on Phuket island.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank davetheguide
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It is very good hotel, it is a bit far from Patong, but not big problem. A place to relax around pool, we do not need to fight for sunbed like other hotel :-). The most important we like this hotel is not allow for child under 15 years old.

Staff at the pool and breakfast are friendly but not at front desk.

However we don not like Internet which we paid but speed so slow and disconnect many times. But internet at lobby (free) is more faster. They should provide better internet if they decide to charge.

When we ordered something at the pool, they bring us with plastic box. If they do care environment like they put in the bathroom to wash towel, they should no use plastic box.

They even charge when we print boarding pass :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank EurasieTravelAsia
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We spent four nights from our honey moon in this hotel.it was amazing experience.the room was very clean and spacious. The staff was very helpful.the breakfast was good.the pool was clean.there is shuttle bus to transfer u to patong beach.it is only five minutes walk to fantasy show.the hotel is by the sea. I advise the honeymooners to give this hotel a chance.u will never regret it

Room Tip: Try to take a room by the pool
Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Radwasalah
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I loved my 10 nights at this great resort. The location,food and staff all first class. My favourite beverage was the Watermelon Shake. I had many in Phuket. I can definitely say the ones served at Kamala Beach Resort were the best in Phuket. My room on the third floor of the New Section overlooking the pool was stunning. I loved the activities included especially the Yoga and Water Aerobics. If you want a relaxing holiday right on the beach with great food, massages and a choice of pools then the Kamala Beach Resort is a great choice.I like the variety it offers, the tut tut that goes directly to Patong Shopping Centre during the day and evening and the shopping plus restaurants near this resort. I will definitely return here for my next holiday in Thailand.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo