Aquamarine Resort & Villa
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
All reviewskamala beachwhite orchidswim up barsea viewgolf buggythai stylesteep hillfree shuttlepools are greattuk tukbuffet breakfastthe hotel offerslow seasonmain poolinfinity poolpatongbaht
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Upon arrival, we were greeted with great service! I believe the gentleman serving us was named Phillip. We arrived early, so we sat and had a drink while our rooms were being prepared. Phillip came over to chat with us, and he ended up being a great help to us. We needed to set up 2 ferry rides and 2 longtail boat rides for our departure to our next two destinations, and he set it up for us within 10 minutes....something that may have taken us hours. So that was a great start! Our rooms had a great view(top floor)! If you couldn't handle the trek up, they were happy to shuttle you up or down, any time of the day/night. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The grounds were well manicured as well. Three separate pools...all very clean with great views, and a child size waterslide. The swim up bar was great but they expect you to pay for every drink individually....no tab....they want to bill it to your room...which i have heard from several friends...that this is a bad idea due to overbilling, which isn't noticed until you check your creditcard statements. Out of the two restaurants, the food was overated/over priced. However, the breakfast smorg was decent. I didn't feel that the staff in the restaurants were that great. They forgot our drinks at 2 meals. One thing that I was dissapponted with was that we booked months in advance, and paid too much money....my mother joined us at this resort with a last minute decision, and she paid half of what we paid for the exact same style of room. Overall, beautiful resort, quiet, great view, great hotel staff; not so much in the restaurant, great pools, great rooms. I would stay there again but I would not pay the full price. I would reccomend this resort to travellers.

Room Tip: Higher floors obviously have better views. Don't worry about walking up the mountain if you are tired/out of shape/drinking...they will drive you up in a cart!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We arrived and were greeted with a cold face towel and refreshing cold drinks. Staff were friendly throughout the stay and were helpful when needed. We had a sea view room which was situated towards the top of the resort. Yes there is a bit of a climb to get there, but nothing as bad as other people here make it out to be. They offer to take you up by golf buggy if needed.

Walk to kamala beach was around 25 minutes and again, it does involve walking uphill when returning. Plenty of restaurants in that area with a sand beach.

We had the BBQ buffet on one night and buffet breakfast every morning. Both had a great selection of food to choose from.

Only bad experience at this resort was other guests making too much noise by slamming their doors and running around and also an excursion with elephants (animals were not treated as you would imagine)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank richielee14
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was very disappointed with my stay here - when i arrived from the airport i had to wait 40 mins as they couldn't find my name on the system.
The lady at reception was so rude to me, they made me pay when i have already paid at the travel agency.
I requested/paid for a sea view room and they gave me a room with a view of trees no sea view, i was to exhausted to complain as i was over it by then and just accepted it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Selena D
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at the resort with my husband as part of our honeymoon. Kamala is about 10min taxi/tuk tuk ride into Patong and 5min to main part of Kamala. The resort is beautiful with very friendly staff. It has a number of pools and 2 restaurants. The food was average and lot more expensive compared to eating out.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Radka1985
Reviewed 21 February 2014

There is a few issues at this Hotel, the first and foremost reason why this is a poor rating is because of the fact that we upgraded to a better suite and spent more money for accommodation but was charged for each and every phone call to do so a big no no for a customer. Our 10 Year anniversary celebrated at the Hotel was forgotten. It has to be noted that the photos shown is NOT HOW IT LOOKS, the hotel is not on a beach one can swim and you need to travel by car to get to a beach to swim. The Hotel is OLD the bathroom silicone had mildew , the bath takes more than 30 min to fill and there is a very poor shower head. The furniture and everything is old , the telephone is that of 1980. The staff is not that friendly or helpful. When going to their website one expect to see luxury but it looks very different when you get there. We saved up for our celebration and I wish we stayed in a better hotel most defiantly not a 4 star as they say well not to my standard.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple