“Fantastic stay!”

Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Doha, Qatar
“Fantastic stay!”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This was our last stop after travelling, Khao Lak, Krabi & Lanta. 3 nights was too short! Its a beautiful hotel set high in the hills next to the beach. We upgraded to a sea view room which looked out onto Kamala bay. The beach right opposite the hotel is not really a swimming beach as there are many rocks but you can walk 10 minutes to Kamala beach. The two infinity pool are just fantastic.The breakfast is really big with a wide variety, I would however recommend that the hotel get covers for the food as fruit flies cover the salad and fruit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
melbourne
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Just returned from a great stay at the aquamarine. The resort is traditional thai design and gives you a wonderful feel of thailand. My room ( oceanview) consisted of twin beds on a raised wooden floor. Decor again is traditional and tasteful, although the dark wood panelling on walls and floor means that the room is dark and lights needed even during day time. Mattress/pillows firm which is not uncommon in asia, however reception did offer to try and soften with blankets on check in. ( not needed). Breakfast was busy but then people seemed to disappear, so that you always felt like you had peace and tranquility. Breakfast had great selection, pancakes, eggs, pastries and diff types of bread, fresh fruit being cut in front of you, cereals, asian and western dishes.The setting for breakfast is almost devine, with views if pool and ocean.
Pools there are three and all lovely, on a couple of occasions I had the pool to myself. Massages in the lotus spa, within the resort also well recommended, ( they had a two for one offer but happy to let me attend for massage on two consequtive days).
The resort is perched on the side of a hill and a do able walk 15-20 min to main beach and village. there is also free shuttle bus from resort to patong or beach.
Staff were all so polite and friendly.
Only downside was that it seemed to be all couples or groups and I was the only solo traveller, so felt that I looked a little out of place.On one evening happy hour was just me at the bar!
Also the mini mart in the hotel is pricey.
All in all though, it was a great place to relax,swim, read and recharge the batteries. ( which is what i wanted).
Thank you to Philip and all the staff for a lovely stay :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank blondee2Melbourne
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Great resort, fantastic pools, friendly staff. As a mature couple it suited us completely. It was a quiet location yet within easy reach of everything, free shuttle bus was fabulous . Kamala is the Best location to stay, the beach and town are great. Breakfast in the resort was terrific, good cross section of options, you can even have omelettes cooked to order! You couldn't find better swimming pools anywhere ( for adults). I wouldn't stay here if I was holidaying with young children, it is not aimed at that market, there are better choices for families. Overall our best holiday ever, the resort definitely contributed to our enjoyment .

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the blocks close to reception if you have an issue with climbing hills, although t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah C
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Upon arrival, we were greeted with great service! I believe the gentleman serving us was named Phillip. We arrived early, so we sat and had a drink while our rooms were being prepared. Phillip came over to chat with us, and he ended up being a great help to us. We needed to set up 2 ferry rides and 2 longtail boat rides for our departure to our next two destinations, and he set it up for us within 10 minutes....something that may have taken us hours. So that was a great start! Our rooms had a great view(top floor)! If you couldn't handle the trek up, they were happy to shuttle you up or down, any time of the day/night. The rooms were clean and well maintained. The grounds were well manicured as well. Three separate pools...all very clean with great views, and a child size waterslide. The swim up bar was great but they expect you to pay for every drink individually....no tab....they want to bill it to your room...which i have heard from several friends...that this is a bad idea due to overbilling, which isn't noticed until you check your creditcard statements. Out of the two restaurants, the food was overated/over priced. However, the breakfast smorg was decent. I didn't feel that the staff in the restaurants were that great. They forgot our drinks at 2 meals. One thing that I was dissapponted with was that we booked months in advance, and paid too much money....my mother joined us at this resort with a last minute decision, and she paid half of what we paid for the exact same style of room. Overall, beautiful resort, quiet, great view, great hotel staff; not so much in the restaurant, great pools, great rooms. I would stay there again but I would not pay the full price. I would reccomend this resort to travellers.

Room Tip: Higher floors obviously have better views. Don't worry about walking up the mountain if you are...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We arrived and were greeted with a cold face towel and refreshing cold drinks. Staff were friendly throughout the stay and were helpful when needed. We had a sea view room which was situated towards the top of the resort. Yes there is a bit of a climb to get there, but nothing as bad as other people here make it out to be. They offer to take you up by golf buggy if needed.

Walk to kamala beach was around 25 minutes and again, it does involve walking uphill when returning. Plenty of restaurants in that area with a sand beach.

We had the BBQ buffet on one night and buffet breakfast every morning. Both had a great selection of food to choose from.

Only bad experience at this resort was other guests making too much noise by slamming their doors and running around and also an excursion with elephants (animals were not treated as you would imagine)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank richielee14
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was very disappointed with my stay here - when i arrived from the airport i had to wait 40 mins as they couldn't find my name on the system.
The lady at reception was so rude to me, they made me pay when i have already paid at the travel agency.
I requested/paid for a sea view room and they gave me a room with a view of trees no sea view, i was to exhausted to complain as i was over it by then and just accepted it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Selena D
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at the resort with my husband as part of our honeymoon. Kamala is about 10min taxi/tuk tuk ride into Patong and 5min to main part of Kamala. The resort is beautiful with very friendly staff. It has a number of pools and 2 restaurants. The food was average and lot more expensive compared to eating out.

• Stayed February 2014