“Wonderful boutique spa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Sunanda Spa

The Sunanda Spa
Ranked #8 of 11 Spas & Wellness in Kamala
More attraction details
Owner description: The Sunanda Spa is a luxury boutique spa, all of our therapists are fully trained to a high standard and have worked in top spa’s all over Thailand.We have eight treatment rooms which are in individual air-conditioned Pavilions where guests can enjoy total privacy and relaxation.The Pavilions are set in lush tropical gardens, with a waterfall and cold water Jacuzzi, each Pavilion overlooks the central swimming pool. Guests are invited to use our unique Herbal Steam Cave before each treatment.We also have a nail spa and offer a host of beauty treatments including facials by the top Australian brand Jurlique, waxing and eyelash/brow tinting.If guests wish to, they can browse our Spa shop, we have hand printed organic clothes from India, massage oils and much more.To complete our spa experience there is a guest relaxation Pavilion where we serve drinks and snacks, or guests can just simply relax in our shaded Sala.Wi-fi is available throughout the spa.
Phuket, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful boutique spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

An excellent experience. I did not find imy treatment over priced, in fact I felt it was very good value for money and would definitely return for the oh-so-relaxing Balinese massage. I was served very delicious hibiscus tea that was both refreshing and tasty.
My therapist took into account my sensitive back and sort feed back appropriately. She was skilled and efficient. I would recommend this beautiful getaway spa as a wonderful treat to anyone.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Dorothy M

Tempe, Arizona
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Excellent service but very overpriced.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2013 via mobile

I decided to try a spa pedicure because I've tried cheaper options with no luck.
I was first given VERY sweet tea and a nice cold towel. After 30 seconds, I was taken to my room for a LONG pedicure. It lasted 1 1/2 hrs because she refused to use clippers to trim my nails and insisted on filing them.
No foot massage or lotion. The total bill with VAT and tip was 642ThB. Nearly US prices for less service.
Unfortunately I won't be back. Too expensive.

2 Thank drubano
Lauren026, Owner at The Sunanda Spa, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Adviser.
I am pleased that you found our service to be excellent, we pride ourselves on being the only luxury day spa in the area. Our therepists are trained to the highest standards to give the best possible service.
I am disappointed that there were a few issues that you were not happy with. We now serve chilled Hibiscus tea as our welcome drink, hibiscus tea is known to lower blood pressure and prevent cancers and heart disease.
I am really suprised that you were not given a foot massage when you had the pedicure, it is part of the treatment, also we use Citrus Hydrating Lotion from CND, again I will discuss with the therepist as to why this was omitted from the treatment and also why she was reluctant to use clippers.
Our manicure and pedicure prices have now been lowered to 350 baht for a regular pedicure and 450 for a Shellac gel pedicure, these prices include all taxes and service.