“Nothing special”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Canberra, Australia
“Nothing special”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Came here with family and we ordered different things including king prawns in a chilli sauce, spaghetti , pad thai and green curry chicken.
Prawns were fresh and in a nice sauce kids spaghetti was nice and other dishes pretty good. Not bad but nothing special here and well priced.

Visited July 2014

• Finnish first
Laval, Canada
“Great steaks”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We went there because we wanted to have some real steaks after so much Thai food and we were not disappointed. Very good meal.

Visited March 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Kobe Meat.”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We had waited for a long time to try and eat Kobemeat. Finally we had a phonecall from the manager that he could serve us next thursday. And what a thrill to taste this heavenly meal. Everything was perfect and the meat was so tender and just as we wanted it prepared. You could chew it with your eyebrows, and the sevice was great. Price was also reasonable for this special meat. Everybody should try it at least once.

• Visited November 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
“Competently prepared food”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

4 of us ate there last night. Dishes were English beef (?) with salad. Really fresh salad but the beef was basically a slab of meat with fried onions on top (I wonder why it's called that - I'm English and have never heard that expression). Mine was deep fried shrimp cakes (very nice) and fried fish with fried basil (okay, not that much taste). Friend took the sirloin which he was satisfied with and the last person took swedish meatballs with mash which she enjoyed.
All in all, I don't think you will be disappointed with the food. WONDERFUL, friendly waitress (wished I'd asked her name so I could compliment her here)

One comment to the owner who greeted us downstairs while we were perusing the menu. DON'T hang over people's shoulders while they're looking at the menu - it's simply irritating.

• Visited January 2014
Oslo, Norway
“typical scandinavian liked restaurant”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

im sorry to say that the food here was a little under average..
We were 6 people who all had different kind of food, they managed the steak but the carbonara.. pizza..fish.. terrible.
Bad acoustic also, difficult to hear each other.

Visited January 2014
ptop54, Ejer at H.C. Andersen - Family Restaurant, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Excuse me. "They just managed the steak" - I hope so as I just last weeks had customers on their way back from holliday in Vietnam making a stop for only 1 nigth in Kamala to for the 5th time to enjoy our steaks. Our steaks have a reputation that is higher than "just made it". The carbonara was terrible - I have customers living in Kamala comming to the restaurant for that food - as it is the best carbonara in town. Pizza - some love them - som do not. Terrible fish - can not be - otherwice I do not think that we sell so much fish as we do.
Up til now I have 2 "terrible" reviews - both from customers who has given another restaurant in Kamala "exellent" review. I start to think something "bad".