“Lovely little place on the beach front”

Mamma Mia Grill & Restaurant Kamala
Ranked #12 of 121 Restaurants in Kamala
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Kids, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mamma Mia is the Phuket restaurant where new influences are thriving alongside traditional cooking. In between the three of us, running Mamma Mia, we have more than fifty five years of restaurant experience, both from the kitchen and the dining room. And we always try to make sure that this experience is shown in the quality of food, drinks and service. We want to create an atmosphere that is warm with caring staff and an overall professionalism.At Mamma Mia we provide our customers with a lot of different kinds of food with flavors from far and away and we also serve the very best imported quality steaks in our grill and a la cart menus.
Adelaide
“Lovely little place on the beach front”
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

This is our first family trip to phuket, staying at kamala beach. Tried this restaurant on our second night, the food was nice but as we found out later very small portions. Staff not over friendly, but I would say overall reasonably priced and a lovely view while you eat dinner.

• Finnish first
  • Korean first
Banchory, United Kingdom
“Mammas”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

great food fantastic location with no complaints at all was very chuffed with the service which was first class

north shields, newcastle
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Nice place, food just did not appeal as other places had also must have caught some staff on a bad day as it was the only meal we had in kamala where the waitress manager unfriendly.

Visited January 2014
Oslo, Norway
“... how can I resist you?”
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Attentive, top-of-the-shelf service, especially from the tall swedish waiters, investing time in genuine conversations with the guests, while the thai staff spreads good mood and delivers more than what anyone can expect. The employees also really seem to love their work. The sound of waiters speaking swedish among each other and to the guests reminds me of my home town Oslo, except back home only rude, swedish people are allowed to serve food, I suspect. The staff here are very polite.
Compared to tourist-traps in the same area, Mamma Mia is way ahead on all areas; food, service, location, and most important: abilty to adjust to the needs of the guest. Even when the workload is huge, they deliver the food fast and effective to the tables.

The restaurant is big and very spacious. The furnishing seems well thought through. The backside of the restaurant has a beautiful panoramic view of Kamala Bay, and walking out the back one can access the beach very handy, without having to pass about a dozen harassing "Sir! Sir! I have a suit for you, sir!"-sellers in the disguisting Rim-Had road.

How about the food? I've tried the breakfast here once, and will be back for more, guaranteed. The coffee is one of the best in Phuket (I've tried a few!), only matched by The Kitchen of Kata. I went for English breakfast, which included very nice beans and white bread, and decent sausages. While enjoying my breakfast I could heer Prince's "Sign o' the times" and Sly & the family Stones "Family affair" being played from the bar... (9 A.M!) gave me goosebumps.. Oh, and, did I mention the fantastic backside view?
The dinner is really breathtaking, with fresh vegetables, excellent, crunchy french fries and rich, tasty sauce. The steaks are so good I will have to travel to Mamma Mias other branches in Bang Tao and Rawai just to investigate if they keep the same level of excellence.

Only bump I can think of is the entrance from Rim-Had road, a red carpet with unpredictable and nearly invisible steps up and down, could for sure be more considerate towards blind people and those stuck in wheelchairs.

• Visited February 2014
“Best in Kamala”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

This place is great. Nice atmosphere, polite staff mad the owner was very nice. There must have been 60 people there when we went and I thought it would take some time to get any service but I was wrong. Order was taken from well spoken local who had a good understanding of English and the food came within good time. About the food, there is a good selection and all our dishes were well prepared, they obviously have someone who knows what they are doing in the kitchen, the price was also very good. Well recommended and I will be going back.. Skol