“Lunch on the Beach”

Mamma Mia Grill & Restaurant Kamala
Ranked #11 of 126 Restaurants in Kamala
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Swedish, Thai, Scandinavian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mamma Mia is the Phuket restaurant where new influences are thriving alongside traditional cooking. In between the three of us, running Mamma Mia, we have more than fifty five years of restaurant experience, both from the kitchen and the dining room. And we always try to make sure that this experience is shown in the quality of food, drinks and service. We want to create an atmosphere that is warm with caring staff and an overall professionalism.At Mamma Mia we provide our customers with a lot of different kinds of food with flavors from far and away and we also serve the very best imported quality steaks in our grill and a la cart menus.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lovely setting on Kamala beach, we had a varied selection of meals ranging from a Thai dish to spagetti bolognaise, all delicious.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This restaurant was recommended to us by a friendly and helpful worker at our hotel, who told us this was the best restaurant in Kamala. We had already tried a few places on the beach -- that are very difficult to differentiate one from the other -- but this place is different. I couldn't quite put my finger on why, exactly, but it had a classier feel to it. We're not talking fine dining, but compared to eating with your feet in the sand, this was a bit nicer. As for the food -- we ate there twice, and all four items we tried were very good, surprisingly good even, given the standard fare we had encountered on the beach. They also had a nice selection of non-Asian food, just in case you've had enough temporarily, but they also had interesting twists on Asian dishes. There was plenty of variety for several more visits, and if I were in Kamala again I would only go to this restaurant.
A few criticisms: the service is far from attentive (something I came across many times in Bangkok, unlike Vietnam, where the service was almost always so much more attentive); the prices are not cheap; and the bathroom could use a serious upgrade. If you are paying Western prices for food on a beach, I think you should be able to expect a decent bathroom.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

May 27th 2014....
Again another enjoyable meal. Having been here last year, this time we bought family members.
We had a starter of Satay Chicken. My guest commenting beautiful flavor. While mash is not on the menu they are happy to make it for you so my daughter and husband were very happy with here steak & mash. My son in law and I tried a new Menu item - Plank Steak, this also came with mash, tomato and garlic cream sauce and bacon wrapped asparagus.
The restaurant has front street access & back - overlooking the ocean openings, undercover and open air dining. Attentive staff. We even had a talk with out chefs after the meal.
Will I return - Yes very much so.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We ate here for dinner one night and we were sat in a wooden hut thing which was extremely uncomfortable but the food was fab, well cooked and tasty. The service was a little slow and the owner seemed intent on looking after his regulars... Never less it was a great meal and we were in no hurry.

We returned the following week and we were ignored for 5 mins so we took a comfy seat this time and waited for the menu, and we waited... We were completed ignored so we walked out...

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We had some drinks there and a light lunch. The service was excellent and they had Savanna, a cider from South Africa which was ice cold and refreshing.