“Majestic Elephants and other Animals”
Review of Phuket FantaSea

Phuket FantaSea
Book In Advance
US$80.14*
Phuket Fantasea Show and Dinner
Buy Tickets Online
US$66.09*
and up
Phuket Fantasea (Show Only)
US$99.54*
Phuket Fantasea Including Dinner and Transfers
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Kamala
More attraction details
Owner description: This cultural theme park is divided into three sections: shopping in the Festival village, dining in the Golden Kinnaree Buffet Restaurant and Vegas-style entertainment in the Palace of the Elephants.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I was keen to see this show as we had not managed to get there on previous trips to Phuket. We decided not to have the buffet and instead had dinner before we arrived. Don't really like being in large crowds for long. Did buy the gold seats and we were glad as we got very good seats and an excellent view of the show.
Enjoyed the show. The costumes, acrobatics, magicians, music, special effects and especially the animals were worth seeing. The elephants came on first. Such magnificent creatures! At one time I counted seventeen on the stage. I'm glad I am not responsible for feeding them, the amount of food they require each day. I could follow the story as I had read the synopsis in the brochure.
No cameras in the show, it would be very distracting to the performers. The queue to hand in cameras was well organised and didn't seem to take long, however at the end of the show when everyone needed to line up the queues were very long. I was wishing we hadn't bothered bringing cameras at all.

Did not really enjoy the carnival village and many shops that seemed to be another way to extract more money from us. Souvenirs were expensive and carnival games are more appealing to young families, not those in the crusty age bracket like me. Did enjoy the lovely people dressed up in their colourful costumes and wandering though the theme park.
Transfer from the hotel was on time, however was delayed by two other guests who didn't show, then we went to a nearby hotel to pick up another two who had already left. By the time we arrived at the theme park, our time was limited and we didn't see the white tigers. Did see the baby tigers being fed milk when we were on our way to the Palace of the Elephants.

1  Thank heritage255068

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The show was good: lighting, costume, music, people and stages. But they need to add narration into the show.

All the good things was vanished by poor services. We need to queue for about 45 minutes to pick up our camera. You kidding right?
One very fat lady was very hard to stand in the line and almost fainted. She was helped by other guests, and there was no staffs there!

Better not to pay the dinner which costs you THB1.000. You only get very common buffet dinner.

4  Thank Hilman F
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Was interested in going as my Thai partner recommended it. As so many people say on here it has a colourful theme park feel to it....but parents beware many many ways for you to part with your money if your children get drawn in to what's on offer. Cameras are allowed everywhere except the main show ....the queue to hand in and collect your camera an phone was disorganised and felt like we were at the airport again. My Thai partner helped explain the acts within the show and what they meant...I can understand how most tourists feel its all a bit confusing and disjointed without an interpreter. I really struggled seeing so many elephants at the end if the show (I counted 16) run around the stage being told to stand on each other or sit on their back end. Not natural and therefore very uncomfortable. The whole place is a money trap on a massive scale and given how many tourists pass through Phuket it's future is almost certain in the long term exploiting the welfare of animals outside there natural habitat.

2  Thank Jules B
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This was a attraction recommended by passing tourist, while I was on holiday in Phuket... I did not regret it for one moment... it was professional and spectacular...a mixture of cultural heritage and some illusions... phantasy and history ... clownesk and acrobatie... lots of amusement parks in Europa can learn a lesson of the efficiency of this attraction....Fast, friendly.. always with a smile and on time... a shuttle service from and to the hotel... it was just woaw

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is something you can't describe to other people you have to do there to understand. At teh gates by partner and I saw they had gold class seats so we asked and they were about $6 each more on top of the regular price. My partner being legally blind wanted a closer seat otherwise he wouldn't be able to see. and it was SO worth it always go gold class. We had a separate dining room with a individual table instead of fighting wil the masses for the main beffet and sitting in cafeteria style tables. We also had our own waiters it was great! Be careful of the food EVERYTHING is spicy except the beef.

The show itself was amazing totally loved it. Especially since we got seats so clothes to the front!

We had a look at some of the other animals they had there and I can say they were not in great condition. The tigers were very stressed the birds were dirty and all the animals looked very skinny.

but apart from that it was a great once in a life time experience!

1  Thank kat_travel_Bris