“fun but probably not worth the price”
Review of Phuket FantaSea

Phuket FantaSea
Book In Advance
More Info
US$64.28*
and up
Phuket Fantasea (Show Only)
More attraction details
Owner description: This cultural theme park is divided into three sections: shopping in the Festival village, dining in the Golden Kinnaree Buffet Restaurant and Vegas-style entertainment in the Palace of the Elephants.
Incheon, South Korea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“fun but probably not worth the price”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The Fantasea show was interesting, but lacked story or direction. It felt very random.

The park itself was nice, but somewhat tacky. There were exhibits of animals and culture as we walked to the main theater. Lot's of overpriced games and shopping.

Once the theater opens, they move you quickly through the security check to your seat. We followed the advice of several other reviews to NOT BRING YOUR PHONE, and it was very good advice. You are not allowed to take the phone/camera into the theater and the line for checking in/out your phone/camera before and after the performance was really long. Since we didn't bring any of that, we were in and out very quickly.

The performance itself was entertaining but was also very slow at times. The highlights were the acrobatics and the elephants.

The biggest downside was that I felt the show was overpriced. If you are into cultural performances and circus-like shows, then go ahead. But if that's not your cup of tea, your money will be better spent elsewhere.

1 Thank Tony T

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“For culture lover”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The decoration around the show resemble the local culture. The do provide food service with extra charged during the show. Somehow i could not understand what is the is all about, overall if you have extra pennies do spend here, if not there is nothing to lose if you skip this.

Visited August 2013
Perth, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am so glad my husband and I went along to this, it really was a spectacular show. We paid for the buffet dinner as well and I am normally not a fan of buffets but there was so many options to choose from and it was all tasty and fresh. Easy to get to as there is a transport service available from your hotel.

Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wow, just WOW!!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I went here for my kids, I had no expectations. I was hot, I was tired and I was hungry, and the kids were running around, looking at everything, soaking it all in and smiling from ear to ear. That should have been enough to put me in a good mood? Nah, I was determined to be grumpy.
Then we sat down for dinner. Oh. MY. GOD.... So much food!
And it was sooooo good!!!
(My only advice here, is to let you know that there IS free water - I actually paid for it, and they taxed me on top of that, which was disappointing).
Then there was the show.
I was still not exactly in a great mood, sitting there thinking "I've seen all this before, woopy doo, hope the kids like it" when the show started.
From the very first second, I was riveted. The show is a visual delight and I'm certain my smile was the biggest in the room
Honestly, I can't recommend this enough. Go, just go - you won't regret it!

2 Thank Libby C
Patong, Thailand
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Well worth a visit with the family.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Now I am not normally one to visit these sort of shows, however I decided to take my friend and her daughter along to see it and I'm so pleased that I did.

It is just outside of Patong and easily reachable through the many Phuket FantaSea minivans which operate throughout Phuket. Otherwise a local taxi will take you there, or if you have your own car there is plenty of car parking space.

On the outskirts of the complex there is an area containing amusements and games akin to a funfair type atmosphere which is well worth a visit prior to the main show starting.

Also there is a huge dining hall complete with buffet style food covering just about every nationality, and you can eat as much as you like and I found the quality to be excellent.

Appetites sated, it was time for the main show which is in a huge theatre, with comfortable seats.

The show was a cross between a stage play, pantomime and circus acts and was very entertaining and well choreographed, and the elephants and live animals were a joy to behold, and even the story was simple enough to follow even if you weren't from Thailand.

A great evening's entertainment for the family and couples and I would recommend it to anyone who wanted to do something different whilst staying in Phuket.

Visited April 2014