All reviews nice small hotel steamed fish bars and restaurants the hotel is clean thai food hotel restaurant beach side charoen phuket
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Good beach-side hotel. Our ground floor room had a patio right next to the swimming pool, and first impressions were great - we were provided with green beach towels and white room towels and when we arrived the green towels were elaborately folded into the shape of swans! Room was clean, quiet, comfortable and well-equipped and served us well for 5 nights. Loads of good restaurants and bars to chose from and we never ate at the hotel so can't comment on the food. The poolside gets a bit intimate as it's tight for space, but the beach is just over the wall. Staff were always very helpful. Top tip - organise your own taxi rides to and from the airport and save yourself a few hundred baht.......

Date of stay: November 2011
1  Thank schtum
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We have been travelling to Thailand for years, and after trying many hotels in the Kamala area have always returned to Kamala Dreams.

LOCATION: Kamala dreams is located in the middle of the main beach road of Kamala, directly on the beach.
The restaurant is at the front of the hotel, and rooms at the back overlooking the pool and facing the beach.

TYPE OF ROOM: No matter which room we have stayed in at Kamala Dreams it is always spacious with a large comfortable bed, AC, nice furnishings and lots of space. Each room has a large balcony area.
The price includes breakfast, and the breakfast menu has a good selection of dishes, both Thai and Western.

BATHROOM/SHOWER: The bathrooms are a good size, with a shower screen to separate the shower from the hand basin and toilet.

CLEANLINESS: The rooms are spotlessly clean.

CLOSET SPACE: There is plenty of closet space, and space for storing bags and cases. There is a lockable drawer in the rooms for storing your personal belongings.

TV/INTERNET: There is a TV in each room with a good selection of channels. Free wifi is available in the restaurant.

SERVICE/STAFF: Jan (the owner) is very helpful, and will go out of his way to help you with any queries or needs. He speaks excellent English.

The cleaning and restaurant staff have basic English, but are very helpful and friendly, and if you learn a few Thai language basics like hello and thank you, it goes a long way.
When staying in Kamala this is a great choice, and excellent value.

Date of stay: April 2012
4  Thank gounta
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I tried the Charoen Seafood restaurant in the hotel two days ago, after reading good reviews. It turned out to be very disappointing. I'm Asian.
I order 3 dishes. steamed fish is hard and does not taste very fresh. The scale is not properly removed, so it became very messy when you put it into your mouth. Taste is very flat.
Fried crab is small (comparing to those I had at Patong beach) and a bit too sweet.
Fried mixed vegetables are ok.

Didn't try western food. but I found plenty of small restaurants in Patong beach so much better, at similar prices. If you want good Thai food, this is not the place to go.

Overall Kamala beach dining experience is not impressive at all

Date of stay: January 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank scintilla1980
Reviewed 22 January 2012

They allowed us to check in early (the bus brought us in at 7:30 a.m.). The location is key. Our huge balcony faced the ocean. This location is in the heart of everything in Kamala Beach. Walking distance to the main beach area and to all the restaurants. Internet is free in their restaurant. Safe surroundings. I would suggest this place due to great value for money. Quiet. The shower IS separate from the bath area (major plus).The people are friendly but outside of the manager most of them do not speak English.

Room tip: Don't include breakfast in your price. Walk out on the beach or the main strip and you will find more options.
Date of stay: December 2011
1  Thank swaw2018
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The hotel arranged for me to be met at the airport in Phuket, for 900 baht. My room is large, clean, a/c, TV (mainly in Thai and German, but National Geographic is good in any language). The shower is excellent. The bed linen is crisp and white.
The meals in the restaurant are good quality and not expensive. The portions are huge, though, so I have had to ask for smaller amounts (I am a 71-year old woman, and don't eat much when it is very hot).
The pool has dark green tiles which makes it very cool and inviting. There is only a low wall separating it from the beach, which is of golden sand, with clear, aquamarine waters, which are like a warm bath.
There is free Wifi access in the restaurant, and it also worked sometimes in my bedroom, which is on the first floor.
I have only two minor criticisms - it would be helpful to have at least one member of staff on duty who speaks English, as most tourists, whether from Germany, Austria, Holland, and the rest of Europe , Japan, and other South East Asian countries, and of course, Australia, NZ, Canada or the USA will be able to communicate their needs. I could not manage to make the lady on duty at lunch time understand what I meant by a beer/lemonade (shandy or panache). I just settled for a beer!
The other minor point is not something the owners can do much about - the balconies are not private and I am reluctant to sit out if the people in the next room are only feet away from me. Just me - I am a very private person.

My big disappointment on this trip is nothing to do with the hotel - I came to snorkel on coral and there is none acccessible, other than a little brown and grey 'brain' coral. As this was the main purpose of my trip to Phuket, I felt very let down. The brochures all speak of snorkeling and give the impression it will be over coral. In the end, I did get some good days out by taking the long-tail boat of Merlin Divers, which is close to the hotel, along with 10 divers. They were very kind to an old lady, helping me on and off the boat, and I did find some very interesting underwater caverns and gullies, teeming with fish.
The elephant trek is exciting but you may be upset by the conditions of the monkeys which are kept on short chains. I won't visit snake farms, etc. because I am not happy with the animal welfare (or lack of it) in most Third World countries.
I had a three hour 'jungle' walk, which is really very pleasant, through the forest and my guide was very knowledgeable. It is cool up in the higher ground and it was good to get away from the hordes of people in the actual resort.
I took a speed boat trip to Phi Phi and some other islands, but again there was no coral. We went to the beach where The Beach was filmed, along with about 20 other boats and 1,000 tourists. This kind of mass tourism is not for me, so I will be going to small resorts on the Red Sea for my future snorkeling trips.

Room tip: They seem to be all the same.
Date of stay: January 2012