“Amazing Romantic Place”
Review of U Zenmaya Phuket

U Zenmaya Phuket
Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The place is simply awesome.
It is right on the Sea and the views are breathtaking.

Place has the best and unique infrastructure along with the best hospitality.

Please go for ocean view rooms as they are every worth of money.

Room Tip: Select Delux Sea view rooms...they are worth every penny
There are newer reviews for U Zenmaya Phuket

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Very romantic place to stay. Has all the facilities and amenities. Near to patong as well.

Go for only ocean view rooms. They are really amazing.

Would recommend for all. Also would suggest to hire a scooter from the hotel only to roam around.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The view is priceless and the staffs are amazing. Got a deluxe sea view room overlooking the Andaman Sea for a steal! The package also comes with a free 2H spa which is a total bonus. Guests also get to choose to have their brekkie at the restaurant or the room. Highly recommended for couples or families!

1  Thank crappyalex
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Nice environment, clean room, helpful staff, yummy breakfast :)

Most important is U Zenmaya hotel do care hygiene. There is a regularly pest control for all over the place. Thumbs Up :)

Helpful staff :)

Fast check-in process - Staff leading me to my room while the check-in is in process. What a fast/multitasking process :)

Room Tip: Choose lower floor room (The room which have private swimming pool) if you need more privacy XD. Oth...
1  Thank FeiWill
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Just checked-in, and it's exceeded our expectations! Bart at the Front Desk was exceptional! Both our rooms have breathtaking views...A jacuzzi on the balcony??? A BIG WOW!!! Can't wait to experience the rest of what the resort has to offer! Stay tuned!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Villaonacliff C
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We have been to Phuket for many times... My friends and I have decided to stay at u zenmaya for this holiday. We have read good reviews and booked a total of 4 rooms with sea view. We were impressed with the hotel on our first day. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and very clean. The sea view for each rooms were magnificent and grand in their own way. We do loves our own sea view. Though slightly disappointed that the jacuzzi was in the bathroom, the room are still definitely worth the stay. We have trouble with two rooms. 1 room has problem with the toilet flush and the other room has problem with the hot water. The hotel staff have taken effort to listen to the feedback and fixed it right. Thanks for the professionalism. I must mentioned that the hotel has impressed us that we can select the type of pillows and handmade soap we can use too. It was lovely. I must mentioned the breakfast as it was simple and nice. We can have the option of having in the room or at the restaurant. The oceanic view at the hotel is worth it. The hotel amenities were well equipped with its own gym and pool. Stars glazing in the night was scenic. The library view facing the ocean was great too. Hotel staff service were first class too. Transportation was slightly out of the way as the hotel location was located away from Patong beach. Tuk tuk costs on average 200 baht per trip. Hence, we got a rental car. Overall, we have enjoyed a very pleasant and fun stay at the hotel. We will definitely be back for more...

Reviewed 2 July 2014

I just checked in today and I'm eager to write this review as I'm still staying here.

Room/the view: I got the sea view room with jacuzzi on the balcony. It is very nice, chilling in the jacuzzi with a breath taking view. Only downside is there is a minor odor in the room and the bedding is quite damp.

Food: I haven't gotten the chance to have the breakfast yet but I did have lunch at their pool side restaurant. We ordered a burger and a sandwich, the food took a really long time since we were the only two customers, not to mention one order got messed up (ordered a steak sandwich but got chicken instead). The food was ok, not bad for the taste, but still quite expensive and there was a 10% service fee on the bill.

Location: I must say that I regret booking this place upon arriving. It is 5 km away from the Patong beach, and there is only two shuttle buses (one in the morning another one in the afternoon one way only). I think this really needs to be improved because customers are paying a lot of money and the hotel should provide easy transportation to the beach and back. In the end, I rode a tuktuk and the waryness of being ripped off by locals is just too stressful.

Overall, it is a nice hotel, but transportation MUST improve.

4  Thank Chane L
GM U Zenmaya P, General Manager at U Zenmaya Phuket, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Chane L,

Greetings from U Zenmaya Phuket.

I would like to begin by thanking you for taking the time to share your experiences on Trip Advisor. As General Manager it is my responsibility to ensure that our guests are enjoying their stay and attend to any issues they may encounter and Trip Advisor is extremely helpful in allowing us to do so.

I must sincerely apologise for the fact that, despite your praise of the hotel, there were certain aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to take this opportunity to address the points you raised.

After speaking to you as part of our standard courtesy follow up regarding your stay the staff reported that you appeared satisfied with your room. I am extremely sorry that your room had some issues and I implore all our valued guests to make us aware of any problems with their accommodation and if we cannot rectify the situation immediately will be happy to locate another room for them. As a U branded hotel your complete satisfaction is our ultimate goal.
I regret the inordinate amount of time it took to deliver your food and the mistake with the order. I have spoken to my Director of Food and Beverage over this matter for immediate improvement. I am also sorry that you considered your meal to be expensive as our prices are commensurate with other hotels in our area and at the moment we are offering our in-house guests a 20% discount on their meals.

I am also sorry that you considered our location to not be what you expected. Along with the other luxury properties in our vicinity our guests seem to require a more relaxing time when compared with the hustle and bustle of Patong Beach. However your comment concerning the shuttle service to Patong has been well noted and we will be providing a more frequent timetable during the high season.

May I end by saying that we would love to have the opportunity to be of service to you on your next visit to Phuket where you can witness firsthand the results of your invaluable feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
#2 of 8 in Karon Beach
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 328 in Patong

Been to U Zenmaya Phuket? Share your experiences!