“Beautiful view”

Ranked #4 of 36 Hotels in Kamala
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Beautiful view”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I would like to thank the staff @ U ZenMaya for there joyfulness, promptness at all times.
The view here is out of this world and is most stunning.
I would recommend this hotel 1000x over. I loved it there and would definitely go back..

Room Tip: I had room 123 with a Jacuzzi inside & Room 323 with Jacuzzi inside. Best to have one inside or...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 680Matthew680

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Colchester, Essex
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We are in Phuket, staying at the superb Swissotel Resort in Kamala Bay. An English couple told us that they had eaten at the Zeascape Restaurant at this hotel and it was a very good meal, the hotel was new and looked superb - and they were given a 30% discount without even asking for it! It sounded interesting and so, as it is the eve of our 30th Wedding Anniversary (19th July), we decided to go there for an evening meal. What a mistake!
The actual hotel is fantastic with private Jacuzzis on the room balconies, or private pools in some and a beautiful infinity main pool, It didn't seem that busy though with no more than 8 people in the restaurant at any one time.
However, the rest of the experience didn't hold up to expectations in any way. We arrived and ordered a drink each. After 15 minutes I had to signal the waitress to ask what was happening. After 20 minutes the drinks arrived - but mine was not the drink that I had ordered! How it can take so long to deliver two drinks when there were so few people around, beats me.
We ordered just a main course and I had crab meat in a yellow curry with noodles. I specifically asked (being a total wimp when it comes to chilli based meals) for a mild curry. The waiter served us and actually said that it might be too hot - and just dipping my fork into the pot and tasting it nearly blew my head off! It went away and my wife had virtually finished her meal when mine returned. It had obviously had a lot of coconut milk put in it to make it less hot and it was just about bearable. However for 'crab meat' read around a tablespoonful of shredded crab. It felt like I was pouring a soup onto the rice and there was really no crab taste to it.
I then ordered a chocolate ice cream for dessert (Haagen Daas pot) and even this was not the right flavour when it first came up.
By this time I was pretty uptight and so asked for the Duty Manager who turned out to be one of the waiters. If this had been a UK hotel, I would not have paid for my meal and would have expected them to be full of apologies and to have made a real gesture to make amends.
As it was, he did apologise and as a sop to my feelings, offered us a discount - of 30%.
We have another week here and I cannot think of any circumstances that would get me back to this hotel.

3 Thank Tony W
GM U Zenmaya P, General Manager at U Zenmaya Phuket, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear TonyWillson

Greetings from U Zenmaya Phuket.

May I begin by offering my most heartfelt apologies over your recent dining experience at U Zenmaya. I feel especially responsible over this particular matter as you had dined with us on the recommendation of another guest and it was in celebration of your wedding anniversary which I fully empathise should have been a special occasion.

The service you received was certainly not in keeping with the high standards I expect of my staff and I am extremely disappointed with the way your dinner issues were handled. Our guests’ satisfaction is and always will be our ultimate goal and I feel in this particular case we failed to live up to these standards. I have already had a debriefing with my restaurant manager and made known my explicit instructions for immediate improvement.

I noted from your review that you are residing at the Swissotel. I have already tried to contact you there personally to discuss matters but regretfully you were not in. If by chance you read this review response before I manage to contact you I would deeply appreciate it if you call U Zenmaya on 076-336 888 and ask to speak to me personally. My name is Addy.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The place is simply awesome.
It is right on the Sea and the views are breathtaking.

Place has the best and unique infrastructure along with the best hospitality.

Please go for ocean view rooms as they are every worth of money.

Room Tip: Select Delux Sea view rooms...they are worth every penny
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Very romantic place to stay. Has all the facilities and amenities. Near to patong as well.

Go for only ocean view rooms. They are really amazing.

Would recommend for all. Also would suggest to hire a scooter from the hotel only to roam around.

Stayed July 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The view is priceless and the staffs are amazing. Got a deluxe sea view room overlooking the Andaman Sea for a steal! The package also comes with a free 2H spa which is a total bonus. Guests also get to choose to have their brekkie at the restaurant or the room. Highly recommended for couples or families!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank crappyalex
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Nice environment, clean room, helpful staff, yummy breakfast :)

Most important is U Zenmaya hotel do care hygiene. There is a regularly pest control for all over the place. Thumbs Up :)

Helpful staff :)

Fast check-in process - Staff leading me to my room while the check-in is in process. What a fast/multitasking process :)

Room Tip: Choose lower floor room (The room which have private swimming pool) if you need more privacy XD. Oth...
1 Thank FeiWill
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Just checked-in, and it's exceeded our expectations! Bart at the Front Desk was exceptional! Both our rooms have breathtaking views...A jacuzzi on the balcony??? A BIG WOW!!! Can't wait to experience the rest of what the resort has to offer! Stay tuned!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Villaonacliff C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamala
Novotel Phuket Kamala Beach
Renaissance Phuket Resort & Spa
Mandarava Resort and Spa
Avista Hideaway Phuket Patong, MGallery by Sofitel
Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort
Amari Phuket
Amari Phuket
#2 of 319 in Patong

Been to U Zenmaya Phuket? Share your experiences!