“Avoid at all costs”

Cuisines: Italian, Thai, International
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Ordered a blueberry smoothie at 150 baht which consisted of sweetened blue water... the owner asserts that a smoothie without fruit is reasonable. Service slow and shoddy. An expensive tourist trap.

1  Thank Pramod D
JohnPalms, Owner at Al Fresco Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

I am not sure what restaurant/bar it was that you visited, but it certainly was not here at "Al Fresco's" in Kamala Beach, as we do NOT sell either "Blueberries" or "Blueberry Smoothies".

I also take offense at your comment that "we are an expensive Tourist Trap", once again you are wrong, as all of our food is freshly prepared and reasonably priced, and on drinks our Cocktails at 99 Thai Baht are the lowest price in all of Kamala Beach.

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I enjoyed my thin crust pizza and topping in a good atmosphere along the beach road. The cheap cocktails were excellent value and enjoyed by the family,

Thank you very much for the nice comment here. I am glad you enjoyed your pizzas and cocktails, and we look forward to seeing you back again.

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I was at Al Fresco few days ago and it was really great! I felt like I was in small Italy! I think the best place ever in Phuket to eat Italian food!
Great food,drinks, really good muisic, friendly waiters!
I recommended Al Fresco to everybody!

JohnPalms, Owner at Al Fresco Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you very much for your nice comments about Al Fresco. The staff have all worked very hard on making the change over a success, I am pleased you enjoyed your meal, and I will
pass on your praise to all of the staff. Many thanks again for posting your comment here.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Ate here with my family. Food timings all over the shop....wrong food being bought to table. Seemed to be a bloke nominally 'in charge'....when not apologising to customers who had complained seemed happy lounging at the bar smoking. Save your money and spend it elsewhere!

JohnPalms, Owner at Al Fresco Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

I am really sorry to hear that you were not happy with your recent visit to our new Al Fresco restaurant. So far all of the feed back that I have received from guests has only been good. However, on checking with my staff after your comment here, I believe on the night you visited we had new staff, and there were some problems with wrong orders, which I assume must have been your.
Once again I would like to apologize for any poor service you received, which is certainly not the norm, and to take this opportunity to invite you to give us a try again, but this time as "my guests".

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I visited Al Fresco last night, and what a great find it was. The food was incredible, I could not believe that I was still in Phuket. I had a starter and main course, both beautifully presented, and tasted delicious!! The staff there could not have been more helpful. I was told that it was new, but I highly recommend a visit here. Another big plus point was that their prices were very reasonable.... Especially their 99 baht cocktails

Thank you very much for the very nice review, I am glad you enjoyed our new restaurant and look forward to seeing you again.