1,297 results
All reviews sunset grill the club lounge pool house dipping pool kamala beach golf buggies buggy service phuket resort steep hill ocean view every hour main restaurant main pool private pool nice property day bed relaxing stay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We spent 8 nights at the resort on a luxury escapes trip. Full board and extras.

The resort was quiet being low season.

Staff good always friendly and willing to help.

Food was terrific - unexpectedly good given we had full board. Banquets not available because vacancy was low but we were ok with that. Our meals were always delicious fresh and large!

The rooms were tired but that was sort of expected given the age of the property.

It’s not that close to anything but that suited us fine.

3 stars not 4 but really closer to 4 in reality.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 50thbirthday_2011
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed this hotel - good location and wonderful facilities. Location is a short walk to the main area of Kamala, and the hotel offers a shuttle service. Along with a paid shuttle service to Patong.
The pool was amazing - I have never seen a pool this big before. The Pool Side restaurant was likewise amazing. The staff were all very gracious and helpful.
We opted for the Club experience and highly recommend this as well worth the little bit extra as you get breakfast, nibbles and evening drinks. Rooms with great views. Din, Julia and the team were top notch.
We will go back to this lovely hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Hyatt_Regency_Phuket, Food and Beverage Manager at Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear rach m,

Warm Greetings from Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort,

Thank you very much for high score rate on your recent stay in our resort. We really appreciate your feedback and are glad you had a great time with us. it would be my pleasure to share your kind comments with the team which I am confident it will further motivate them in their efforts to exceed guests' expectations.

We look forward to being your resort of choice when you travel back to Phuket, please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I don't normally write reviews, but I feel I have to stand out and put up a warning for those who intend to stay with this resort. This Hyatt Is the worst managed and maintained one by far.
1. First night - I booked a terrace room for my family, the room was horrible
-the closet was falling apart;
-shower didn't have enough water pressures, it took 10 mins to rinse shampoo off my hair;
-air conditioner was really loud,we could barely sleep the first night;
-bathroom was poorly cleaned, there were hairs on the floor from previous guest.
- the bedding felt very damp, very uncomfortable
2. Second day I requested to change room and add a single bed, the on duty Manager M told me that the room is an UPGRADE, so I have to pay for the extra bed when hotels.com states the room rate includes the extra bed. I was also told the room will be ready by 12, after my lunch which was close to 2, the room was still not ready. The manager LIED again said he will give me another UPGRADE which will be ready soon. I was carrying my 10 months old son and rush to go back to the room for his nap, he actually made me waited and signed the extra bed bill before he let me move room.when I got to the room, I realised it's actually a downgrade. I searched online and confirmed it, I went back to the reception and confronted them, I was told that they can give me an upgraded room in 1 hour, by then it's 4pm. Not to mention it took hotel staff 2 hours to move in the single bed I requested and our luggage from the old room to new downgraded room. Never in my life I got a downgraded hotel room from what j paid for. And never I encountered a hotel manager would just LIE through his teeth to the customers.
3. The third day was my husband’s birthday and I made sure hotel knows even when I booked and when I arrived. No body ever greeted happy birthday, no cake, nothing.
4. The resort only has 1 pool, it's pretty boring for the kid.
5. even tho they have 2 restaurants but really it's just 1, sunset grill only open for dinner. They only have a pool house open for lunch and breakfast. If you have young kids and just want to eat and relax in the hotel, it's the wrong place! Even for us being there 3 days eating in an overpriced average restaurant is just tiring.
4. We couldn't even enjoy a bath, the water never gets hot, it's just luke warm, and the water pressure is not right, it takes forever to fill up a bathtub for my kid.
The list goes on, bottom line, if you want a relaxing family vocation, this is NOT the place. And be aware when they claim to give you a double upgrade it's a downgrade. The manager LIES.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Vivien B
Hyatt_Regency_Phuket, Food & Beverage Manager at Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Vivien B

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve in all areas of the resort.

We are sorry to learn that we did not meet your expectations in certain areas during your stay. Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced. Your feedback has been given immediate attention for improvement. I will certainly be following up on the points you have raised in great detail.

Vivien B, Please do reach out to me directly so we can discuss your stay in more detail and make amends.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights as a family holiday. They gave us a 2 bed room suite which was large and spacious. Fittings were all practical abscess thoughtful. We paid for club room access and enjoyed the daily cocktails at the club in addition to a wide breakfast menu at the poolside cafe. Only option our breakfast lacked was hollandaise sauce to make eggs Benedict. Otherwise, it’s perfect.

There is a free bus to the nearest Kamala beach which is clean and run by people in the community. No touting here. At a lower cost, you can take a round trip bus to the largest mall in the town. Beats paying for the local taxis which charge exorbitantly.

Compliments to Din and Julia from the club. They make our stay extra special.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank S C

Dear S C,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in Phuket and are appreciate your feedback about our staff. The compliments towards Din and Julia are very kind and each associate is grateful for been mentioned in your review.

We look forward to being your resort of choice when you travel back to Phuket, please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any further assistance and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were there during the 3rd week of Aug 2018 for my daughter's first birthday and we regret choosing this hotel.

The hotel has all the amenities but lacks service. The pool is great, beach is close by, has 3 restaurants with decent food.

The only thing 5 star about this resort is the price. Too expensive to eat at their restaurants.

Worst service ever received! The least expected from Hyatt! The word Sub-standard is a lot to describe them. Positive reviews must be from those who got the ocean view rooms.

When we arrived, we asked for ocean view but we were told that the resort was 95% booked and there's only a room with private pool available. When we moved to the room, we realized the pool wasn't clean. The room was old with the sliding wooden door (Room no 300*) between the bed and the bathroom shaking and almost could fall any time if moved. That night it rained and we woke up to insects and worms all around the pool. We asked for room change since we have a 1yo baby and insects are a definitely unsafe. We were told that they would check and get back but even 3hrs later nothing happened. We waited at the reception after breakfast for update but they just kept us waiting till we said we will check out immediately if there's no response.

It was daughter's birthday and that's how our day started. They said they would send house keeping for cleaning (house keeping is on call btw) and we made 4-5 calls but the woman arrived only at 1pm. Finally they moved us to another room saying that was the only room available that day. That room seemed to be cleaner and better than the one before but it didnt have a pool.

We spent the day out at the beach and after a tiring day returned to room and put baby to sleep and realized that was a "twin bed" and NOT a king bed. They spread a single king size sheet to cover it up. How the hell will someone with baby sleep on a twin bed? Called up reception and had to change the room again at 11:30pm! Wonder how this room suddenly got available which wasn't earlier. Anyway the new room now has a private pool but again not suitable for use.

The service is slow and pathetic. They keep your bags outside with noone attending them. There are buggies to transport you from lobby to room only! We and another couple of families with babies were at the restaurant when it was raining, and called for buggy but they refused and we had to walk up to the lobby in rain. Umbrellas were provided in every room but ours got stolen at the restaurant. The buggies don't even have a cover. So if rains, you get wet.

All in all.. the resort is good only for pictures but the experience was terrible. Unless you are willing to splash money and just plan to spend all day in the outer pool, this place is not for you. Families with babies/kids/allergies... stay away!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank NightFury9

Dear NightFury9,

Greetings from Hyatt Regency Phuket Resort,

We appreciate the feedback and observations of your experience during your recent stay at our resort. My sincere apologies that we were not able to deliver a truly memorable stay that you deserved.

On the first night, we do respect and understand your concern. We are sure if you have noticed that the property is located between the beautiful greeneries on different blocks on the mountain. The natural inhabitants is a common phenomenon due to it location. Perhaps the choice of location could have been thought earlier.

Although, we were running 95% occupancy, on the second day, we put all our effort by finding the best available rooms in both early morning and during the night to meet your expectation. Unfortunately, our ocean view rooms were fully booked so that we couldn't upgrade your standard room booking to the others category.

The hotel buggy pick up service is generally starts at the lobby due to the convenience of all guests. However, during rainy season, we try our best to accommodate the requests of all guest to provide a drop at the restaurant and lobby simultaneously.

Its unfortunate that you could not enjoy your vacation and we sincerely regret that.