“Really nice surprise”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kuala Besut
Samudra Beach Chalet
malaga
“Really nice surprise”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We came here by chance everything was booked on both Perehntian islands. we've really looooved the place! The chalet with sea view should be better called 'chalet on the beach'! So great.
Staff is really friendly also and the beach is so quiet (maybe the time of the year as we have been told that July and August get packed, like everywherelse...)
120 MYR per night, not cheap, but nice. Go to have dinner at the Be First Chalet, really nice BBQ fish!
Highly recommend the dive shop Urban Island Dive, ask for Kamil, the greatest dive master!!
Long beach (Tuna Bay resort, Watercolors, etc...) is not worthy at all!!! They don't have any beach, dirty, crowded with boats...not really nice.

Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cyjor1709

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Can this be a coincidence? Just some days ago I ate Spaghetti with Seafood at Samudra Beach Chalet on Perhentian Islands, Telok Dalam. And now I find some very negative words exactly about spaghetti at this place.
First I have to say: for the last of my 5 weeks, during which I had the chance to travel in South-East-Asia, I landed on Pulau Perhentian, to have some sun-beach-life at the end of my journey.
I loved this beautiful place: everybody seems to know each other here at the beach. Sand and water are like I have often dreamed of .... although swimming is not really possible at Telok Dalam, as you have to go out quite far to get into deep water. But there is a djungle trekking way, you meet monkeys oder lizards there, by which you get to the other beach, which, being like a neverending swimmingpool, is wonderful for swimming or jumping from a jetty! Snorkelling is also nice there, but I did not see much marine life anymore. By taking a boat you can get e.g. to shark point or turtle point etc - there I saw many of those coral fish, coloured and designed in ways the best artists could not imagine. I saw around 10 sharks during this week!!
The malay people take you to those places, and some of them are really nice, like friends. Especially at Samudra you have the feeling as you would be part of this big malay family: many children to talk and play with (I learn malay, they learn english :-). The other guests are mostly not complicated, as they also like this easy going place.

To drop some words about "my" Seafood-Spaghetti  The spaghetti were cooked "al dente", and the seafood was tremendous, it seemed to be very very fresh! Some shrimps , in a nice salmon-pink colour (as I call it  - just as shrimps have to be).
Also cut calamari and squid and other kinds of seafood. I liked the cut seafood, because especially squid in big peaces tastes boring and sticky to me.
With a nice spicey sauce those Seafood-Spaghetti tasted original homecooked to me in a positive way.
At the end of the day I would really eat this dish for dinner again - with a nice fresh salad of course, which I missed.
The other fresh cooked dishes there were also really o.k. and not expensive.
Only one wish: I would love to try some real malay cooked meal out of kitchen of this lady, who is cooking for her guests, as she maybe would cook for her family.
So I loved Perhentian Islands, and Telok Dalam seems to be my favourite place there until now. All my friends already now, and some already dream of getting there 

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank BarbaraMary28
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I have been travelling for 4 months out of a 6 month trip and thought we'd use the perhentian islands as a bit of break before we continue. This particular beach is stunning, very very quiet but ended up moving to coral bay. On the first day of arrival everything was great and even paid 3 days upfront we decided in the evening to order dinner from their restaurant this was a mistake as the next 3 days were hell, all because I had told them that the pasta wasn't cooked which it wasn't it was awful, neither of us has touched our meal but they wanted us to pay for it which I refused to I hadn't eaten it and it was cooked, they then wanted me to pay half all very agressive and ended with the owner who wouldn't talk to me directly telling us to never come back tothis restaurant as your not welcome. Later that evening I asked at reception for some hot water for which they refused and no member of staff wanted to talk to us or help us in anyway. We made the decision the following morning to leave and asked for two days worth of money back which again they refused, so we were stuck in a place we were made to feel unwelcome at and it seems like they only really want malaysians to be wrong in re restaurant and staying in their chalets. Would never go back and would highly recommend not staying here. Everyone is related along the Beach so if one family is rude to you then they all are.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Estateagent1985

Travellers are raving about these Kuala Besut hotels

brunei
Reviewed 2 April 2011

Initially we stayed at Paradise Beach Resort, we had been to Perhentian in 2001 and had stayed at Telok Dalam for 6 weeks, why we didn't return there this time is a mystery, but we made it there in the end - phew. Not that there was anything wrong with Paradise, the food at the restaurant was some of the best western food I have seen in Malaysia (but then we didn't come to Malaysia for pizza!). However we felt claustrophobic, like there was no where to go on a small beach with a lot of boats anchored on it (our children are 1, 5 and 6). So we walked across the island (a great walk incidentally) and ended up at Samudra. Very basic garden chalets, squat toilets, a elevated hose for a shower and electricity from around 6pm-8am, doesn't sound all that promising, but the chalets were rustic, kind of charming, the fan was fine, we live in brunei so we are quite acclimatised but it really wasn't too hot and the price was a princely 40rm, beach front with western toilets were 75rm.
The beach is a sweeping expanse, next door is an expensive, overpriced (as usual for divers) diver place, next door to that was another Malay run spot with a small bar. Then more beach and about 4 more resort type places. Anyway. Samudra was perfect for us, they adored our littlest one, they had their kids there so ours had some playmates, the food, again, nothing flash but good, and very cheap. 7.50 for chicken/prawn/fish etc and rice.
Overrall when we went to Perhentian we didn't want to stay with the germans and swedes (so many here!!! no offence, sorry) and wanted to stay with the malays, practicing the language and have a laid back holiday, which was exactly what happened. If you are into being 'served' then don't go there. If you want to start feeling a part of a family in malaysia, then head to samudra, we loved it. Many thanks to the whole family and i hope Lisa delivered her baby ok.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
15 Thank flickbrunei
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kuala Besut
Coral View Island Resort
Coral View Island Resort
#3 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resort
The Barat Perhentian Beach Resor...
#5 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Perhentian Island Resort
Perhentian Island Resort
#4 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar
Arwana Perhentian Eco Resort & Beach Chalet
Arwana Perhentian Eco Resort & B...
#7 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar

Been to Samudra Beach Chalet? Share your experiences!