“Best place in Costa Rica”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paquera
Bahia Rica Fishing and Kayak Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Paquera B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 November 2013

To stay here is a unike experience. Your lodging is in a treehouse, where the monkeys are sitting outside staring at you. You can take a bath with a view of the wildlife, and the rooms are superclean.

Vigdis and Thomas are the best hosts you can imagine. They made delicious food every day and offered a lot of different activities. I didnt really think I liked fishing, but I joined for a day of fishing and I was hooked!! I wanted to go fishing every day after that. Thomas really knows what he's doing, where to go and how to protect the wildlife. We went kayaking with Vigdis for a couple of days, it was great to go kayaking in the mangroves.

We stayed here for 16 days and we had a really great time. I will for sure come back here, and I will recommend everyone else to do the same!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Icedros, Owner at Bahia Rica Fishing and Kayak Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you so much for your review!
We are delighted that you love our place just as much as we do!

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I loved it here! Beautiful! Monkey's ate right in the trees by our room. The bay view was gorgeous. The hosts were super nice and made wonderful meals. They provide awesome tours. It was my most favorite stay of my Costa Rica trip. Thank you Vidgis & Thomas!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Neotrips
Icedros, Owner at Bahia Rica Fishing and Kayak Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2013

Thank you for your review!
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Bahia Rica!

Reviewed 22 July 2013

My son and I made a last minute decision to visit Bahia Rica Adventures after some other plans fell through, and are we ever glad we did! The bioluminescent algae during the evening kayak tour was incredible and even though we weren't there in the peak fishing season, Thomas put us on to some amazing fishing. He and Vigdis are world-class hosts, and we would love to be repeat guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TheRealSam

Thank you for your review!
The bio-luminescence is a truly memorable experience. We are glad you joined us for an evening kayak tour so that you got to experience it!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This lodge location is perfect for the start, end or any part of a trip. Thomas and viki are great hosts, fun to hang with and learn about life in this part of Costa Rica, good cooks and very flexible to our needs. The accomodation is clean, comfortable and almost has a tree house feel meaning it is open to the world and so beware of bugs and take spray (and use it!!) but if you do this then it is an amazing experience to wake to the Howler monkeys in the trees outside and step on to the balcony of your very own "tree house" and look at the islands, the jungle and sun rise.

The only down side is that it is difficult to find at night and so be sure to call Thomas before you leave the ferry port and they will give directions.

Overall great value and fun place

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review!
And you are very right: it is a bit hard to find us so we recommend everybody to contact us for detailed explanation on how to find the place - even in day light.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I had won a gift certificate for 2 for a free 3 day kayaking trip to Bahia Rica Kayaking and Fishing Lodge. Considering the age of my husband and myself I thought it might be a little bit too strenuous for us to manage. I got in touch with Thomas and asked if we could change it to a fishing trip instead; if not we would have to give the trip away to someone younger and more fit. Thomas was so accommodating and had no problem in changing the trip to suit our needs.

We invited another couple to go with us and we stayed February 12th and 13th of 2013. It really impressed me how clean the lodge (where we stayed) was. I felt totally comfortable there. It was hotter than what we are used too but I slept great!

The guys went on their fishing trip and only had praise for Thomas and his skills. They had a great time; so much so that my husband is planning a trip back there. He told me it was the best fishing trip he has been on since living here in Costa Rica. Vigdis cooked the fish for us that evening and it was delicious. (All the meals we had there were fantastic!)

This is definitely a 'must do' trip if you like fishing and/or kayaking. Thomas and Vigdis are the perfect hosts and it certainly shows that they love what their doing.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Myrna V

Thank you for writing this review. We really appreciate it!

We are glad it worked out for you with a fishing trip instead for the kayaking tour that you had won. We hope to see you back here again!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I came here with my husband, best friend, and her husband for three nights. We had already been to Arenal and Manuel Antonio, and wanted to stay somewhere quaint and cute. This place was PERFECT. Viki and Thomas were wonderful hosts and made delicious meals (home caught mahi mahi for dinner one night). Our accommodation was a charming "tree house" situated partially outdoor, with hammocks hanging all around. We saw the howler monkeys from our hammocks amongst many other animals which were so fun to observe. We decided to go on two excursions: the boat to Tortuga Island (with a snorkeling stop) and the nighttime kayak. Both were magical and VERY memorable experiences. ESPECIALLY the night kayak, where we got to see bio-luminescence light up the waters...it was like a scene out of Avatar (as corny as that sounds). If you're looking for a beautiful, laid-back, rustic, unique experience while surrounded by nature, this is definitely the place to come. We've already recommended it to all of our friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank luvbrasco

It was great having you with us here at Bahia Rica!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, it will help other travelers in finding us!

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This place is in the middle of nowhere, and that's what so wonderful about it, it is surrounded by dry forest and pure tranquility, apart from those amazing creatures, the Howler Monkeys, I could sit and listen to them all morning, this is your dawn chorus in Costa Rica, if you are luck enough to experience it, and at Bahia Rica, I would say you are guaranteed to hear the chorus if not see the show! This was our first sighting of the Howlers in Costa Rica, after so many people boasting of their sightings in various places we were convinced that they were trying to have a joke on us, but then we got the last laugh! The trees around here are alive with the sound of howling. The tree Hose where we stayed was so peaceful, we had hammocks and had it all to ourselves, our own private hideaway. Our hosts, Mr. Thomas as the local affectionately call him, and Vigdis could not have been more welcoming. Breakfast is great, home-cooked dinners very tasty. Then there is the local skunk who pops in to say hallo now and then, and no he doesn't leave a calling card, TG! Great place, great people, go there!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple