“Perfect family break in stunning surroundings”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
BurnsFami...
Isle of Lewis, United Kingdom
“Perfect family break in stunning surroundings”
Reviewed 13 December 2011 for a stay in December 2011

We stayed here after finding the cottage on Sykes Cottages. My main criteria was somewhere peaceful, dog friendly, baby friendly...and most of all, local to a good pub!

The village is hidden in Derbyshire..and driving through you get the feeling that you are isolated from the world. We found the cottage, and dived inside to escape the rain. Xmas decorations were up, and cake was waiting for us. The wood fire was stocked ready to light (a lovely touch), and it felt like home from home straight away.

All the bedrooms are lovely, my parents had the master room which was beautiful with exposed beams and fireplace. We had the 4 poster room, which gave plenty of room for our travel cot. The family & single rooms were also very comfortable and pretty.

Off we trundled to the pub to await the rest of our party. A proper old local boozer, with friendly folk and a roaring fire. The atmosphere was highlighted by chaps from another village bursting into the pub to entertain us with a "panto" about George and the Dragon, and the beer guzzling horse. At least I think thats what it was....blame Mr. j. Daniels....

Phyliss the owner of the cottage called into the pub to greet us..a lovely touch, and I doubt there is anything that would be too much trouble for her to make your stay pleasurable.

Dog walks a plenty, muddy boots a necessity. All in all..a wonderful memorable cottage for my Dads 60th birthday surprise get together.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The fireplaces & vicinity to the local pub
Liked least: The awkward lock on the back door....may have been user error...
Travelling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nottingham and Stockport
Reviewed 22 October 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
Stockport
Reviewed 18 August 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Liked best: Great size for family with 3 children
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists
Reviewed 18 December 2009 for a stay in November 2009

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Size & Cosiness!
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44

Your age range 55-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing