“Last minute change and great customer service”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mesa
Elkhorn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Mesa B&B and Inns
San Leandro, California
“Last minute change and great customer service”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I was scheduled to stay here during a recent multi-day motorcycle trip. However, due to extremely hot/humid weather I had to cut my day short the day I was to stay here. I called Debra and left her a message to let her know about the change; she immediately got in touch with me and suggested a more than amicable offer for the cancellation fee. WOW, what a nice change from most places that do not know about customer service. Hats off to Debra, she went above and beyond on this one, as I was more than willing to offer up the full cancellation fee. It is so nice to find someone who understands that sometimes circumstances get in the way and will bend the rules, so to speak. What a refreshing change!

When I get the chance to travel back this way, I will definitely give her my business. In the meantime, I will recommend this business to others. I just wish I had gotten the chance to actually stay here, if this is the customer service you get when you can't make it, I cannot even imagine how great it must be when you are there!

Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I was searching for the perfect 20th anniversary gift for my wife & myself when I stumbled into Debra at Elkhorn B&B.The 1st time I talked with Debra I knew I was atlking with someone that wanted her clients to have the dream stay.The bed in the Master suite was beyond compare.I have stayed in the owner suite on the Oceania Cruise ship from Tahiti to Bora Bora.I had masssages every day.Doesn`t hold a candle to Debra`s paradise outside Hell`s Canyon Idaho.My wife & I explored for 5 days and had something new to see everyday.From desending the Klienschmidt Grade into Hell`s Canyon to our Anniversary dinner at the Shores Lodge in McCall,the experience was a once in a life time.Than to have a massage of 50 minutes before bed,are you kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Wake up to a gourmet breakfast to die for!!!!!!!!!!!McCall rivals Lake Tahoe and I have been to Tahoe.Saw 2 bears in Hell`s Canyon and 1 on the way to Lost Valley Lake to have a lake picnic.Do yourself a favor and pick up the phone an just call Debra.You will know you are talking to the right person to spend you vacation with.

Thanks Debra,
Jean & Mike Dallas Texas

Room Tip: The Master upgrade has the softest bed,great view of sunset and great shower!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mike c
boise
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We were trying out a bike ride down the Weiser river trail -- which was a fantastic ride. Deb (our host) was gracious enough to help us with transporting our bikes to and from the trail. The rooms were cozy and clean, with very comfortable mattresses and sheets! Nice showers with good water pressure. Beautiful view of the mountains and surrounding country. The breakfast had the best pancakes I have ever had in my life!! The food was wonderful and plenty!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ddimick
boise valley, Id
Reviewed 20 March 2009

This is the way to camp in the mountains, everything at your doorstep and none of the negatives. A glass of wine on the deck watching the sunset over the historic apple orchards that once were or relaxing in the hot tub under a full moon. There is room to go for a walk or hunt for big game. In the winter there are deer and elk on the hill side and maybe a fox sneaking across the snow. This is a four season experience I hope you will enjoy as much as I have. Oh yes, the accommodations have nothing in common with camping. The log house with ranch style decorating will have you feeling like you are home.

• Stayed June 2007
Nampa, ID
Reviewed 19 March 2009

Debra is a gregarious, hard-working, self-sufficient woman who loves to cook and take care of her guests! The views from her home are spectacular. One can cross-country ski for miles, right from the back deck. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. The entire home is clean and well-decorated. We love her dogs who are Debra's constant companions. It is off the beaten-path which is good for a get-away. Close to two small towns. We've stayed there twice!

• Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IDquilter

Been to Elkhorn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!