We arrived by bus from San Jose in mid afternoon. The bus stops in Flamingo but the hotel sent a taxi down to collect us. That was our first experience of the dry gray dusty roads in Guanacaste. Check in was smooth, and a fruit cocktail drink presented after check in.
The room, in the grounds on the hotel had two double beds. It was big, clean, great bathroom, & in lush surroundings. The breakfast area had a view of the ocean its more of a wide bay with 2 islands on the near horizon.
The beach itself was a brown sand beach, used by locals and visitors alike.
It was peaceful and not crowded, but never empty no matter the time of day.
You could easily walk 30 minutes one way, or 30 minutes the other way early in mornings or after 3.30pm to avoid the intense direct sunlight and take in the views and sights all around. Don't underestimate the power of the tropical sun here if you're fair skinned.
There were small local restaurants along or just off the beach either side of the hotel.
But the hotel own dinner service at night was pretty good too.
The meals were cooked to perfection and the menu varied too.
However the breakfast menu was always the same & thus the choice quite limited if you don't eat eggs. But the waiters did their best to conjure up something different for me.
One thing I would say is the waiters were pretty good at their job (all the staff are) when asked they told you locally what's going on, what is where, what to avoid, where else to dine, they were good ambassadors for the local community, their advice was useful and accurate too.
We stayed 3 days, each day was charming, the guests were from Ireland, Europe, North America, Brazil and of course local Costa Ricans too, a nice mix. The small village of Protero was nice too, but walking along the dusty roads was an endurance. It is hot and dry here in this part of Costa Rica a world away from San Jose.
The photographs I have are all on film, but the ones already submitted are accurate and anything I could contribute would be scenic shots - not of the hotel itself or facilities.
Overall the hotel suited our particular needs and I'm glad we found it and stayed there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast. With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel Playa Potrero
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel Costa Rica/Playa Potrero, Guanacaste