We decided to get married in Costa Rica on a bit of a whim. Neither my husband nor I had ever been there, but the best time to go to Costa Rica is when it's very very cold in DC so it didn't seem like too much of a risk. We worked with a wedding planner in Costa Rica who suggested Bahia del Sol almost instantly.
We were slightly apprehensive about getting married at a place we had never seen, but we are so so so so so incredibly pleased we did. The location itself is amazing -- you're close enough to Tamarindo and have touristy options nearby, but can easily exist in this perfect, beach-front bubble without ever entering the outside world. The grounds are beautiful and completely unlike anything we've ever visited. Bahia del Sol is absolutely NOT trying to be an American resort in Costa Rica.
We had a small wedding, about 20 people in all, but also had a lot of (somewhat high-maintenance) ideas to make it still feel like a wedding rather than just a family vacation. We wanted to leave welcome gifts in the rooms for our guests, host a Superbowl party instead of a rehearsal dinner, buy gift certificates for some of our bridal party, have a private yoga session on the morning of the wedding, plan excursions and meals together, etc. The staff at Bahia -- Hector, Maik, Victoria, among many others -- made everything possible. They genuinely went out of their way to make sure we and our guests had a good time. It was by far the best customer service I've ever experienced in my life -- in any country. We went on to stay at several other places in Costa Rica and the service at Bahia outshone them all.
It hurts my heart in such a good way to think about how wonderful our experience was at Bahia del Sol. Can't recommend it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast. With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel Playa Potrero
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel Costa Rica/Playa Potrero, Guanacaste