We spent a wonderful week with our young children. If you plan to stay, you should know what to expect.
1. The beach is not the white sand of Tamarindo, but it is lovely and very quiet. Not a rowdy teenager or college student in sight. Our kids enjoyed playing with the local children who came down to the beach on the weekend. If you interested in exploring other local beaches, the hotel will arrange a guide to spend the day touring you around - Roger, our guide, was extremely friendly and knowledgable about the area.
2. This is not a large chain or a "luxury" hotel. There is no 24hr room service, chocolates on your pillows, or waiters ready to bring you your favourite champagne at your whim. But, if you like a smaller "family" feel, this is the right place for you. The rooms are not fabulously luxurious, but they are clean and entirely functional. They are commensurate with what you pay. If you are more interested in outdoor fun than how gorgeous your room is, this is the place for you.
3. The staff do not all speak English fabulously, but they are super friendly and lovely. The service at the restaurant is somewhat irritatingly slow, but the food is good and the staff are so sweet that you forget the service. If you bring your patience you will be treated to lovely meals. The view is spectacular and the staff will even set up a table right by the beach if you ask nicely. I wish the restaurant featured more local fare.
4. The resort is a bit remote. If you are more interested in tourist shopping that playing with your kids, this is not the place for you. If you are looking for a safe beach for your kids to play on without crowds, and tourist shopping isn't your thing, then this is perfect. There is a local shop a few minutes walk up the road where you can buy some local snacks, ice cream and beverages. And a local fruit stand just a few minutes walk in the opposite direction. If you like the idea of checking out some local shops, this is your spot.
5. If you wants lots of happening night life, plenty of bars to check out, stay in Tamarindo with the college students. If your focus is on a family vacation and you are frankly so exhausted from your busy life that the idea of a glass of wine in the hammock after the kids go to bed followed by bed-time yourself by 10 pm sounds perfect, this is your spot.
We would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast. With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel Playa Potrero
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel Costa Rica/Playa Potrero, Guanacaste