After much online research my fiance and I decided on Bahia del Sol as the location for our destination wedding. We, and 22 friends and family, were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at Bahia del Sol. After 14 hours of travel, we were greeted by personal shuttle (thanks to travel agent Susan with Latitudes), smiling friendly staff, cool towels and fresh fruit cocktails. The property is gorgeous and location is intimate. Perfect Costa Rican boutique hotel. The rooms are clean and comfortable (we took over 50% of the hotel so I was able to see most rooms...all are awesome and have AC). The complimentary breakfast is delicious, along with the regular lunch (order the chalupas) and dinner menu. The freedom to go from the ocean to the pool (with swim up bar) to relaxing in the lounge chairs makes for a perfect day and vacation. The only negative thing I can say was that the mosquitos were very much around. Bring lots of bug spray and reapply often (of course we were there during the rainy season, which might have bought them out more). But it's Costa Rica bugs are just part of the adventure.
Roxanna the wedding/event coordinator was a dream to work with. She made the stress of planning a wedding fun and easy. During pre-ceremony photos staff brought us cold water and towels. The ceremony and cocktail hour went seamlessly. Roxanna even arranged for the bar in the palapa to stay open late and allowed us to set up our personal ipods to their sound system. Anything we asked for they happily provided. Once we decided to have bloody marys by the pool, when the bartender ran out of tomato juice he attempted to puree REAL tomatoes...lol, didn't taste the best but the thought was greatly appreciated! In fact we all became good friends with the small staff and felt like part of the Bahia family. We were all sad to leave, but are excited to plan our Bahia reunion!
Things in the area: El Castillo (1 block away) has awesome inexpensive food and accommodated our large party 2x without any prior notice. There are 2 markets in town to buy water, snacks, etc. The pizza parlor (above market in 3 story building) is pretty good. But the BEST place is Mar Y Sol in Flamingo. We had out reception dinner there, and I can't even explain how perfect it was. A must if you are in the area (plus they will send a shuttle to pick you up at Bahia...most restaurants will in fact). One place to avoid is the Golden Shrimp (every tour guide/shuttle bus will tell you its the best) 2 people got sick from the Mahi special and most plates averaged over $25, plus it took 3.5 hrs for dinner. Our guests also raved about the ziplining tour, horseback riding, boat cruise, rafting and snorkel trip on catamaran (all easily booked at Bahia). Oh, and the swedish massage at the Bahia spa is a must. Some of our guests made multiple trips back to the spa throughout the week. Very affordable and professional. Such a treat.
I could go on and on about how perfect everything was. Bahia del Sol is a wonderful authentic intimate stop while traveling around Costa Rica. Whether you are looking for a destination for your Costa Rican wedding, or traveling with a group of friends/family I highly recommend Bahia del Sol.
Thanks all at Bahia for helping create such wonderful life-long memories for this important event in our lives!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast. With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel Playa Potrero
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel Costa Rica/Playa Potrero, Guanacaste