Recently, my daughter and her fiancée announced they wanted to have a destination wedding in Costa Rica. I was skeptical, but my daughter has always been very persuasive, and her fiancée is a very bright and organized fellow. They selected the Bahia Del Sol resort, a family-owned, small but 4-star, on the northern Pacific coast at Playa Potrero. When we arrived, we immediately fell in love with the charming atmosphere and layout, the manicured property, the pool bar, and the ocean about 50 paces from our door. The service was friendly and genuine – everybody in Costa Rica will be buried with smiles on their faces because they all enjoy the Pura Vida – and extremely attentive. We all knew each other’s names in just a couple of days. They really did make us feel welcome, like family.
Then came the wedding. The resident wedding planner, Roxana Arrieta, was incredibly sensitive to the couple’s wishes and extremely thorough in every detail. The ceremony, the reception, and the dinner after were so perfect that my eyes moisten up as I write this. It could not have been any more wonderful for my daughter and the party of guests. They not only made the ceremony so beautiful in such a beautiful setting, but they made it so easy that it flowed gently and naturally, as if we were gliding in a dance with the rhythm of the ocean. And the feeling continued after the wedding to the reception and dinner. It was all very relaxed but enthusiastic, which is good because we’re not all that big on formality and ritual. All our expectations were exceeded, and as the evening and the event progressed, every moment seemed like a fairy tale, filled with laughter and magic. The service from the staff was excellent, as if they were enjoying the event as much as the guests. As we wandered back to room after it all, I couldn’t stop saying “It was so perfect”. I couldn’t imagine being more happy for my daughter and her new husband.
Later we found out the staff had made a path of flower petals into the bridal suite for the couple, with their names spelled out in sand inside sand-outlined hearts on the floor of the suite, with the flowers from the ceremony placed throughout the room and on the spa on the suite’s porch. Incredibly touching. And this description only touches the surface of the staff’s attention to every detail.
Though last on the priority list, as a man of very modest means, I have to say that the cost of the event was exceptionally reasonable. At the Bahia Del Sol, you can afford the best. It was worth every “colón” and more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast. With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel Playa Potrero
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Boutique Hotel Costa Rica/Playa Potrero, Guanacaste