“Fantastic vacation”
other travellers have booked this property
Villa del Sol Beautiful Beaches with Crystal Clear Water
Villa del Sol
Beautiful Beaches with Crystal Clear Water
Manificent Sunsets
'Beautiful Poolside Shower'
Beautiful Sunsets are only the beginning...
Even SANTA knows where to vacation!
A Paddler's Paradise!
Black Volcanic Sand, talcum powder for your toes...
Breathtaking Flora!
Hip Beach-Side Fare...
Again with the Magnificent Sunsets!
The Beaches are Absolutely Pristine, and Private!
Amazing Nitelife!
Quaint Churches, Beautiful People...
Wow... Typical High Season Weather (Nov thru Apr)
Not a Soul Around... Frolick to Your Hearts' Content!
Miles and Miles and Miles of Beautiful, Private Beaches...
Cool Little Spots for Al Fresca Dining...
Another Shot of that Incredible Infinity Pool...
Here is our Living Room, complete with a fold-out couch and it's own AC unit.
Master Bedroom with AC and cable...
Guest Room or a place for the kids...
Another Angle Showing the Master Bedroom
Open concept, view of the living room from the kitchen...
Dining for 4, plus two more can sit at the bar!
Modern LED TV with cable TV, wireless internet, etc
Interior shot of the villa, from the dining room looking in...
Another shot of the kitchen... all the comforts of home!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SunNfun72
Regina, Canada
“Fantastic vacation”
Reviewed 3 June 2018 for a stay in January 2018

My wife and I stayed at Villa del Sol with another couple to celebrate our five year anniversary and had a spectacular time. It starts with the responsiveness of Special Places of Costa Rica to all questions and then the thorough welcome guide that gives advice on places to eat and things to do, which was a nice touch.

We spent most mornings walking the beach and then heading back to the villa to quick shower and head out for a bite to eat. There really isn't a need for a car but we rented one for a few days to take a couple trips to Las Catalinas, Playa Conchal and other nearby beaches for a little different flavor. All the beaches were beautiful! During the week it was like we had our own private beaches -- so much fun for body surfing or just chillin with our favorite beverages.

We use Phem the concierge to book a great catamaran trip on the Lazy Lizard and also took a day trip to Nicaragua which was interesting for us.

Villa del Sol is 500m from the beach and well within walking distance to Playa Potrero and Playa Prieta. The nearby local restaurants were great and there is also a nice variety of places to watch the sunset. The villa itself is very comfortable, tastefully decorated and has been professionally updated with all the modern conveniences. I loved the never ending hot water shower! The pool is just magnificent and the perfect way to relax under a palapa while streaming music from the villa. So awesome to be able lounge at the pool and stay in touch with friends on Facebook -- making them all jealous!!

I highly recommend staying here at Villa del Sol. We will definitely be back.

Your age range 35-49
3 Jun 2018
So glad to here you had a great time staying with us! Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you back again in the future!
A TripAdvisor Member
“Condo is very efficient and grounds were beautiful”
Reviewed 5 March 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Very close to many of the nicer beaches in the area and the restaurants were excellent. Everyone was kind and couldn't do enough to be helpful. We love Costa Rica and plan to return.

9 Mar 2018
Thank you for your kind words Gloria. You are welcome to return anytime!
Reviewed 4 September 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
5 Sep 2016
Thanks for the review Aubrey. I am so sorry that your experience with the property management did not meet your expectations. I agree that it is reasonable to expect them to be more attentive. After all, they are in the business of ensuring a wonderful holiday experience. I am really surprised by this as they have been very good in the past. Even so, I assure you that I will speak with them and pass along your comments.

As far as the roof leak is concermed, I am puzzled about this because I had the roof fixed last year and it didn't leak for me in April so I thought it was all good. I'm so sorry for your inconvenience. I will get that looked after as well. Im actually headong down there now and im on yhe plane as I wrote this. I'll be renovating the bathroom with an updated USA style shower and hot water system. The issue with the shower head failing will never happen again.

We have excellent WiFi and the best AC money can buy. Our guests are always very comfortable with the amenities we offer, including that WONDERFUL pool that is just steps from the front door.

Should you be interested in staying with us again, I would be happy to offer you a discounted rate for your next stay.

Costa Rica is absolutely beautiful and I would want your next stay to be as enjoyable as possible.
Lisa M
Glendale, California
“Disappointed, just the A/C, pool and WiFi were awesome.”
Reviewed 31 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Not at all what we expected. The shower was filthy, and there was a dirty mop left in the bathroom. The bathroom sink was at a rediculous height to accommodate the washing machine. Towels were so bad I bought and left new ones. No silverware to be found - and we looked - so we bought plastic forks and spoons. The twin mattresses (only) were on slabs of concrete. The location is too far from beaches. Wish we had stayed at a hotel.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
4 Aug 2016
Hi Lisa, I am so sorry that you were not happy with the Villa. The silverware is in the cabinet under the water dispenser. New towels were bought just weeks before you arrived so they must have been taken by the previous guest. I have no idea why they were not replaced by the manager but I will check into it for you. I'm so sorry about the state of the shower. Perhaps you got there before the maids had done their job. I don't know what you mean about slabs of concrete because all the mattresses including the queen bed are on proper wooden slat type supports.

Oh no... I just feel awful that your stay wasn't more pleasurable for you. I wish I would have know of the issue when you checked in because I would have instructed the property managers to attend to you immediately. I am happy that you enjoyed the wonderful pool and air conditioners.

I will be renovating the bathroom this year to install a new shower and also to make the sink a little easier to use for shorter visitors.

Thank you for your review. Take care.
lovethesu...
Vernon, Canada
“Great Place”
Reviewed 16 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

What makes it...the grounds, pool (big ), security is great, and the villa has wi fi , tv, a/c, really all you need for a great vacation.

Liked best: Pool and beaches
Liked least: Food is as pricey as canada.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
17 Feb 2016
Thank-you for your review. We appreciate you referring this villa to your friends who have also booked with us. You now qualify for a special loyalty discount on your next stay with us!
Happy T
Edmonton, Canada
“Living in Paradise with all the comforts of home”
Reviewed 4 February 2016 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

This was my very first (but not last) trip to Costa Rica! I have to admit that I am a bit of a hotel "snob". Staying at the right place is such an important part of my vacation experience and we were certainly not disappointed with the Villa del Sol. It was a perfect "home-base" for our daily excursions to the local beaches, nearby towns, zip-lines and all the beauty that Costa Rica has to offer. The Villa is located just steps away from the pool and hot tub and I especially loved the hammock on the front porch. Although the temperature outside was super hot, the air-conditioners worked great and provided welcome relief. The high-speed wireless was perfect for keeping in touch with family via Skype. The managers were very attentive and so helpful whenever we needed anything at all. I intend on coming back to Costa Rica and I will definitely be booking at Villa del Sol when I do.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The owner's proactive, helpful approach to our questions
Liked least: I can't say there was one thing I didn't like
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
17 Feb 2016
Thanks very much for the kind words about your stay with us. We will be happy to have you back!
J0eled0n
Nanaimo, Canada
“Paradise”
Reviewed 30 October 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

This was my first trip to Costa Rica so was very excited. I was not disappointed. The villa is a beautiful two bedroom house with all the amenities to make you feel at home. Air conditioning, full kitchen and comfortable beds. There is a well maintained swimming pool steps from the front door. Marco Polo Restaurant (very good food and service) right across the road. The villa is in a gated community with 24 security. Beautiful Playa Potrero is a short walk from the villa. The staff of Special Places were very friendly and helpful. They arranged our car rentals and had information and help when ever needed. The owner of the property goes out of his way to help you get the most from your vacation. It really was the dream vacation and I would not stay anywhere else in Potrero. Customer for life.

Liked least: leaving
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
30 Oct 2015
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay Joel... You are welcome anytime! Pura Vida!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing