I booked this hotel for one night at the end of our bali trip thinking we would spend up a bit more for our last night. I was pretty disappointed with our stay especially in contrast to the great reviews I'd read. The room smelt musty and damp, it was dark and the beds were very uncomfortable. There were stains on the sheets when we arrived, the staff kindly changed them for us but the second set were also stained. There were minimal amenities/extras provided in the bathrooms and the breakfast was simple but not much more. If you were just here to surf and sleep I would say this hotel is fine however we didnt get anything like what we felt we were paying for. Other hotels in Bali for a third of the price had superior service, facilities and comfort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Puri Uluwatu Villas was built by surfers for surfers and their families. Large rooms offer more space than those of budget as well as luxury hotels and villas on the island. We run our resort on a family rather than formal principle of guest service. We aim to make our guests feel like they are a part of the magic of Bali rather than just a tourist on holiday. Puri Uluwatu Villas was founded in 1997 as one of the first accommodations in the Uluwatu area providing full services and air conditioned rooms. Our location on the cliff above the famous surfing beach of Uluwatu is arguably the best location in the Uluwatu area. What you will notice in each room is that all materials are traditional, while the high ceilings and large open spaces is truly a fusion of modern luxury and true Balinese style. We have a total of 10 rooms. We are not a large chain hotel and provide family style service, if you are looking for a standard tourist hotel then maybe Puri Uluwatu Villas is not for you. We have a private staircase that descends to the beach and sea cave below. This eliminates driving parking etc. When guests just want to take a quick swim or see the sunset from white sand beach below. For surfers the ability to go from the bed to the waves in less than five minutes has often been described as priceless. Puri Uluwatu Villas is a safe place for children or people traveling alone. As of this writing there has never been one single incidence of theft at our resort. All of our staff members are part of the local community and most are related to each other. We try our best to make guests feel at home as well as to show them a bit of Balinese Culture that they won't see on a tour or in a large hotel. We are located close to: Blue Point Bay Villas Mamo Hotel Single Fin Bar and Restaurant Moonlight Villas The Istana Uluwatu Surf Villas Sandat Mas Cottages Anantara Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Expedia so you can book your Puri Uluwatu Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Uluwatu Villas Hotel Uluwatu
- Puri Uluwatu Villas Bali/Pecatu