“So good we go back for more”

Padang Padang Surf Camp
England
“So good we go back for more”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was our second time back at Padang Padang Surf School and again, we had a great time. I felt compelled to write another review as it is great to see the standards are still very high and the professionalism has maintained. When we first stayed at the camp we were brand new surfers, so it was great to return with a bit more experience and still feel we were getting excellent value with going out with a camp rather than just going on our own.

It makes such a difference heading out with a surf camp as the guides are very knowledgeable about the conditions for the day and where is best to go for the different abilities. This is reassuring as you know you are going to have a great day surfing in waves that are appropriate for you. We also really enjoy meeting like-minded people and it was great to see that we knew someone from a few years ago who we originally met there. Upon talking with other guests, it seemed that many were repeat customers. This is a great compliment for the camp.

The same guides we enjoyed surfing with last time are still there, this isn’t a surprise as they are very helpful and look after the guests really well. It is great to see them making sure everyone is getting waves and having a good time. There are many breaks of the Bukit, some less known, this is an awesome experience as the camp will try and take you to the quiet breaks if conditions are right!

The yumminess of the food hasn’t slipped, if anything it has got better. The meals are perfect for what you want during your surf day, fresh and plentiful. There is even more of a selection of restaurants very close to the camp which makes grabbing dinner really really easy.

If you are heading to Bali or want to surf then head to this camp for an experience you won’t forget.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Port Hedland, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had a week here mid March. The atmosphere is very cool. The camp was small enough that all the guests knew everyone else by first name, at the same time if you wanted some alone time the accommodation allowed you to imagine you were the only visitors. The guides assessed my competency pretty quick & as an intermediate surfer I was surfing fun to challenging waves every day. Hosts Ina, & Andrew made us feel like part of their extended family - thankyou ! My non surfing wife accompanied us on a couple of surf sessions, but when she didn't the relaxing time she had around the pool was bliss. If you are serious about surfing in Bali these guys will put you on waves when others are still recovering from a big night out. I surfed a few breaks at early morning & there was only 3 of us sharing quality consistent waves. I really appreciated the tuition I received from the excellent guides, Monot & Made. I didn't get to surf with the other guides but from all accounts they made other guests feel confident and got them standing up & surfing. I was impressed by their emphasis on safety .....& fun!
Water coolers in each room is perfect. Our bed was soooo comfy. The meals were freshly prepared, tasty & filling. Fresh fruit salad Yummmmmmm
Massage & beauty therapy on call was good quality & excellent value.
Booking was easy & great communication.
We are going back & next time my wife wants a surfing lesson from Koyok!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AndrewMichelle2014
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Very nice little place on the Bukit peninsula. Confortable beds, excellent for relaxing after a surf with yoga and massage available. Hammocks and a pool and tennis court too! The staff were really friendly and looked after us. The beaches are fantastic and there was agood selection of surfboards. I really enjoyed my stay and would be happy to go back as a solo surfer, as a couple or as a group of friends. If you're looking for a chilled out surf camp in Bali then I wouldn't even bother looking anywhere else unless this place is full.

Thanks for a great time guys!

Room Tip: Fans and aircon rooms available. Rooms have mosquito nets too so windows can be openned on a night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 March 2014

A great spot. The staff and owners were all very friendly and I definitely plan to go back.
As everyone else has mentioned: great guides/instructors, good food, great surroundings and an ideal place to meet other surfers of all standards.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Reason for coming to Bali was to surf and this place was perfect. Accommodation, location and staff were excellent. The grounds feel like an expensive hotel. The pool area is awesome. The staff were friendly and had a lot of fun with them. Breakfast and lunch was hotel quality food. I didn't do the surf lessons but the instructors gave me good advice and a few hints and tips. I met some other surfers who were all at different levels of ability. It's a really good atmosphere in the camp. The photo review also helps as seeing yourself on the board is great for development. The surf breaks were well chosen (and there's a lot to choose from nearby). I would definitely recommend this surf camp, so much so that I'm returning in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed March 2014
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

I spent 5 days with this crew and as a complete beginner I was nervous to start a surf camp, but thankfully, it couldn't have gone better. The meat of it, the surfing, was awesome. I felt like each guide actually gave a schiza (can't use profanity in a review gdamnit) if I did well. They continually gave me confidence and put me in the right spot. If you come with a good attitude and prepare to learn something new, then you will learn quickly. Surfing is hard though, so if your attitude sucks then you will suck and you will probably try to blame this camp, but it's not the camp. They do an awesome job, so show up, smile a lot even when it's difficult, and you will have an amazing experience. The folks that run it honestly care to see you excel and that is felt with every guide and every review.

Surfing aside, the facilities are 5-star. The grounds are gorgeous and the food is as good as anywhere in SE Asia (where I have traveled a lot). Each meal was well rounded and did not leave me wanting.

I enjoyed my time there so much that I've rearranged my trip to come back for a month. I am a tough sell too, so all in all they did a great job and I applaud them.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I've surfed Southern California and part of Oahu, but Bali is my favorite hands down. Very comfortable and safe camp grounds where it's easy to arrange for anything from a taxi or scooter rental to a yoga class or massage. I met people from Germany, England, Australia, and the US...but what stands out is the quality of the surf and the instructors. These guys aren't just amazing surfers but some of the nicest human beings I've ever met. I typically ride 2-3 foot easy waves back home but here was catching waist to shoulder high waves and I improved a lot. The instructor to student ratio is 1:2 so I always felt safe even with the reef underneath. Andrew gives a great intro to surfing talk that addresses many of the surfing questions I was struggling with. The photo review really opened my eyes to te difference between what I think I'm doing and what is happening in actuality.

I was worried that coming in the wet season might be a problem but actually the conditions were great. If the west side has unfavorable winds then they drive you to breaks further away at Nusa Dua or Canguu. There are so many breaks to try I wish I could stay longer. Come and you'll enjoy yourself while improving you're skills.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank wenyenming
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Suarga Padang Padang
#21 of 63 in Pecatu
Sal Secret Spot
Sal Secret Spot
#6 of 8 in Uluwatu

Been to Padang Padang Surf Camp? Share your experiences!