“Average service, rooms, food”
Review of New Kuta Hotel

New Kuta Hotel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Pecatu
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Average service, rooms, food”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Overall the hotel is strategically located in front of hindian ocean (new kuta beach). The swimming pool is large size with small pool for children. The spa is in the small hut. The environment is still green so we can breathe fresh air. We can walk to new kuta beach. We can also walk to klapa beach club, but it's quite far. The hotel provides shuttle to klapa, new kuta golf, new kuta greenpark any time. We can get free entrance to all of them if we stayed at new kuta hotel.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sylvia T
GM L, General Manager at New Kuta Hotel, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Sylvia T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences at our hotel. It is great to hear you enjoyed our natural environment, away from the crowded areas of our island. Likewise we appreciate your mentioning the added value of free entrance and transport to other attractions in our area and the closeness of the beach. Thanks again for reviewing us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Makesure you check the bathroom door before you actually use it, specially if you stay in room 2304. I was trap in the bathroom for an hour and still waiting for the manager to come and appologise. Luckily it was not our two year old son that trap in the bathroom. Dissapointing with this hotel...more like a youth hostel than a four star hotel..

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mohamad Z
GM L, General Manager at New Kuta Hotel, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Mohamad Z,

I am very sorry to hear about your ordeal with the malfunctioning door lock, please accept my sincere apologies. I also regret I was not talk to you in person as I have been travelling and I was not at the hotel at the time. Of course we have replaced the lock and checked all door locks to make sure this cannot happen again, but I understand this does not offer you much solace at this point. Rest assured that we will make this right by you and your family if you would decide to give us another chance and stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance for your next holiday. Again my sincere apologies and thank you very much for sharing your feedback, it allows us to improve our products and facilities. I sincerely hope you will give us a chance to make amends for your unfortunate experience.

Travellers are raving about these Pecatu hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 20 November 2013

the hotel was really nice along with the services, i can say that the best thing about the hotel is the overview of the beach and also you can see the sun set from the hotel as well beach is just 5min walk from the hotel, the swimming pool is great as well, room is clean and really nice and if you want a go to other beaches and places the hotel offers a free shuttle going to those places and they also has taxi service also but that one is not free, the buffet breakfast is great as well the only thing is that i wish they have a lot more selection for the food.overall it was really a great experience

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Jojie M
Dear Jojie M,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, it is great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Indeed the fabulous Uluwatu sunset is a wonderful piece of Bali magic to be experienced from your balcony, and it make us all happy to read you had a great time enjoying our facilities and our surroundings. Your point on the food selection is well taken and I hope we can welcome you back on your next stay in Bali and show you the improvements we have made. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and until next time!
Bali
Reviewed 7 November 2013

this hotel is ok for its price and mostly clean. a huge building certainly not making bali any nicer but there we go.
as experienced tonight, it is fair to say that the kitchen does its job - the quality of food is good. however, the service is absolutely terrible, thus not acceptable. let's have a look at below experienced at tonight's dinner:

-dinner for 3 people, however, we had to ask for the silverwear to be served to the third person
-i was going to order the daily soup. when asking what the daily soup is, the waiter didn't know and had to check. he then told me it is a pumpkin soup, which i then ordered.
eventually i was given a soup with pumpkin and tuna, the latter i unfortunately just don't like.
-when taking away our plates/silverwear, the waiter dropped pretty much everything except the plate
-no one ever asked us if the dinner was good, neither were we offered a dessert card. eventually i asked for the menu card again and ordererd some ice cream, however, my friend eating next to me was completely forgotten. no waiter even had the thought of offering him dessert as well. how can this happen?
-still no words about how dinner/dessert was, yet we always had to ask for a waiter to come - even for the not inexpenssive bill that we had to sign with a broken pen. no thank you, no good bye from the staff, no nothing.
-the waiters are unfortunately not trained at all, neither seem they be interested in doing a good job.
short: TERRIBLE experience! we were looking to stay for a week here, now we will check out after two days.

good night

Dear Mike R,

I want to first of all offer my sincere apologies for your bad experience in our restaurant. I can very well understand this took the joy out of your stay. I have investigated what happened on that night and found that the persons serving you were casual workers hired for the day to help at a big buffet party we had going on that night. There is no excuse for the fact that they were in our restaurant and you had the misfortune they served you. Needless to say these people are taken off our list of extras.
Please rest assured this has been addressed in the most serious way with the people responsible, and our new F&B Manager has taken steps to ensure this will never occur again.
I am very sorry for this incident and I would love to discuss it more with you in person. As you live in Bali perhaps you could let me know how I can get in touch with you, I would be most happy to come and see you. Again please accept my sincere apologies as well as my thanks for giving us feedback, so we can ensure this kind of incident will not happen again. I hope you will get in touch and give us a chance to let you experience the service standards offered by our regular team members are of a whole different level.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Everyone mentioned about Dreamland being the main attraction nearby, but seems that no one actually realized that this hotel provides their guests free pass to KLAPA, the beach club sitting atop of the cliff of the Dreamland beach. It's completely free, and it's much humane way to reach the beach, via the entrance of the club and climbing down the ladder, rather than the public way which is often--if not always--full of litters.

I think it's a nice value added, aside of the Kuta-bound shuttle.

If you're staying here, you better have your own transport, or have your itinerary packed, because this place is quite secluded.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear applecart3355,

Thank you very much for reviewing us here; it gives us great joy to hear you enjoyed the free access to Klapa Beach Club for guests staying with us. I agree it is the best way to enjoy Dreamland Beach to the fullest, and your comments about the litter on the public road are well noted. We are in fact setting up a community project to address the litter issues in our area, and we are confident we can make progress by involving all operators in our area.
Thank you again for choosing our hotel and I hope we can welcome you back in the very near future!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Currently only 2 hotels to choose from in this exclusive hotel loop, but lots of building going on...Balinese LOVE to build! There is a lot of cleared land around waiting to be developed - or maybe begun and stopped for some reason. Seems to be the place for golfers and surfers alike.
In Uluwatu for a friend's wedding, spent 3 days in Pecatu then headed back into Legian. Tried to explore the area more as we were told of some seriously great beaches and attractions very nearby (talk to the locals), but time prohibited. Pretty much need transport to go anywhere from the New Kuta Hotel, so allow for that in the budget. Do yourself a favour and head down to Dream Land beach (10 min walk) - it is absolutely breathtaking! Hotel was quiet during our stay and very few westerners. Breakfast at the hotel was very lovely, catering to all tastes and the staff were super friendly. Our 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom family suite was big and spacious, and although set up with kitchenette for self-sufficiency, there was no gas hooked up, nor any cutlery or crockery. Halls were a bit noisy with hotel music early morning and late night. Swimming pool was not very clean - wouldn't put my head under. Be aware hotel shuttle to Kuta Discovery Centre won't take baggage. Hotel staff were always very courteous and accommodating. Thank you to Hadi and Sardika for lovely smiles and great service while we were there and to the hotel engineer that helped us unlock our room safe when we forgot the combo!

Room Tip: Non smoking, balcony room with sea view should get you something special.
Dear Clare M,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience staying with us. It is great to hear you enjoyed our hotel and facilities, as well as the beautiful surroundings. Thank you again for your positive comments on our breakfast, and please rest assured Hadi and Sardika received the credit they deserve for your special mention of them. I will also mention to our Front Office Team they should have asked you upon check-in if you wanted us to open the gas in your kitchenette and bring the plates and cutlery!
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our little corner of paradise!
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Beautiful landscape and love the swimpool area! There are some gazebos surrounding the pool, a perfect spot to chill out in the evening after a long day trip. Informed by the GM that soon they are going to have traditional pizza ovens to serve guests by the pool side – cool! Speaking about food, definitely recommend the crispy duck served at the restaurant, Kayu Manis. It’s sooo crispy that you can even eat the whole crunchy wing bones. I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet, great variety – and most importantly there’s egg station too! Love my egg cooked fresh for breakfast :)
The first 2 night I stayed in Junior Suite, spacious room with separate living room & bedroom – perfect for me, coz I was there for business trip and needed some area to do my works. WIFI connection was running at a good speed during my whole entire stay, just what I needed. There’s balcony in both bedroom & living room with sliding glass door, allowing fresh air & natural daylight to the room plus a full sight of the beautiful garden and pool, you can even see a part of the sea from afar. On my last night at the property, I moved to the Club Suite and wow… it was just like staying at a villa but at a better price :) there’s a separate bedroom, huge living room + dining & kitchenette and the bathroom comes with separate tub and shower and there’s an access to a private garden with gazebo (end up had my breakfast here on last day) & an outdoor Jacuzzi tub!
Very friendly staff, from front desk to restaurant to Housekeeping to drivers. Glad that I took advice from the waitress at Kayu Manis for the crispy duck. She also recommended the Bali Rice Plate. The housekeeping was really helpful and got my pressing ready on time - really appreciate that.
Overall, this hotel is value for money and ooo by the way, if you are a golfer, this will be a perfect gateaway for you coz the New Kuta Golf Course is just next door…

Room Tip: Go for the Club Suite!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Inca T,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences of your stay with us. The whole team is very proud to hear you enjoyed our facilities and your positive comments on our team members’ friendliness and service attitude. Your kind comments are a great motivator to us all to do even better and hearing you found good value for money with us means we are going in the right direction.
I am glad to hear you appreciate the free WiFi and the timely pressing service, and I can concur the private garden with Jacuzzi is a great place to enjoy breakfast! I will also make sure to pass your compliments on the breakfast choice and the Crispy Duck to our Chef, and I hope we can welcome you back very soon to try our new pizzeria by the pool, which is now open!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Le Grande Bali
Sal Secret Spot
Sal Secret Spot
#5 of 7 in Uluwatu
Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort

Been to New Kuta Hotel? Share your experiences!