“A great combination for Business and Leisure”
Review of New Kuta Hotel

New Kuta Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Pecatu
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business reason. A bit worry since Pecatu area is a Newly "booming" area in Bali which is quite far from the city center. Have you ever heard of Pecatu Graha? there where it is located. No convenience store nearby, no public transport except taxi which you have to ordered, and kind of isolated. Not bad actually, since i like staying in a quite area. Let's start with the review... First, the airport pickup. I give 9 out of 10 if i may. Though the car is to big just for myself and a driver. On the way to the hotel, the driver already inform me that there are no convenience stores nearby the area, therefore he asked me whether i need stop by to one supermarket in the area and i said yes. Of we go to the supermarket. Then when i done with the "little" shopping, we off to the hotel. From the airport to the supermarket takes around 25 minutes drive and from the supermarket to the area took another 20 minutes or so. We enter the gate of the area, which i like to call the second Nusa Dua. from the gate takes around 15 minutes to the hotel. Not much property yet, but you can tell that it will be a luxury area soon.
I got off the car at the foyer and go straight to the reception. Open lobby is a great concept considered that this area is quite hot. Greeted by the reception but not by name (i think i was the only guest who had an airport pickup at that time). After i did the check in procedure (took around 5 minutes), i am heading to the room. It's quite a long way to the room, takes 1 floor down to the end of the building. Luckily a bellman escorted me all the way while he assisted me with my luggage. A bit chit chat along the way. Finally, reach my room. Open the door and mmmm, the room is not bad. Big enough just for myself. Checked the room facilities, coffee and tea are there, no minibar (just empty fridge, lucky i bought something to fill it up), no safety box, no power plug next to the bed, bed side board is not properly placed, no TV channel list, no umbrella in the room. Balcony is quite nice, with a partial pool view, garden, view, golf course view and off course your neighbor (someone can easily jump over to their neighbor balcony). Bathroom, clean. Although small but it's alright. Took some rest for a while until around dinner time then i'm off to the pool area where there are nice restaurant there. Too bad there are lots of people swimming and screaming over the pool area which was not comfortable. However, the food taste are good. After dinner, i am off to the room to get some sleep. But around 11:00 i can hear kids screaming again in the pool while they are swimming. Really annoying. Finally, i can have my sleep around 2 am.
Woke up the next morning around 07:00 took a shower (great rain shower with hot and cold running water). Off to the breakfast and waalla... crowded as hell. Around 14:00 i am back to my room after relaxing in the lobby area, what is surprising me was that my room has not been made up. However, a few minutes after that, a housekeeping staff ask my permissions to clean my room. It takes around 15 minutes or so to clean my room.
At 19:00 i am off for a business dinner and back to the hotel around midnight and go straight to bed.
Same thing happened the next morning, and the next morning after.
However, despite the uncomfortable of the other guests, i really enjoyed the property. Most probably will be staying here again.

Room Tip: asked for a higher floor, not an end room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tromeo_78

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We choose to stayed here for 2 days and booked Junior Suite for our honeymoon. The booking process was easy, the staffs was very responsive answering our email. I choose the Junior suite because it has mini kitchen in the room.

We arrived around 7pm and had late check in. The hotel location is quite far and isolated, but not a problem to us. The reception said that they had prepared our room on 4th floor but the room didn't have mini kitchen, but it had a spectacular view (dreamland beach). And they also offer us the other junior suite room on 2nd floor with kitchen. Then we looked both rooms and choose the 2nd floor with kitchen (room 1414). I was disappointed, why they didn't call and confirm before our arrival, we were really tired and didn't expected still choosing which room we should have.

The room was spacious, but not maintained well. The floor was dusty, we ask the staffs to clean up our floor later in the morning. And another complaint, water in bathroom was unclean like rusty stained. Mechanics come and check the water, and said we should keep the tap opened so the water will get clear eventually.

the breakfast was so-so, not much choices. We also went to Dreamland beach, just 10 minutes walking from hotel but they also provide shuttle bus by confirmation. The swimming pool is great.

This hotel have a great potential, the view was so good, but they didn't maintain the equipment well. I think you should renew and update your room interior. The TV, bed, bathroom are looked old and makes us not comfortable with all the facilities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pretty S
Reviewed 6 May 2014

i leave here during my office gathering. i really enjoyed living here, so bad i only have 1 day there. breakfast is really good, staff is warm and friendly. the rooms are clean and smells good.

Recomended..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
GM L, General Manager at New Kuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Luluana S.,

Thank you very much for recommending us and for taking the time to write this review. Your comments on our friendly staff make us all very proud, and I have shared your great opinion on our breakfast with the F&B Team! We are truly delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope we can welcome you back on your next trip to Bali!!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

they made a mistake with our reservations but they upgrade us to a better room the next morning, drinks are really good next to the pool, staff is friendly, food in the restaurant is amazing the breakfast is the best.

the rooms are very clean very nice. we enjoy it the bad part is that is far from the Kuta like 1 hr a way but thats ok.

Room Tip: any room is nice
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GM L, General Manager at New Kuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Maxrmit,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us and fro your kind comments. My sincere apologies for the mistake with your booking but I am happy to see that it was sorted out quickly. I will definitely pass on your compliments to our Food and Beverage Team; it makes us proud to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is indeed quite a bit to the south of Kuta Beach, which gives our Uluwatu area the tranquility found here and the free shuttle to Kuta and Nusa Dua gives you access to the busy part of Bali if you want to go there.
Great to hear you liked your room and the services of our housekeeping team. Thank you very much again for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back on your next stay in Bali!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Breakfast are great! Rooms are very good! And the service are great too!
The only thing is the location, kind of located in a very dark area at night time. Looks not so safe for the ladies. For me, I would rather like to take taxi to get down town area instead of going by walk.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Mine1962
GM L, General Manager at New Kuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Dear Mine1962,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us! We sincerely appreciate your positive comments on our breakfast and service levels, and we are happy you enjoyed your room. As you mention our Pecatu area is indeed a quiet area so the best is to ask our team to call a taxi to go downtown when it is getting late. Thank you again for your nice comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I had a very poor experience at the New Kuta Hotel and would discourage anyone from staying there as there are a number of beautiful and reputable resorts in Bali.

I arrived at my room with a brand new I-phone 4S. Upon my arrival I left the room for 4 hours and in that period of time my new phone was STOLEN from the room. During this time the cleaning crew had attended the room so i naturally assumed they were responsible for the theft.

The manager responded to my query by stating that he would "check the tape" of the hallway activity. He stated that the "boys" did not take my phone referring to the cleaning crew. I informed the police and again had a poor experience with the lack of English speaking policemen.

I was later approached by another manager with a cleaning crew member and stated that since we are the same religion he could not take my phone. This statement was ludicrous as was the response to the theft of my phone.

The New Kuta resort is a poorly managed, poorly secured hotel whose staff stole an expensive cellular phone from my room. They are responsible for this theft and should be held financially accountable. I am disgusted with, not only their staff and management but their response to my event and total disregard for customer service. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone for they value their cleaning crew more than their guests which is very insulting.

Room Tip: never leave anything valuable in your room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank n p
GM L, General Manager at New Kuta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear np,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and I am very happy you mentioned we checked our CC TV camera recordings and subsequently searched both our housekeeping team members that worked in your corridor and did a search of their lockers. And as you mentioned we then called the police to investigate further, and the outcome was that no stolen items were found. When you first mentioned to our Front Desk that you lost your mobile, you said it was lost by the pool. After our search there turned up nothing you mentioned it was maybe lost in the public toilets. Again we could not find anything. And when you than said it must have been stolen from your room we investigated all we could. I am very sorry you could not find your phone back but I can only assume you must have misplaced it somewhere. And I want to add that in my time here we have never had a theft case, as you mentioned this is totally contrary to Balinese beliefs and customs. I sincerely hope this sheds some more light on our customer service standards.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I think this is not the place for relaxation. The doors are always slamming VERY loud through the hallway. We had a big group of tourists and the management was not able to talk to these people to stop them shouting through the hallway. i had to talk to them myself, sometimes at 3 and 7 am. and than there was construction work right in front of the hotel. every morning we woke up with a kind of jackhammer and construction noise.
the management MUST declare when offering or advertising that construction work is happening right in front of the hotel. if we knew before we would have chosen another hotel. we talked to the officer for guest relation and we could not get a better located room. the staff is nice and trying very hard, but there were times when we simply weren't served at all because at the pool bar, there was simply not enough staff. the rooms are kind of old and interior looks very used deserves maybe 3 stars, NOT 4!!
all in all, we will not come again. sorry.

d.iu

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Dave7688

Dear Dave7688,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel. My apologies for the people who were shouting in the corridors and trust me we did talk to the group leader about this on several occasions. In fact it is a part of the arrival briefing for groups. As to the construction going on I have personally tried to get information on projects so we can inform guests beforehand, but the fact is these projects start and stop again all over the island and we have no way of foreseeing it. Besides that we have no jurisdiction but we do try to make contact with the crews when noisy work occurs, admittedly with varying degrees of success. With regards to the rooms interior we are embarking on a total room renovation to update our product and door closers will be installed in all rooms. And as you mention we are now a three star rooms product, only after the renovation will we become a four star. I hope you still were able to find value for the price you paid and I thank you for the positive comments about our staff. Perhaps you will visit us again in the future to see the difference.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Klapa Resort
Flower Bud Bungalows Balangan
Sal Secret Spot
Sal Secret Spot
#7 of 10 in Uluwatu

Been to New Kuta Hotel? Share your experiences!