Stayed here for 4 nights on a business reason. A bit worry since Pecatu area is a Newly "booming" area in Bali which is quite far from the city center. Have you ever heard of Pecatu Graha? there where it is located. No convenience store nearby, no public transport except taxi which you have to ordered, and kind of isolated. Not bad actually, since i like staying in a quite area. Let's start with the review... First, the airport pickup. I give 9 out of 10 if i may. Though the car is to big just for myself and a driver. On the way to the hotel, the driver already inform me that there are no convenience stores nearby the area, therefore he asked me whether i need stop by to one supermarket in the area and i said yes. Of we go to the supermarket. Then when i done with the "little" shopping, we off to the hotel. From the airport to the supermarket takes around 25 minutes drive and from the supermarket to the area took another 20 minutes or so. We enter the gate of the area, which i like to call the second Nusa Dua. from the gate takes around 15 minutes to the hotel. Not much property yet, but you can tell that it will be a luxury area soon.
I got off the car at the foyer and go straight to the reception. Open lobby is a great concept considered that this area is quite hot. Greeted by the reception but not by name (i think i was the only guest who had an airport pickup at that time). After i did the check in procedure (took around 5 minutes), i am heading to the room. It's quite a long way to the room, takes 1 floor down to the end of the building. Luckily a bellman escorted me all the way while he assisted me with my luggage. A bit chit chat along the way. Finally, reach my room. Open the door and mmmm, the room is not bad. Big enough just for myself. Checked the room facilities, coffee and tea are there, no minibar (just empty fridge, lucky i bought something to fill it up), no safety box, no power plug next to the bed, bed side board is not properly placed, no TV channel list, no umbrella in the room. Balcony is quite nice, with a partial pool view, garden, view, golf course view and off course your neighbor (someone can easily jump over to their neighbor balcony). Bathroom, clean. Although small but it's alright. Took some rest for a while until around dinner time then i'm off to the pool area where there are nice restaurant there. Too bad there are lots of people swimming and screaming over the pool area which was not comfortable. However, the food taste are good. After dinner, i am off to the room to get some sleep. But around 11:00 i can hear kids screaming again in the pool while they are swimming. Really annoying. Finally, i can have my sleep around 2 am.
Woke up the next morning around 07:00 took a shower (great rain shower with hot and cold running water). Off to the breakfast and waalla... crowded as hell. Around 14:00 i am back to my room after relaxing in the lobby area, what is surprising me was that my room has not been made up. However, a few minutes after that, a housekeeping staff ask my permissions to clean my room. It takes around 15 minutes or so to clean my room.
At 19:00 i am off for a business dinner and back to the hotel around midnight and go straight to bed.
Same thing happened the next morning, and the next morning after.
However, despite the uncomfortable of the other guests, i really enjoyed the property. Most probably will be staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Inspired by genuine Balinese culture, The New Kuta Hotel, is a perfect tropical getaway. Nestled on a gentle hill within a stone's throw of one of Bali's most famous and gorgeous beaches, The New Kuta Hotel pampers our guests with stunning views, modern rooms, outstanding restaurants, warm service and all the facilities you look for in an island resort. Kelapa is located just 5 minutes away directly overlooking Dreamland Beach, where you can enjoy the colorful sunsets over the Indian Ocean before a night of fun.The New Kuta Hotel also offers state-of-the-art, conference center with space for up to 700 people, all within the confines of our resort.Come and experience the tropical ambiance and Bali's famous island hospitality, at The New Kuta Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your New Kuta Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Kuta Condotel Hotel Kuta
- New Kuta Hotel Bali/Pecatu