“Very Impressed” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Pecatu
SYDNEY
“Very Impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

Nothing is too much for this resort. Unfortunately we had to cut our time short but we can't wait to get back! Panda and Astina are true gentlemen and professionals. They are there whenever you need them and seemed to always be one step ahead of you. I can see why the staff are as good as they are, as we met Mr Thomas Weber the GM. He was a pleasure to deal with, very proud of his work and you could see his main aim was to keep his customers happy.
During our stay the construction was noisy, check what stage there up to when you book. Ours was the jack hammer stage. If we weren't planing on being by the pool all day this wouldn't have been a problem. As I said before I can't wait to get back. Nothing in Bali has compared with it so far for me.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TARAK84
Thomas W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Tarak84,

Many thanks for your kind words and wonderful compliments of the staff.

The project is certainly an issue, one that we hope will be history in the very near future. We do hope to see you again and that you will be able to experience all our facilities upon completion.

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sepanjang, Jawa Timur, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I got my holy matrimony in here with ocean view and cliff view. I got a problem with the AIr con in my 5 bedroom villa & the general manager decided to move me to the one bedroom villa downstair it was a perfect decision tho. The unforgetable moment in the edge villa. Awesome

• Stayed October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thomas W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Dear Natasia M,

I am thrilled that we were able to assist with your perfect wedding and I wish you all the best for the future. Thank you for choosing The edge for this important event.

We have since fixed the problem with the air conditioner so that the next time you come to visit us, the room should be nice and cold.

Best regards,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I am writing this review after we got back from our honeymoon, we always chose the best hotels we can find and the best accommodation they offered. I stayed at four seasons Sayan and Kihava anantara Maldives. to my taste, the Edge was by far the most fascinating..from head to toe.

The staff are professionals and so polite, upon arrival we were greeted by Adi the staff manager then went to our villa with our butler. check in and check out was in the villa and as smooth as possible. the villa itself is amazing, the view breathtaking though not so good for sunset nor sunrise. the villa's decoration is beautiful, it is equipped with a large Lcd screen + a mac pc + an apple tv. already filled with tens of movies and also you can buy any movie you want form itune store. the is also a nice jacuzzi. the front space outside the villa is HUGE with a pretty big pool.

I really can talk forever about this hotel, so I'll just try to stress out what I found to be most fascinating:

1- Butler service .. we had two butlers, Panda and Dharma. now we had a "butler service" almost in every other hotel and it was nothing compared to these guys believe me. most of the time we were attended by Panda. he was the real deal and took so much pride in what he does. he was polite, proactive, resourceful, helpful, classy and there for us all the time.
he made everything for us, we wanted to go to a clothing shop but it was late, all what i did was show him the add in a magazine, 5 minutes afterwards he came to us with a ready to go car and already contacted the store and asked to remain open until we arrive.
dinner recommendations, reservations, tailored adventure, tickets .. whatever you need this guy will get for you before you blink with a discount price, and even if he didn't hear of what you are asking for before in his life he will do his research and try to come with best plan for you + the best prices.

2- boutique resort makes you feel like the world revolves around you, no one is more important than you and almost everything can be adjusted to your liking.

3- best Spa + treatment i have ever tried in my life and i have done massages everywhere. my only regret was that we tried their spa on our last day.. we wanted to try more of their treatments options.

4- they enjoy giving you freebies and putting a smile on your face, hotel services is cheap compared to other hotel with the same level. they don't try to milk you, instead they really help you save money.

5- food is fantastic also.

few things you might not appreciate:
1- construction on-site, starts from 8am to 5pm. a pretty noisy situation and its not going to finish until next september. (i would still go the edge again even with double the noise)
2- in-room dinning is a little slow, sometimes taking up to one hour. but somewhat understandable since everything is from scratch upon your request.
3- monkeys onsite, they are not violent but they will steal your snacks specially if it is in a red packaging, they are very interested with red color.
4- jacuzzi cannot be filled hot water, you'll be out of hot water half way there.

upon check out we were greeted by hotel manager Mr.Thomas, very nice gentleman. asked us if there is anything else they can do for us and the gave my wife a packed present, walked with us to our car and wished us a safe trip :D

stayed between 16th - 19th of February 2014.

Thank you The Edge for an unforgettable time.
Mohannad & Ghada

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Mohannad,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the constructive feedback.

It's good to know that from a service aspect this was some of the best that you have ever experienced on all your travels. I will be sure to forward your comments to the respective departments.

In terms of the construction next door, this is certainly inconvenient, with any luck all the heavy machinery should be done by the end of March this year.

With regards to the food order taking up to an hour to complete, we will certainly work on reducing the time is takes to prepare and deliver, that is unacceptable. We have discussed our warm water capacity and will look to increase.

Again, thank you for taking the time to review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The edge was beyond amazing! It was our last place to stay on our honeymoon plan in Bali, but it was definitely the most memorable of all. The services were superb, our personal dedicated butler Mr. Astina greet us start from the lobby. It was the best service we have ever had from any hotels we stayed before. Mr. Astina brought us towels and waited for us on the spot when we went to Pandawa beach, even when we got back late he was still available just to greet and drive us back to our villa.

The view of indian ocean was astonishing, waking up in the morning with the view of it was just the most wonderful thing! (And breakfast served to you personally with that view? It cant be better.)
Amenities in the villa were also amazing, awesome entertainment system and bath equipments. Awesome hardwares.

On our last night stay, We found some unexpected suprise in our room - flower petals all over, towels shaped unto swans, and chocolates! - although we didn't book any honeymoon package or whatsoever.
The General Manager Mr. Thomas Weber greet us personally upon our check out (so when do you get to see them often, right?)
They even provide us with VIP service in Ngurah Rai Int. Airport. (You wont believe it, we felt like we're some real VIPs. LOL)

Overall, The Edge is an over the top luxury villa and a true first class experience.
Both of us will definitely return someday and we're glad that we chose The Edge as part of our honeymoon stay.

God bless,
Ediwanto & Justine.

Room Tip: Ours was "The Villa" - one bedroom. The view is just unbelievable.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thomas W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Ediwanto,

Thank you for your rave review and I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations! We have a good team here at The edge and I'm thrilled that they took such great care of you! We wish you the best of luck as newly weds.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The edge sometime in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

First of all, I will like to thank The Edge for the wonderful n memorable stay at the villa especially to Butler Mr Agung for the great n prestigious service provided to us. Not forgetting his assistant Mr Dharma. I will highly recommend The Edge the place to stay and experience the warm hospitality from the staffs. Breathtaking ocean view, high end villa toiletries, great entertainment system, friendly staff and top notch services. For all of my vacation stays, this has had to be the best! Will be planning for my next trip with my family n friends to The Edge. Missing the place already.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Dear ZackLim,

Thank you so much for your visit and the kind words about the staff, I will be sure to pass on your praise to Agung and Dharma. Saying that this has to have been your best vacation stay ever is a big statement, one that is very satisfying. We hope to see you here again in the near future together with your family.

Thomas Weber
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

It was our 2nd family trip to Bali but this time added my 15 months' baby boy and mother-in-law. We decided to go exclusively this round in remedy to our "not so enjoyable trip" 2 years ago when my wife was carrying the baby inside her. After days of review, we picked 1 bedroom villa at The Edge for 3 nights. True to most of the reviews I have read, the experience was most unforgettable.

- We were greeted at the arrival hall way before the customs check, and led Royal style through express way straight to the baggage collection area. The Visa upon arrival was managed by the Hotel at the Custom. Wow!
- The Room was so spacious, more than enough for an extra bed with baby sleeping with us. The Indian Ocean view and the waves hitting along the coast down the cliff, just magnificient. Mamamia!
- We had 2 butlers, Astina and Panda to serve us during our stay, 24 hours. Their service, 1st class. My baby likes Astina very much. Thank you Astina and Panda.
- We asked if they could arrange for transportation to Kuta for some shopping at eve of New Year 2014. To avoid the massive traffic jams and Taxi fare hike, they offered their transport for that day FOC with Astina as the tour coach. You know what, we went shopping right after 10am, and detour to the Beach for swimming and back to hotel and 6.30pm, beating all the traffics with well planning by Astina.
- We were quite fallen aback when rains fell heavily at Kuta during our shopping. Why? we could have missed our beach right after that. Astina was so kind enough to check every moment at the local friends on the condition at the beach. We get to the beach afterall as it was sunny there.
- One of our initial plan to Bali is to watch surfing waves at Bali Beaches like Padang Padang Beach, Balangan etc. It was advised by Panda and Astina that it is too dangerous to go there with a baby and an elderly. They recommended a new local beach at the south of Bali, near Petagan. The beach was much more better than I thought. Nothing compares ... Heavenly gorgeous.
- Food was excellent, Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner, all serves at the villa. We like the Nasi Goreng, Lamb and curry. My Mother-in law likes the chilli very much and makes Panda bring more in every meal. Phew...
- We were presented a bottle of champange as a New Year gift by the GM Thomas Weber.
- We got a chance to compare the neighbourhood, Bvlgari Resort next door, when we had our dinner there on the last night of stay. Although both share the same cliff and view the same ocean, I like The Edge better as the rooms sits in front of the ocean but not Bvlgari's. Of course, the brands speaks for itself, The Edge are better valued.

So many good things to say, but defintely I will come back one day, and next time, with friends sharing 5 bedroom villa then.

Room Tip: If you have a group of 10, grab the 5 bedrooms villas which consisits of private theatre room and k...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kher Foo L
Thomas W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Kher Foo L,

I am glad that you eventually chose us as your destination in Bali and that we were able to exceed your expectations.

It was a pleasure to have you and your family with us over the New Year period and even though the weather was at times shocking, you were able to make the most of your vacation here.

I will be sure to share all your wonderful comments with the respective teams and look very much forward to your next visit.

Surabaya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

The Edge was the best place that we ever stay. We stay 4 nights there during our wedding. About 120+ of our guest are thrilling about the view. Also our personal buttler Ally was very friendly and helpful. From the first day, the luxury service started by pickup using Cadillac Escalade and Toyota Vellfire. The spa also facing the Ocean, breathtaking view. The food also amazing escpecially the chicken with traditional sambal matah. Wide range collection of wine and champagne in their top knotch wine cellar. The Theatre room also have a wide range of movies available 24 hours. As we book out the villa for our event. All of our family members was very amazed and comfortable during their stay in all of 10 rooms that The Edge currently have.

Will absolutely come back to this place when we have time for our holiday next year. Also still curious about renting their private yacht for our next weekend getaway.

Room Tip: Their 5 Bedroom villa was the best as it have all the facilites.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thomas W, General Manager at The edge, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Dear Welly9898,

It was a pleasure to have you here and I am thrilled to hear that we were able to fulfill your expectations.

I sincerely wish you all the best in this new chapter in your lives and feel honored to have been a part of this wonderful occasion. I look forward to having you here again some time in the near future, and we will certainly arrange for one of our yachts to be available if your schedule permits.

Best regards,

Thomas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Alila Villas Uluwatu
The St. Regis Bali Resort
Bulgari Resort Bali
Bulgari Resort Bali
#2 of 7 in Uluwatu

Been to The edge? Share your experiences!