“Rip off”

Klapa New Kuta Beach
Ranked #26 of 52 Restaurants in Pecatu
Price range: US$7 - US$45
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We walked in from the beach to check it out, as the pool looked nice from below. Exorbitant prices, ridiculous rules (it costs 50,000 rupees to swim in the pool but that's for only one hour!) and staff that were spread very thin on the ground to cope with the hundreds of Asian tourists frequenting this day. There are plenty of places like this in Bali that do this better and don't make you leave feeling like you have just been reamed, Avoid at all costs, especially their ridiculous costs.

There are newer reviews for Klapa New Kuta Beach

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I've been here with my small family on Aug. 5th, 2014.

Entering:
1st time we arrived, we have to purchase IDR100K voucher/person. (children under 3 years old are still free)
Voucher could be used to pay food & beverage.
Min. purchase for outside area (around swimmingpool) is IDR200K/person, otherwise you could eat in the lounge. (inside building)

Place:
The view from the cliff is beautiful & there is swimming pool with ocean view.
Outside & inside area.
No non smoking area.

Food:
Eventhough there is signature dish at "nasi goreng kambing" menu, but the taste is too ordinary.
Fish & Chips is also so so.
"Sop buntut"/Oxtail soup is better.
The one that I love the most is complimentary breads.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We visited Klapa yesterday 31/7/2014 - What a great venue. Unfortunately the rest of the place is an absolute joke.
DO NOT SUPPORT THIS PLACE IT IS AN ABSOLUTE RIP OFF.
The rules and regulations are over the top. The top management of this venue must be very inadequate because the whole experience is spoilt by high prices lack of service from all the staff - lack of knowledge from all the staff and leaves you with a feeling that all they are interested in is getting their hands in your pockets and charging for everything. $3 just to put your feet in the swimming pool. We had calamari and it was the worst I have ever tasted and costs $12 for an entrée. This was calamari straight from the supermarket with no taste at all. We decided not to even chance a main course that's how bad it was. Staff had no idea how to mix cocktails which were on the menu. (by the way $15 for a cocktail when you can get a much better cocktail at KU DE TA for $12 )This venue is obviously selling to the Chinese market as bus loads were coming in. I guess they package it up in China - Maybe they are not as well travelled as most Australians.
I will be trying to spread the word through my extensive network in Perth Australia to just give this place a miss. We regularly go to KU DE TA which is fantastic - great food great service and friendly and LASTLY CHEAPER THAN KLAPA but fantastic value.
The rating I have given to this place is kind and only because there was not a lower rating that I could give.
The venue is fantastic but I cannot express just how bad everything else about this place is.
CLIVE

4  Thank clivehaddow
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Klapa has nice view of Dreamland beach. It also has a nice pool but too small to accommodate its guests.

I ordered a fried oxtail soup. The taste was delicious. The pizza was average. Drinking water is quite expensive here.

However, the worst part was the toilet. The toilet was dirty and stinky...seems as they did not pay attention at all... I mean, for a place like Klapa - when you were charged of IDR 100k/pax as minimum spending - the toilet was very bad...

1  Thank ayoe bientang a
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I love the blue ocean view from the cliff. I didn't plan to spend more than an hour but the scene was so beautiful so I ended spend 3 hours just sitting and ordering drinks until the sun perfectly set.

I was in true paradise. So peaceful. Thinking of this place right now is just mind-blowing. I would love to visit this place whenever I go back to Bali and spend the whole day at Klapa.

1  Thank Maha L