Mamo Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Suarga Padang Padang(Uluwatu)
Ayu Guna Inn(Pecatu)
View Hotel
Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort(Uluwatu)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewssingle fingreat locationtwo blockswalking distanceroom was cleanreception deskblue point beachuluwatu surf breakreception areapadang padangvisit baliuluwatu templenice poolgreat place to staynusa duasurferspharmacy
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I stayed at the Mamo Hotel for a week in September 2013. After a long trip to get to Uluwatu, I was extremely disappointed that my deluxe/superior room (not worth the upgrade) had barely any running water. We had only a dribble of water to take a shower. We informed the manager who suggested that we change to a neighboring room. The neighboring room's shower worked a little better but we found a puddle of water next to the bed suggesting that the roof leaked into this room. We then just used this room to shower until it became occupied.

Management then fixed the slow dribble of water in our original room to a medium dribble of water. During the rest of our stay I ended up showering by swimming in the pool and using the pool shower. I did find another hotel with a pool nearby but they were full. I tried to find other accommodations in the area but the hotel's wifi hardly worked so I did not move hotels due to this.

The room and private balcony did not face the ocean as advertised. Also, the restaurant was swarmed with flies because it is located next to a cattle field. I tried to ignore the flies that landed on our food while being cooked and transported to our table. You could see them swarming the kitchen through the window.

The other travelers who reviewed this hotel must have stayed on a lower floor and stayed at the hotel for a short time. I would not recommend staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the lower floor. Choose a basic room do not upgrade to the superior/deluxe room. Living room has no windows.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Renee H
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Stayed here in September, spacious rooms, very friendly staff, small swimming pool
Breakfast is good, more or less the same you u have on bali
Nice location to explore uluwatu, you can go to different beaches every day
Check out single fin bar, it's very close
Party on Sunday night

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for one night to go to the Sunday party at Single Fin. Great location, 2 min walk. The rooms are nice. Bathroom was ridiculous because the incline on the floor is wrong, so the whole room gets flooded when you shower. And I mean flooded, to the point where the water almost poured out into our room. Breakfast is the driest I've has, the glass of juice you get is so small it's literally just a sip... Speedy Internet connection, great pool, only three sun beds. Staff speaks poor English.

For the purpose I came there it was still perfect, in spite of some major flaws. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Solveig M
Reviewed 6 September 2013

The mamo has a new restaurant just across the road this is where you go for breakfast ,the breakfast has improved since last year,and we found it plentiful.the staff at reception are a credit to the mamo,friendly and helpfull as always,walking distance to the uluwatu surf...yep their was a smelly drain in the bathroom but we had a few toilet balls on the drain lid that fixed it,think there was a bit of trouble with the water mains as this was being worked on down at padang padang.one night was disturbed by a mardi gras few doors down 2am, a bit inconsiderate guys!! a lovely clean friendly hotel thanks Mamo

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed at the Mamo hotel for two weeks in Uluwatu. Very clean hotel, good price, the room options are great value. Both rooms I stayed in had great views and were very spacious. The included breakfast with many options and the hotel has a great location, just minutes away from the Uluwatu break and restaurants and bars. The staff were friendly and helpful and spoke English well. Would definitely stay at Mamo again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends