“Do not stay here!”
Review of Ayu Guna Inn

Ayu Guna Inn
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Pecatu
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Place is a dump no hot water dirty smelly no tv no water pressure no soap and is miles away from everything, the place may as well have no power too, spend a few more $$$ and find somewhere decent. Guy says to me eveybody say why no hot water no tv no fridge a paid extra for delux room what a joke. Who ever is writing reviews saying its good has severe mental issues is retarded, blind or demented.

Room Tip: Dont stay there thats good advice
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Brett B

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Definitely a cheap place if u are just finding a place to lay your head. It has Aircon in the room.
When i booked it, at the cheapest price it comes with brekkie. However, just a light one it was - croissant, escargo, a slice of toast...Probably because I was wanting it prepared at dawn as I had to take off early.
The guys were polite and helpful too that they were willing to prep up the brekkie that early.
If you are surfers, this place would be OK as it's close to the surfing area, Padang-Padang.
The Inn is about 10-15mins by taxi to El Kabron, one of the best joint in Bali.
They also seem to organise party weekly on Saturday, close to Padang-Padang area under the bridge, that started about 10pm. Unfortunately no time to check it out.

Now the down side...
If you are going to Bali for fun, please find somewhere closer to Jimbaran and towards Kuta as this Inn is really in an isolated area and not easy to find. I took 5 taxis to the hotel, all of them have to ask around and even Blue Bird has to call back to base to check where the place is.
It's very dark at night and not quite really close to any main actions that got my friends surprised why I booked the hotel.
Beware of the location marked on the map as it didnt look that it's accurate.
That area is "owned" by the Uluwatu Taxi, you cant order any other taxi from the front desk. IF you are ordering the taxi, e.g. Blue Bird, they can pick you up there no worries. Mind you, Blue Bird will take an hour to get there so please book in advance.
When booking the taxi via front desk, the helpful guy did tell me the Uluwatu Taxi have meter and do use meter. They were honest about this. But in reality, Uluwatu Taxi wont use meter if you are travelling just around the area.
They will say they have "flat rate" be in near or far if still within the area. But that's just their way of getting the best out of you so bargain hard as it's really not a "flat rate" as such as there's nowhere it says so.
I learned their trick the hard way after taking a couple of those taxi.
From Airport to Ayu Guna Inn will take around 45-60mins by freelance taxi in traffic, costed me Rp150.000
From Ayu Guna Inn to Airport took around about 30mins in light traffic and costed about Rp100.000 on the meter.
At night, around 10pm, its really hard to find taxi around there.
It doesnt have warm water, maybe because I didnt check that it doesnt actually have it.
The room upstairs when i was there, didnt look as grand as the photos. It has some strange smell, leak marks running down the walls, and the toilet tiles look like it wasnt cleaned. But again, i was there to just sleep and it was OK in that sense.
What really threw me off was their brekkie got me diarrhea! I was lucky I could handle them well around the tight schedule I had the next day of travelling on the road the whole day!

Room Tip: check out the room you are getting before accepting the allocated room. or tell them to give you a d...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We spent 2 days there and it was a very pleasant experience. The room is good but they don't have hot shower. It is 10 min walk to Padang Padang and they have the cheapest good food in the region. The mie goreng and nasi goreng are delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here three nights. It's walking distance to Padang Padang beach, and a number of warungs and a few corner shops. It was quiet and the rooms were fine. After we unpacked we found that the shower nozzle was broken and the sink faucet dripped. We reported it to the front desk, and within minutes the guy came up with tools and parts and fixed everything up, so we didn't have to repack and move. Later the same guy managed to rustle up some bubble wrap for me, so I could pack my souvenirs. Great service.
One little complaint is that we asked them to arrange a metered taxi for us, but as soon as we got in the taxi the meter battle began - the flat rate was 150,000rp to the airport - the meter's broken - the meter works but hasn't been adjusted to new gas prices - you have to pay the airport parking fee (there isn't one), etc. We threatened to get out and suddenly the meter worked. btw we paid 110,000rp to the international terminal at DPS, as per the meter.
Not the inn's fault exactly but if they need to realize that if they call us a taxi and there's a problem with it, we are going wonder whether they (the inn) are looking after the interests of their customers (us), or that of the taxi company they favour.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2013

When I first arrived at this hotel I was pretty excited because of the reviews on here. The girl who checked us in was pleasant and showed us to the room which was cheap and clean but smelled of sewer water unless the bathroom door was kept shut at all times, but I thought this was all ok for the price.
When I went back to the front desk however to ask about the wifi password and arrange a motor bike for rent I was astounded at the rudeness of the guy there. The nice girl was no where to be seen from then on and I must admit that I avoided the reception like the plague from then on as everytime I had to ask about anything the guy was horrible.
I stayed 3 nights because I had already paid but I really didn't enjoy any of it - I would recommend looking somewhere else or only booking one night and check the man with the anger management issues is not around before wasting your money.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank Harper008
Reviewed 15 June 2013

This Hotel is very nice and choosing this hotel for the beginning of my trip in Bali I think I'm a bit spoiled now because no hotel i took can compete with it price/quality wise, i think the hotel is normally a bit busier though because its popular among surfers but its was not really the surf season yet.
The room I had was in a block with 4 rooms together (2 levels and 2 rooms each level) they have a few of those blocks next to each other and I was the only one in the whole block so I cant really say anything about sound proofing because there where no neighbours,
You can hear some dogs at night and some roosters (I think they forgot the sunrise memo here in Bali because they make noise all day and sometimes trough the night as well), its far away though so its not that annoying. the place itself is very well maintained the staff is very friendly but be aware if you come after 12:00 at night it can be empty at the reception and you end up knocking on random persons doors to find the owner. The breakfast is very basic and internet had some problems but is fixed now :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Philippe_11983
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Bali was the last stop of our 2.5 month SEA trip, and we were extremely picky with where we wanted to stay. We had this vision built up in our minds, and literally refused to settle. We stayed in Kuta for two nights (2 nights too long in my opinion), and then hired a driver (who ripped us off hard) to take us to Padang Padang. We literally stopped at 5 different hotels and x'd them all. We wanted to find the perfect place where we could relax and stay for the remainder of our trip. Finally we arrived at Ayu Guna Inn, and the search was over.

By the time we made it back to reception after checking out rooms, we'd already made friends with a group of people staying there. Everyone was super chill and just there to surf and have a good time. The grounds were beautiful, the rooms clean and neat, one of the nicest places we stayed.

The location was perfect - a 10 minute walk to Padang Padang, or a 2 minute bike ride. There were great restaurants en route to the beach, but in all fairness, Ayu Guna's restaurant was just as good, and cheaper. The rooms were fantastic and clean (with A/C). We stayed in two different rooms here (once upon arrival, and then again for another few days after coming back from gili T). I preferred the rooms on the first floor, easier to deal with your board.

My only complaint was that they don't have hot water (cold showers), but it really wasn't even that bad.

*Buy bottled water from the Ayu Guna restaurant - it can be up to 3x as expensive elsewhere.

Made such good friends here, and had the best time ever. It literally pained me to leave.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Suarga Padang Padang
Le Grande Bali
Le Grande Bali
#2 of 11 in Pecatu
Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort

Been to Ayu Guna Inn? Share your experiences!