“Serious Improvement in a Short Time”
Review of The Golf Academy Bali - CLOSED

The Golf Academy Bali
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I left Bali a much better golfer at the end of my holiday than when arrived. I played off 16 when I had my first lesson with Head Pro Rory Young. Now I am back home and putting into practice some pretty simple adaptations and have the confidence that I hope will take me to single figures.

I picked up golf later in life and have had many lessons from dedicated and patient teaching pros. The difference at New Kuta Golf is that golf is still taught as essentially an athletic sport recently overcomplicated by an emphasis on positions , planes , angles and all manner of other concepts.

Each lesson consisted of a brief check of the basic essentials of grip , alignment , posture and ball position , hit a few balls , a couple of adjustments and then we played golf on the course.

Rory lives for golf and was a European Tour player not long ago.He was taught the traditional Scottish way and teaches accordingly. That enthusiasm together with a traditional no nonsense approach was a breath of fresh air on some scorching days.

The best lesson was on course hitting 6 balls from different lies 100m into 3 greens and chipping, putting , keeping score.

If you are Bali playing golf or just on holiday you'll enjoy both more if you leave having hit a few more crisp golf shots and leave with something better in your game.So go have lessons , I thoroughly enjoyed the course , teaching and Rory's company.I would be surprised if you don't leave better at golf than when you arrived.

1  Thank 99andrew99
There are newer reviews for The Golf Academy Bali

Reviewed 10 November 2013

serly staff over priced and what they knew about golf could be put on a stamp with room to spare not happy but again maybe it was an off day for my man.

HeadPro23, Manager at The Golf Academy Bali, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Jonthemonkey, it is with great regret that I read your review and can only offer my apologies, could you please elaborate more on what package you took and with whom? We are always striving to improve our service. I wish you a great trip in Bali.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

I have been going to Bali for 10 years and have played all the courses but never had a lesson there, as an average to poor golfer I thought it wouldn't help but Rory (Head Pro) was very optimistic so I took a 1 hour lesson.....it helped. The coaching was simple to understand and he explained it all and demonstrated all my bad shots....then showed me what would happen with the new tips.

The next day I took a 9 hole lesson again something I had never done but thought it would be great to play with a Pro, Rory again was super helpful demonstrating all the shots and continuing to have a good score with his own ball. In the end I managed to play 44 for 9 Holes, my handicap is 24 so I was pretty pleased.

I will be back to The Golf Academy Bali to do one of the schools, but recommend a 1 hour or 9 hole lesson if you are short on time. Rory's knowledge is excellent and he is really keen to help people.

Also New Kuta Golf is a perfect place to spend your time in Bali