“Gorgeous pool, second time here!”

Blue Point Bay Villas & Spa
Ranked #52 of 67 Speciality Lodging in Pecatu
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our honeymoon and were upgraded from a deluxe room to a junior suite with ocean views, it was nice and clean. We had no problems with our room other than the fact that it only has a hand held shower, they need to sort that out. We were pretty much never in our room (no point paying for more than the deluxe rooms) because the pool and ocean views from the pool are amazing, we love it! The buffet breakfast is great and caters for everyone. We would stay here again, we love uluwatu and the location of this hotel is the best in the area!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

It was my second visit to Blue Point. I stayed in the garden pool villa. It was really great. Even the room is getting a bid older, I enjoyed the tranquility and peaceful atmosphere there. It's view is really amazing!!! From the pool, from the restaurant... It's worth staying. I recommend you to go there with your friends and partner.
There were some wedding ceremonies during my visit and it looked fabulous. I love this hotel and I will definitely come back soon!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank nono888
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night for the pool and view, based on reviews that room was terrible.

We stayed and was shocked to see that the room was BEAUTIFUL. Big, comfy bed. Clean bathtub/jacuzzi. Toilet bowl with bidet. AND our own back door opening to a small patio. If I knew it was gonna be this good I would stay all of my 6 days here.

Spa was not good. We walked in twice at 6pm to an empty place. Was told both masseuses out for dinner. 5 star etiqutte? Def not. Walked in again on the 3rd time and booked a couple room for an hours massage at 8pm.

No tranquil music in spa, only loud thumping music from Single Fin, the bar next door which was on full swing by 8pm. My partner got a good massage. I got bruises and sore muscles from mine, and I am normally easy to please. Go for the stay, dont go to the spa.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed for three nights in the "deluxe" room. Very very overpriced. The water in the shower pooled around my ankles and took 15 mins to drain. The room stank and the bathroom smelt like urine. And this was the better room out of our friends and family. We spent one night in the "honeymoon" suite, which also stank of urine. We ended up sleeping with the aircon off and all windows and doors open. To compensate, they have us a complimentary dinner, which they then tried to bill us for on check out! They tried to overcharge us around $800. It was a nightmare. Their grounds were dirty, the brekky was ok though. The only good thing is their pool. I now know there are many other better places to stay near this hotel for a better rate and better room. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Sara1234512345
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We found this hotel on Agoda, where there are beautiful photos of the infinity pool and grounds of this hotel. The infinity pool is there (and eally is beautiful), but we never got to enjoy a sunset because each night we were there, there was also a big wedding. The pool was shut down each day at 4pm to prepare for the weddings. Once, you couldn't even go to the bar in the evening because it was used for wedding receptions. Perhaps we were just there during wedding season (April)? Although the big, glass chapel next to the pool (that I hadn't noticed from pictures) makes me wonder if this is a popular wedding spot all the time? The location really is incredible, and it's hard not to be charmed by the lovely staff (all of whom were great and helpful), but a lot of rooms don't have ocean views despite the location, and Ulu Watu has such a laid back, cool vibe it was a bit odd to be in a more packaged, touristy place. My advice: if you want to be in that area - book one night at Blue Point and use that night to walk around the various cute, cliffside guesthouses that all have the same views (but often don't have the tech savvy for a cool website), and for a third of the price get a simple room there - without having to duck out of people's wedding photos as you walk to your room.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank buppiti
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Walking into the pristine white hotel foyer which frames the infinity pool disappearing off the spectacular cliff drop to the famous Uluwatu surf break, you could be forgiven for thinking that you'd stumbled across a little piece of heaven. Particularly with a gorgeous glass chapel winking down at you. It's not until you wade through the overgrown weeds of your private garden, jimmy-open your room door, singe your nostrils on the smell of mould, wipe the dust of your bed spread and attempt to bathe under a shower nozzle that shoots every way but down that you realise you may have been deceived.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Code_of_the_Road
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Booked for 2 nights ended up staying just the one. Rooms very run down, dead mossies on walls and ants in room. Bed very hard and uncomfortable. Staff helpful and friendly just needs a big face lift. Room service good. But room needs to be looked at could Smell sewerage coming from our toilet.

• Stayed: March 2014