“Good view but the breakfast is boring”

Blue Point Bay Villas & Spa
Ranked #51 of 61 Speciality Lodging in Pecatu
Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
“Good view but the breakfast is boring”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I booked for deluxe room on March. Late check in at midnight and their deluxe room was full booked then they upgrade my room to suite room! :)
The breakfast was boring and tasteless. Nothing special for the food.
After breakfast I back to my room and somehow I found some ants on the bath even the toilet was clean.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Gold Coast
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I stayed here with friends in November 2013
The room was a deluxe room, it was simple and clean, the beds comfy but a little aged
The resort facilities were great with a beautiful pool that looks over the ocean
Breakfast was good and loved the stay
Right next door to single fin, would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: best wifi around the pool, and have to get to the pool early to get a good lounge
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have been here a few times now, planning my wedding this September. I checked ALL the rooms they had on offer so I could let my wedding guests have a good idea of what to expect (if they chose to stay at Blue Point) and I have to say, I believe just about every report about "rooms being disgusting" has been Blue Points cheapest rooms the 'Deluxe'- which really doesn't stand up to it's description. Man they are nasty. I stayed in the ocean view Presidential Suite. It is lovely. Really lovely. I have stayed in other villas in Bali equally and more so pleasing for less, however you are paying premium prices for the location. The location never fails to please. I had dinner at their restaurant and it is nice, The wedding menu I chose was simply divine and I picked 8 friends to do taste testing with me in March earlier this year. We stayed over night and had the complimentary buffet breakfast. Once again, the free breakky was nothing to write home about, I've had better, but I can't say I've had a more stunning view over the ocean whilst munching through my danish. The night before it had stormed terribly but the sunset still managed to break through. It is really a lovely place to spend a few days. I would recommend, if you really want to make to most of it, going with 5 friends, biting the bullet and staying in their presidential suite to ensure you have a great stay.

Room Tip: DO NOT stay in a deluxe room. Pay the extra and stay in a lovely room and have a great time.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kihrara
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The room and pool! 1st thing that i loved from this hotel...
Even in the bathroom i found some lack of services but overall this place makes me want to comeback again in the next time I go to bali.
Fast restaurant services and clean area makes me feel comfort...

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ririn N
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

incredibly dirty deluxe room, most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on, worst pillows, questionable whether the linen was clean. The whole resort is dated, not well maintained. I complained and we got upgraded to a villa, which wasn't much better (404) this was possibly the most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept on. a little cleaner but still horrible. Both rooms smelt mouldy. Staff were good to try and accommodate but there was nothing they can do really! Don't stay here, will be very disappointed! Buffet breakfast- we didn't want to eat it after seeing how dirty the rooms were. Nice location with lots of little restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: 546 worst room ever. next to cleaner station and dirty. villa 404 worst bed I've slept in.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rahrah199

Travellers are raving about these Pecatu hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have visited blue point many times to use the pool and enjoy the amazing view. This time round we thought we would stay for a night. I wish we haden't. We paid $130 for the deluxe room. The smell was the first thing that got me, that real damp mouldy smell, which matched the mould on the walls which i found later on. If you want to feel like you're sleeping on a concrete slab then you will love the beds. The bathroom was something else, a leaky toilet, mould and discolouration everywhere, a sink which the tap hardly worked and please don't get me started on the shower. Look the staff were nice and greeted you with a smile and the pool is divine. I just wouldn't stay overnight here ever ever again. We wanted to go to el kabron for dinner and they told us no taxi's only drivers out the front, we had to pay 300,000 for a 15min drive, turns out the driver actually worked for blue point as he was then dressed in uniform working behind the front desk the next day. Sorry blue point, you need to pick up your game and fork out some money and do the place up !

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Marissa F
Newcastle
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed just one night. Went for the view and it is spectacular. Pool is lovely. As for the rest of the place, it's run down, outdated and overpriced. If you have to go, just do one night or find somewhere else. Lots around and sure to be much better value.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere or just do a day trip
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank AmandaLHR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
Suarga Padang Padang
S Resorts Hidden Valley Bali
PinkCoco Bali
PinkCoco Bali
#1 of 40 in Pecatu

Been to Blue Point Bay Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!