E-Da Royal Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
E-Da Skylark Hotel(Dashu District)
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
AmanCity Motel(Pingtung City)
View Hotel
All reviewsamusement parkferris wheelshopping mallresort hotelkids roomfamily suitenice hoteltwo double bedswalking distanceroom was spaciousnight marketfacilitieslobbytaiwansaunaconciergestore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed one night on our way to Kenting and must admit to being underwhelmed. The room was fine and clean, even the breakfast was of a reasonable standard. We had lunch at their Italian restaurant which was okay too. The staff were helpful without being exceptional. Overall our experience was what we paid for a five star hotel but not memorable. The area itself is as others have detailed an outlet, minor kids park zone … would stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms in the tower with reception are the pick, the other wing is a good hike.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel was a member of InterContinental Hotel Group as Crowne Plaza E-DA World, but E-DA group decided to end the contract with IHG in the end of last year, I did stay at this hotel a lot before last year and I am a Platinum Ambassador member of IHG group, even under the IHG management, the hotel services is already terrible.
This time I booked a twin room bed and called for an extra bed before a day of arrival, but the front desk didn't receive the request for an extra bed. And the extra bed is just randomly place in the room without any consideration, which cause us a lot of inconvenience because we have to place the extra bed by ourselves. The staff is unfriendly and the hotel policy is terrible. Only provide two room keys for each room no matter how many person stay at the room. You must check-in after 3:00 p.m. If you checked-in before 3, you have to return to the front desk for your room key because they didn't arrange the room until 3 p.m. The cafeteria staff is also unfriendly, I traveled with my family five people, and the staff told me that they only have table for four, we have to separate for two desks, but I found out that there is a table for six. The staff is lying on us.

Room Tip: Stay at other hotel. The location of this hotel is only the best choice if you want to do shopping at E-DA outlet mall, otherwise there will be nothing else.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

A combination of resort, shopping mall and kids paradise. The hotel itself is good and service team is willing to help customer.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Easy access from northern taiwan with highspeed railway. (two hour train ride from Taipei)
We arrived around 9AM did the paper work for check-in and dropped off our luggages with the concierge before going into the theme park. Most of the attractions were in-doors so the summer heat was not too much a problem. My kids are 5 and 8 years-old and there were plenty of rides to keep them interested for one entire day. Not a very big place so one full-day is quite enough. We went back to the hotel around 5pm to get our key. Our deluxe family room with two king sized bed was very big and clean.
We went to the outlet accross the hotel for dinner. There is a food court and some restaurants to choose from. Many name brands in this outlet but i didn't get time to check them out.
The swimming pool was very nice (warm which is good for the kids) with a indoors water SPA area. Very clean and nicely kept. There is also a kids club and recreational area (table tennis. Kareoke, arcade, etc)
Breakfast next morning was kind of hectic. Four restaurants to choose from which all served the same buffet. We were directed to the 8th floor banquet hall which was not very nice. Tables were set by rows and linked together like a cafeteria although the food were satisfying.
Overall, staff were nice, room clean and big, food acceptable. I would recommend this hotel for a family short weekend trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 February 2014

My wife and I decided to go to Kaohsiung for a post New Year getaway. We saw the promotion by the IHG (Holiday Inn/Inter Continental) Group and jumped at that. By the time we arrived the property, the hotel name has changed and it was no longer managed by the IHG group. Which did not bother me much. It was the first time for us to visit Kaohsiung and probably not the best choice of hotel as it is located somewhere in the mountains. It took a 20-min shuttle bus connection from the closest subway station so stay downtown if you are a first-timer to Kaohsiung. The hotel itself has nothing to complain about: It is part of a huge property development which contain a giant shopping outlet (Asia largest)?, a theme park, and two hotels. It is like a castle out of nowhere. The hotel lobby was nice, but a bit dark (insufficient lighting), room was spacious with a little balcony. My wife and I had spent much time walking around the whole development to our amazement. What actually amazed us was that for a development of such scale received so little attention and publicity outside Kaosiung or Taiwan. The days that we stay I can only described the place as deserted. It gave me a feel of a pretty ghost town. Nothing against the hotel, everyone was courteous and friendly. Room rate was reasonable if not cheap. I do not understand why it had such a low occupancy when we were there. I noticed the two housekeepers were actually waiting outside of our rooms for some time, for my wife and I to get out of the room in order to do their cleaning works. I feel bad for them. (But I must say the sound proof of the room was bad in order for me to pick this up).

Room Tip: Ask for the block which is closest to the main building to avoid a long walk.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple