Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Great Experience

My partner and I went to Hualien for a week of hiking. We booked Meet My Guide for the hiking in... read more

Reviewed 30 August 2020
free_wonders
Awesesome Trip!

Hiking Zhuilu Old Trail was an exceptional experience, and I'm so glad that I decided to go through... read more

Reviewed 30 July 2020

from US$89.00
from US$624.00
from US$110.00
More Info
All reviews taroko national park two days wei hike hualien route hassle accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2018

We had an absolutely fantastic time with our guides Cloud and Pony. We had our kids (8-12 years old, all good swimmers and active outdoors types) with us. Cloud gauged their abilities perfectly and picked an ideal location to challenge them without being too hard. The clarity of the water and the scenery is much better than even the photos - definitely even better in person. Even in the heat of summer, the water is very cool and it's a great way to get up close and personal with Taiwan's nature without melting in the summer heat. The equipment provided by Meet My Guide (wetsuits, booties, lifejackets, and helmets) were all high quality and in good condition. Even for our kids they had the right sizes and the comfort makes all the difference. If you are trying to pick between Meet My Guide and the other operators, there's a very clear difference - yes, Meet My Guide is more expensive, but it's worth every penny. We passed the other company's groups and I'm so glad we didn't take the cheap option. Our group was much smaller (just the 5 of us with 2 guides), while the other company's groups were 30-40! Their equipment was much lower quality (for example, generic bulky foam life vests instead of white water rafting type vests) and I saw many kids with wetsuits that were far too big. We were able to proceed at our preferred pace, whereas I could see that the other groups were constantly stopping for 5-10 minutes at a time for slower people or others who insisted on 20 selfies per 10 steps. Night and day - Meet My Guide is definitely highly recommended!

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 2 August 2018

Went River Tracing with Meet My Guide. So much fun! Our guide was Cloud and he let us really choose the kinds of activities we wanted to do. And, generally, we were all in for doing as much as possible, which included some climbing, jumping from rocks/cliffs, swimming, waterfalls, rock water slides, and lots of hiking through the river. The river was incredibly beautiful with completely clear water, and lots of swimming holes and waterfalls along it. I loved that the tour is limited to the number of people, we actually only had 3 people, plus our guides. But I think the max allowed for this tour is 8. We saw other groups there with SO many people, and I think some of them were a little jealous that we were chilling with our small group in the water (well, at least, I would have been). Yeah, awesome, fun, and beautiful, totally recommend!

Reviewed 2 August 2018

DO IT!!! We did two tours with Meet My Guide, Zhuilu Old Trail and River Tracing (which I've written a separate review for). I realized before we signed up that we could hike Zhuilu Old Trail on our own, but I'm so glad we did this instead. Meet My Guide arranged all of the permits and transportation. Really all we had to do was prepare our packing list, show up, and hike of course. Our guide, Cloud, was excellent and a really cool guy; he pushed us when we needed pushing, but at the same time added in short breaks during the hike when our group needed it. It was really nice to have someone guiding us who knew the trail so well. Also, we saw monkeys!

1  Thank Jo V
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I booked two tours with Meet My Guide while I was visiting Taiwan, and it was absolutely incredible. I did Hualien River Tracing the first day with Cloud as my guide, and it was literally the best day of my life. Cloud spoke great English and was funny with a fantastic personality, and he was clearly experienced in river tracing. He adapted the trip to my group’s wants and abilities, and we were able to climb rocks, slide down waterfalls, and jump off cliffs. I did the Taroko Zhuilu Old Trail on the second day, and Cloud was also great for that. I'm a fast hiker, so we had extra time afterwards and went to two other places in the park as well as the Qingshui Cliffs. On both days, Cloud took A LOT of amazing pictures and even bought us special Taiwanese food afterwards! Meet My Guide was absolutely amazing and is a great value too. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I had the climbing tour in LongDong with Fabrizio as guide. Organization and communication were very good. PickUp and DropOff at the Hotel. The climbing area is very scenic and there are plenty of routes in every grade. Fabrizio did a great job in guiding me through the area, gave excellent suggestions for routes and was always very kind and polite. At the end, I was exhausted and my fingertips burnt. So all in all a great climbing day. Thank you guys.

Date of experience: June 2018