Taiwan Indigenous Peoples Culture Park
Open today: 08:30 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Amazing experience to join such a wonderful cultural show

Travelling in the area and meeting the tribes ticked one of my wishes in my life bucket list... read more

Reviewed 11 November 2019
658anner
Lucerne, Switzerland
via mobile
Enjoyable!

Arrived at 12 noon. Headed to the suspension bridge before entering the cultural park. Bridge... read more

Reviewed 19 December 2018
cchan_love
Singapore, Singapore
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 January 2018

I absolutely loved this park. The entire feel and the beauty of it blew me away. I think anyone that comes to Taiwan show make time to see some Indigenous parks. This one especially will not disappoint. Professional dancers and the show was just amazing. I loved the out door area where you can see indigenous housing. There is a super long suspension bridge and a small one that is great for photo opts.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

I wasn't really interested at first, I got dragged along by my family. I wandered around the displays about life for the Indigenous peoples. We took the bus up to the top of the mountain with some beautiful views of Taiwan countryside. We watched a show which was quite lively and musical. We went to the open air museum thingy to see the houses of the Indigenous people's. In the first house you encounter, there is a place where you can dress up in the Indigenous costumes and take pictures (using your own camera). The only thing is, the lady is only there at very short, 30 minute slots throughout the day. I went when she was there from 1:30-2:00, although there are other short slots in the day. Anyway, I didn't regret being dragged along.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank 204mulanh
Reviewed 14 February 2017

every day there has two performance people singing and showing musical instruments. people were sitting and enjoy the music

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 24 January 2017

We visited on our final day of our 4 day visit to Kaoshiung. An hour by car from Kaoshiung, there is an open carpark and a row of shops left of the entrance. Further left is the river and the steep valley straddled by a new suspension bridge. We decided to cross the bridge spanning 263 meters. Adult price is 60NT and seniors above 65 at 30NT. The bridge is narrow, but wide enough to let a person pass. Lots of scenic spots for photo. At the end of the bridge is a steep climb, through the gate and then a 200 meter trek to the bus stop. Along the way don't miss the chance to try the BBQ pork, fragrant pork sausage and the rice cooked bamboo, sold by small stalls lining the way to the bus stop. The bus will bring you back to the entrance of the Aboriginal Cultural Centre for 20NT. Back at the Cultural Centre, this is a smaller and less commercial version of the one in Central Taiwan near Sun Moon lake. Entrance fee is 150NT and seniors over 65 is free. A small museum near the entrance is worth a visit to understand the aboriginal culture of Taiwan. Take the shuttle to visit the different areas that depict different tribal habitat and end at the Performance Centre for the cultural show. A 45 minutes show mainly through dances provide a snapshot of the cultural life the Paiwan and Amis tribes, the main tribal people found in the South. Overall, it was worth a half day visit. There are 2 shows at 10am and 2.30pm, so you need to time your visit to coincide with the performance.

Date of experience: January 2017
4  Thank c2chen
Reviewed 20 December 2016 via mobile

We went to walk the bridge only, the culture park we did not visit on this trip.
Bridge walk is for sight seeing and taking nice photo. If you have time the park is worth visiting.
The bridge walk is $50 NT and must take buss ride back $20NT, some food and souvenir to buy at this location.

Date of experience: December 2016