Ming Ging Farm
Jenq Yang Hotspring Hotel(Ren'ai Township)
US$50
US$46
  • Breakfast included
Shangrila Music Villa(Ren'ai Township)
TripAdvisor
Qingjing Farm Guest House(Ren'ai Township)
TripAdvisor
Florence Resort Villa(Ren'ai Township)
  • Bar/Lounge
Dreamtown Hotel(Ren'ai Township)
  • Restaurant
Lushan Chief Villa(Ren'ai Township)
TripAdvisor
Tzu Hsin Garden Resort(Ren'ai Township)
  • Restaurant
Dragon Manor Resort(Ren'ai Township)
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewsblock cgarden tournice viewmain buildingno lifthot potthe busfarmcloudsvalleyweatherscenerykettlevanstairstimingluggage
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Visited here with the wife and baby. Took the rooms with a small garden at the ground floor at block C. The view was great, even though it was cloudy and raining during our stay, I can imagine being able to see the mountain range during a clear day. The rooms were basic and small for the price. Unfortunately, both rooms had pretty bad plumbing and ventilation so the entire room smelled of the toilet throughout our stay. Lots of bugs in the room because it's nearing summer (even with the screen door). Didn't get to enjoy the small garden much because of the bad weather but I can imagine it to be nice and balmy during better weather.

The location is pretty inaccessible. It's a 2.6 km hike up the mountain roads to the nearest facility that sells food (where Starbucks is) and hiring a taxi one way should cost you a few hundred NT. So get a car and drive yourself if you can, if not, plan your trips wisely. The farm provides a single return trip per day but the latest time that you can ask for a pickup is 6pm. After that you're on your own. There isn't much to do and eat at where Starbucks is anyway, so most people usually go there for lunch and have dinner in the farm.

Meals on the farm are expensive even if they are quite good. There's a minimum spending required per person and you can't order your meal ala carte - everything has to come in a set meal. This means your looking at 400-500 NT per person before tax. Even though the food was pretty good, I found it unpleasant to be somehow forced into buying a full set meal even if I wasn't too hungry. It felt like the farm knew how to capitalize on the transport situation and monopolized on the F&B bit.

Overall, the farm was quite decent to stay in and I'm sure it's got a great view of the surrounding mountains.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank weimeanz
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I normally do not write a review, but because of my past experience here, I am compelled to express my opinion.

Day 1:

Upon driving up the mountain, my wife and I could tell the view and landscape was going to be beautiful; however, upon arrival we experienced quite a few other surprises.

There are two receptionists at the front desk, yet only one is capable of checking-in guests (regardless of language barriers, if any. The second receptionist decided not to attend to us though while the other was clearly occupied helping another guest). On the bright side, the same individual capable of check-in for guests is (for the most part) tri-lingual, speaking Mandarin, Taiwanese and some English. But because there is only this single individual to serve customers, be prepared to wait in a queue. It does not matter how good service is or can be, it is still limited simply by this factor: waiting. That being said, the actual service upon check-in was subpar. The receptionist was shallow and rude in a colloquial manner. It could have been she did not realize it due to cultural differences, but in a service environment, even jokingly insulting guests is not acceptable. (My wife, who is fluent in Mandarin, was not pleased).

In the middle of the check-in process, I was also informed by the clerk who I had been in contact with for the entire booking (via phone & email) that I had been incorrectly invoiced and had to pay an additional 1,000 NTD. If you, as a reader of this review believe this is unfair, I can understand why as guests should not have to pay for a clerk's mistake. Personally, I do not believe this is unfair; I do believe, however, it was sloppy work. If a guest had not budgeted for emergency and was informed in-person upon arrival, this could have potentially lead to cash shortage issues for one's vacation.

After check-in, we moved into our next room located in Block C. The accommodation was spacious enough for two adults. The room was also nice as was the view though the landscape is somewhat spoiled by power lines (see attached photos). Other than these minor issues, accommodations in Block C were fine: there is wifi, cable, heat & A/C and a comfortable bed.

Day 2:

On the second day, my wife and I moved into Block B. The accommodation I booked via phone was for a room of three. The clerk had assured me via phone that both rooms I had booked (Block B and C) were enough for two adults. This was not the case for Block B.

Though there were two beds, a double and a single, both beds and the room were for children. May I remind you, I had booked a room for two adults. The arrangement of the room was quite bizarre with the TV being placed on the far side of the room.

There was s a small study desk in the middle of the room, but no chairs. (If you want to sit, take some chairs inside from the balcony). Moreover, this room was on the 4th floor and appeared to be what I believe was an attic reconstructed into a room. Because it is an attic, the insulation is poor so if you are staying during a cold season, the heater in the room will not do you much benefit. Another con of living in the attic: the ceilings conform the roof top's sharp angles, so if you at least 6 feet tall as I am, watch your head while walking in and out as well as in the room.

Food:

Each night we were there a buffet was being held. We ate there the first night, and the cost is 650NTD per person. In all honesty, it was more of a cafeteria style dinner than a buffet. The dinner hours were also short, mostly because there is limited seating each night. There is not a lack of seating because the Dining Hall is small. The lack of seating is due to the fact that there are not many restaurants nearby. It is unfortunate because the guests who paid good money are subject to be overcharged for poor quality meals. Using 650NTD, you can eat at a much better restaurant and/or stock up at the Seven (about 3 kilometers from the hotel), which is what we did, and I suggest any future guest do, if you stay at Ming Ging.

In a nutshell:

I give Ming Ging a 2 star rating. Ming Ging does an excellent job at exploiting its guests by using its isolate location to provide poor service, which in a way, makes poor service "acceptable" and forces guests to be tolerant. Also, be prepared to walk if you are staying anywhere else besides the Main Block. Local transportation is very limited. If you are traveling to Ming Ging, I suggest that you bring/rent a car. Try to pack lightly as well. In the blocks I stayed in, there was no elevator lift.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Benjamin X
Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is awesome! Even though it may not be centrally located but the hotel offers shuttle service that brings you to 小瑞士花园 area where mos burger, 711 and the rest of the Cingjing's attraction are at.

Ming Gin hotel staffs are polite and friendly. My friends and I reach the hotel at 2pm and understood from the hotel staff that the show at 青青草原 starts at 230pm. Instead of sending us to the usual free shuttle drop off point, the driver from the hotel was kind enough to send us to 青青草原 entrance without any charges.

We booked hotel room 2205 for 4 pax and is extremely delighted when we check in. The room looks exactly like what it was featured on their website, is clean and well furnished. We totally love the room to bits! The beds are comfortable, TV has many programs, wifi connection is good, balcony good enough for us to chill, room and toilet spacious enough.

I have search through tripadvisor and have had many friends recommendation. But I am very glad that I chose Ming Gin as it is the best! Ive seen pictures of other Mingsu and dont think they will match Ming Gin's standard. The breakfast spread at Ming Gin is also good enough and satisfying.

Would definitely come back if I am to visit CingJing again!

• Stayed: January 2014
5  Thank jasmine6868
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Stayed here for a night at Block D because of I wanted a room with L shaped windows overlooking the lake and mountains.

Very nice and clean whitish room. Transportation to main lobby via shuttle bus as Block A's restaurant is situated at a higher level and climbing up the slope is a big challenge.

The surrounding garden and farmland could be better maintained but overall a good experience if you want great views just outside your windows.

You will find mainly Hong Kong citizens who tend to speak louder than many others. In fact, the owner even hired a Cantonese speaking receptionist to serve the Hong Kongers.

Room Tip: Go for rooms at Block A which is on the highest level of the slope and you can get the best view. Plus, the restaurant and lobby are situated here.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Fussyman
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We enjoyed our stay in Ming Ging Farm. I booked the room 3300 at Block C which is for 8 pax. It is at level 3 & we have the whole level to ourselves. The room looked exactly as what was posted in their website. There are 2 individual bedrooms (queen size bed) with toilets and 2 queen size mattress at the big spacious living area. So, the 4 adults took up the 2 bedrooms while the 3 girls slept at the living area. Rooms & toilets are clean. For both nights, we ate instant noodles & some food which we bought from the nearby Family Mart. It was so cold when we were there & luckily there was heater system in their rooms. Breakfast was good & fresh. We love the porridge & their fresh vegetables & fruits. They do have western style breakfast like french toast, pancake, waffles, hashbrown, sausages, etc. The staffs were friendly enough. Only disadvantage is the place is abit out of the way and my aged parents have some difficulties climbing up their stairs & walking up the slope. But overall, we love staying here. It was a great experience for us & the place is really very beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family