Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch
  • Breakfast included
US$78
US$66
Agoda.com
Beauty Hotels Taipei - Beautique(Shilin)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$88
US$79
  • Breakfast included
US$209
All reviewsshilin night marketamerican schoolviolin playertianmu branchnational palace museumsmall hotelfree laundrylaundry roomnearest mrtfamily roomtaxi ridemos burgerbreakfast buffetself service laundryclean roomswashers and dryersbooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I was really happy during my holiday(9th Sep.~ 12th Sep.) in Taipei.
I'm not taiwan people, but i can't feel any inconvenience. Staffs are very kind and excellent.
Breakfast and facility are also very good.
I suggest travler and businessman to stay Awesome Dandy Hotel-Tianmu branch.
^^

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Young JIn J
Liane L, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing this wonderful review for us.

It was our honor to make your holiday enjoyable and memorable. As our goal is to be a homey accommodation in Tianmu Area, we were overjoyed to know that you felt comfortable when staying with us even you are a foreign traveler. It was too kind of you to let us know that. The feedback was truly a great inspiration for us.

On behalf of all our staff, I would like to express our gratitude again. We all look forward to your next visit to Taipei. There is always a warm welcome for you here.

Yours sincerely,

Liane Lee
Supervisor, Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch

Reviewed 12 September 2012

It is a classic stay in Dandy for my first visit to Taipei made me to remember better with their classic looks, mannerism & clean of the hotel. It is well located with friendly staff & interiors. As a techie man I loved the vibrant interiors with all techie fittings such as lighting switches, toilet fittings really made my stay nice. Breakfast really I liked and it is near to nice eateries location. The location only drawback is not near to MRT station but reachable with bus/taxi. If I visit I love to stay with them.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank KasinaVRao
PhoebeChang, Supervisor at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2012

Dear Mr. Kasina,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your valuable comment on TripAdvisor. We appreciate the positive comments received on the facilities, services and breakfast which you have experienced during your stay.
Your support is the motivation for us to continue trying to be the best every day.
Once again thank you for your valuable comments and look forward to welcoming you back at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch in the near future!

Warm Regards,

Phoebe Chang, Supervisor
Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch

Reviewed 23 August 2012

The service is excellent to every single detail.
Room's cleanliness is beyond expectation.
The bathroom is awesome with the separate section of toilet bowl and shower area.
The toilet bowl is equipped with a high tech options.
The only drawback is the location which is not too close to MRT station.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Ponkster828
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Dandy Hotel- Tianmu. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I am very honor to know that our service and room design could meet you expectation. I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
Once again your review is highly appreciated and we all look forward to serving you again before too long.

Yours Faithfully,
Dandy Hotel- Tianmu Branch

Reviewed 12 August 2012

The hotel is modern, very clean and very friendly and helpful staff. It is accessible to all means of transportation, located near tourist spots and so many varieties of foods during breakfast buffet. I would definitely recommend to all our friends who want to visit Taiwan.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mitchdefensor
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your recent stay at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend to your friends.
Thank you once again for giving us the opportunity to accommodate you and we all sincerely looking forward to serving you in the future!

Yours Faithfully,
Dandy Hotel- Tianmu

Reviewed 28 July 2012

Decided to make my 1st hotel stay in Taipei (25th-28th July) with Dandy Tianmu after doing my research online.

The key reasons behind my decision were: (In no particular order.)
1. Location, Location, Location!-It is pretty centralize to the key areas of interest that I will like to visit like Tanshui (Old street, Fisherman's wharf), Beitou (Hot springs), Shilin (Food) and Xinyi (Taipei 101 etc.) areas. Very convenient to reach them by bus or metro. For the shoppers, shopping malls like SOGO, Dayeh Takashimaya and Shin Kong Mitsukoshi are also around the vicinity. For the bookworms, Eslite bookshop is also around the area. (Next to Shin Kong Mitsukoshi.) The final thing that nailed it: It is at the foot of Yang Ming Shan! Westerners will feel at ease with Tianmu area as it is the "United Nations" in Taipei.
2. Design: From the pictures I have seen online, the design looks well thought of. The design of the hotel has character and personality of its own yet blend with its surrounding. Simplicity at its best.
3. Environment: A peaceful area and a hidden gem!
4. Connectivity: Complimentary internet (Wired/Wireless) in entire hotel. (Compulsory for me!) Laser printer and iMacs at lobby available for use.
5. Laundry: Complimentary self service laundry service with washer, dryer and iron provided. Laundry service also available upon request.

Getting to the hotel:
The routes listed on the hotel website are valid. But I deviate after doing my own research. From Taoyuan airport, I took bus 1819 to Kulun street instead of Taipei main station and walk a short distance to Yuanshan metro station. From there, take the metro to Zhishan station and I walked the 2KM as stated on the website. The walk was nice as I can get to see the area.

Reached the hotel:
Tired after the walk and a drink is offered to me by their staff while I am being checked in. Nice welcoming gesture there. Thumbs up. Lobby is spacious and nice. To the left of the lobby is the café which is like a very nice living room with an alfresco area by the side of the street. It serves complimentary breakfast in the morning for hotel guests. (Very nice food btw.) Throughout level 1 of the hotel, there are very nice pictures of birds and sceneries.

Room (Deluxe Room):
Clean, tidy, beautiful and functional. Upon entering the room, a long mirror is on the right hand side. This gives the room an extended feel in terms of space even though it is a walkway with the washroom/toilet on the left side. The mirror area is also very functional. Above the mirror, that is where the cloth hangers are. (Open wardrobe concept.) Below the mirror, there is a table top for you to put things and the safe is located there. Below the table top, there is area for you to stow your luggage in. The washroom and toilet are separated. Moving into the room, there is a nice sofa where you can sit down and wear your shoes or even relax by lying on it. Behind the sofa is the table for you to do your stuffs (Complimentary water, water boiler, coffee, tea and snacks provided.), TV is above the table, mini fridge below the table and bed on the left side. The view from the room is great. (Maybe because is top floor. Buildings around the area are not too tall either.) Switches for lighting and air conditioner are sensors based.

Service: Great teamwork and hospitality by the team. I observed that the staffs have very good interactions with the guests from the young to the old. Very family friendly as they also have family rooms available. I enjoyed the interactions with the staffs as well.

Improvements:
Slope at entrance is too steep. People who may be challenged by steps may still see this slope as only a slightly smaller challenge as compared to the steps. Alfresco area at café may need some retractable shade to shield guests from the recent hot weather or even rain.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank AlanNgWeiLun
Tina C, Manager at Dandy Hotel - Tianmu Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Mr. Ng,

Thank you for your precious time to write this detailed experience of Dandy Hotel –Tianmu on Tripadvisor. I believe that many viewers would find this very useful.

We are very delightful to know that you find Dandy Hotel –Tianmu Branch a very convenient location for all your activities in Taipei. We will indicate the route of your arrival onto hotel official website to provide multiplex methods to all the travellers.
I am very honor to know that our service and room equipment could meet you expectation. As for the deficiency of slope at entrance and the alfresco area, we will try our best to seek all possible ways to make improvements.

Once again your review is highly appreciated and we all look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Best regards,