Lealea Garden Hotels-Taipei
US$168
US$84
US$70
Agoda.com
City Suites Taipei Nandong(Songshan)
US$86
  • Restaurant
Hotel B Taipei(Songshan)(Great Value!)
US$72
US$90
Orbitz.com
  • Fitness centre
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Room was spacious with good bed and bathroom.
The staff was helpful. Despite the fact that I arrived at hotel at 10 AM and official check-in time is 3PM the staff managed to accomodate me (but for extra money 1500 TWD).
The location was a little bit far from my bussines trip destination (TWTC) and it was good idea to take a taxi but the prices were acceptable (arroud 200 TWD to TWTC). The staff helped with ordering a taxi.
Only one thing which dissapointed me was a breakfast. I sent an email requesting information about availability of western style breakfast. They confirmed it. Only western style items during a breakfast was a toast bread and jam... All other items was taiwanese (chinese). I have to admit, on the other hand, that the hotel is in Taiwan.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Milan K
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Central location, excellent service, modern room, big screen TV, strong air conditioning, fridge etc.

But what really does it for me is the bed - it is literally like sleeping on a cloud in heaven. The comforter is perfection, it envelopes you like a cloud and the pillows are the same. Perfect fluff and weight. Same with the mattress. I need to find out where they sourced everything for the bed because I need to recreate this at home.

I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Taipei!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FnkyChld
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The hotel was chosen and booked for me by a third party, for a work trip, and I understand that it is a good value for Taipei, but cannot comment on that, as I don't know really.

To start with, there are plenty of good sides to this place. The rooms are spacious, and rather clean (daily cleaning will definitely rectify whatever you messed, but some things like low hanging lamps collect dust for a while). The room has a separate shower and bath tub areas, has a separate working desk area, and plenty of other small stuff you might need, like bathrobes, slippers, all amenities, bottled water, local tea etc. Generally the building has gym facilities as well, and free laundry room, as well as rooftop garden.

For me, unfortunately, many things simply didn't work. The internet in the room was working only through the cable. My laptop doesn't have a cable connection at all, so I had to sit in the lobby to get wifi.

As many people point out, the hotel is nowhere near any MTR, so taxis are your best bet. Also, taxis in Taipei don't speak English mostly, so you need to write down in Mandarin the destination before you board.

Also, I eat Asian food a lot, but cannot have it for breakfast. Breakfast is the only time when I need European selection to start my day. That was also a problem, as the hotel has a traditional breakfast. I did try the foods on my first morning, but really that was not what I needed in the morning, too spicy for that time of day.

When I asked the staff for some restaurant recommendations, the girl just pointed outside, and said there was plenty of choice in town... Not to say all staff was like that, but many.

Moving on, there was a letter sent for me to the hotel address, and that I did not receive, because of miscommunication between the hotel staff, so the letter was sent back home eventually.

Finally, upon the checkout, the full bill was presented for me to pay. My attempts to explain the room was prepaid led me nowhere, as the reception that morning didn't speak English much, so I had to wait for the driver to explain it. Granted, once the Mandarin-speaking person told them the info, the problem was resolved in seconds.

To sum it up, it really could be a nice place to stay, if you don't need any work done, and speak Mandarin, and like Asian breakfast. But for international travellers might be just a tad inconvenient.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Hotel is clean, neat & cosy. Room is considered reasonable as compared to hotels in the town area. Hotel is receiving many guests from Mainland so expect some noise in the morning & evening. Location is not near MTR station. Reception staff are a bit coldish except for one called Mickey, he went all the way out to help you around. Thumbs up!!! Breakfast is not very good there though!

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking room or room away from the traveling group if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank bbbear29
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Booked via Hotels.com for around USD $150 for 2 nites, fantastic price. Room is not exactly big, but bed is very comfortable. Huge bathtub/bathroom.

I like that it is wooden flooring as I'm not fond of icky hotel carpeting. Lots of food choices in the area, the local bento place right across the road is fantastic for takeouts, and the CP Living mall is just within walking distance (5 mins).

The hotel.com booking specifically stated no breakfast included but they gave us breakfast vouchers (kids eat free too) anyways, so thumbs up for this great little hotel! :)

Might be a bit difficult to find for cabbies, so remember to print out the address in chinese characters for them to read and navigate:

台北市松山区八德路4段213号 105