Formosan Naruwan Inn
Traveler Hotel(Taitung City)
Hotels.com
US$60
Trip.com
Taitung Z Hotel(Taitung City)
US$77
US$68
TripAdvisor
F Hotel Chihpen(Taitung City)
US$81
  • Pool
The Suites Taitung(Taitung City)
US$94
HotelQuickly
US$66
TripAdvisor
Inn by the Village(Taitung City)
US$84
US$135
US$76
  • Breakfast included
US$69
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Our tour group stayed for one night at this hotel, and I was given a very comfortable and clean room overlooking the central courtyard and outdoor pool. The bathroom was clean and a good size, though some of the fittings were a little old-fashioned. The hotel is located to the NW of the city centre, not far from the airport. Very nice for an overnight stop, but not much to see or do within a short walking distance of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Arandale
Reviewed 27 November 2012

A friend had booked my trip for me, and not knowing what type of hotels I would normally go for, she booked me this. It seemed quite pricey, but for the description I got I thought it was going to be worth it. It was really nice to have a shuttle from the train station to the hotel, and most of the employees spoke pretty good english. The room however, is less than ok for what we paid. It is not the "luxury" I was expecting and when I could get WIFI, it was only from standing on my deck. The hot springs were very nice, many different temps and current renovation that seems like it will be amazing. If you are looking for a place with a nice room, this is not it, but if you are looking for an OK room with a lot of great features, go for it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Megan G
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Hotel lobby, rooms,staff at the reception, it is all OK. The breakfast is great with even a separate vegetarian buffet I did not see as yet in all the other 5* hotels we have visited in Taiwan. But when it comes to the à la carte Chinese restaurant of the hotel, it is really strange that no one of the staff there speaks one word of English. Even with my declaration written in cute Chinese characters, stating that we wanted vegetarian dishes, it was not possible to get the staff started.
Finally there was our guide who helped me, though not without trouble. I got the impression staff was not willing to do anything.This was really in contrast with the veggie breakfast buffet we got next morning. Same unwilling staff in the all you can eat European buffet restaurant of the hotel. As the group was late, they started to have dinner, but did not get the opportunity to finish as the staff had already removed all the food including the desert.
So: hotel is nice, breakfast too, but dinner ...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank n_wiedenhof
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Have use this hotel on a round trip on Taiwan,a nd it is a standard hotel like all other places. Would not have choise this by my own

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank kmittag
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed here only one night as part of a bus tour. The room was very large and spacious. The decor is local Taiwanese Aboriginal.

As we got into the hotel a bit late, and there were not a lot of options in the area, we opted to eat ala carte at the Chinese restaurant. The food was okay, but not really what you'd expect in a 5-star hotel (which is what this hotel apparently is rated). The tea smoked duck had no smokey taste at all, nor did the smoked pig trotters, and the black bean beef had a tangy kim-chi addition which gave the dish an unusual taste. Our teapot didn't get readily filled, and was empty for quite a while before we asked for a top up. The stir fried vegies were delicious, as was the steamed cod.

There was a show with a live Filippino band, but we gave that a miss. They apparently sometimes have shows with local Taiwanese Aboriginal performers, so it depends on how lucky you are as to which you get.

The bathroom was quite large when compared to other hotels I have stayed in. The shower was over the bath tub, and had a shower curtain. The bathroom taps were the older style separate taps for hot and cold (and not the mixer that most modern hotels seem to have). There were all the usual free toiletries.

There are robes and slippers in the wardrobe, which you can wear in the room.

Sorry, I must admit to not recalling details about how soft the bed or pillows were, as I stayed in 5 different hotels in as many nights.

Breakfast was good. It had the usual spread of East meets West. The dining area was large and our group of 7 was easily accommodated.

There is a 7-Eleven just around the corner at the back of the hotel, which was handy for our snack run. You can exit the hotel from the side door near the shops under the hotel, but you can't re-enter and have to go back through the front (at least not late in the evening).

We didn't pay for this hotel directly, as it was included in the tour price, so it's hard to say if it is worth the price. But it was spacious, clean and functional. It was a quaint, different hotel room to the usual you get these days. However, I must admit, I do prefer a more modern decor, though.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends