1,580 results
All reviews chinese restaurant gorge view western buffet rooftop pool retreat floor taroko national park half day tour set menu breakfast and dinner ginger tea baiyang trail hotel shuttle amazing location set dinner luxury hotel ping pong kids club
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

A lovely hotel with views over the Taroko gorge. The rooms are what you would expect from a high end chain hotel, functional without being spectacular. The view, however, is amazing and is the primary reason why the hotel can justify the hefty price tag. The outdoor pool was also fantastic set in the gorge with plenty of comfy sun loungers. Our only negative was the dinner. We felt incredibly rushed throughout, there were choices for each of the 7 courses but all the dishes arrived together (with many of the dishes being cold by the time we got to eating them). The waitress was also constantly trying to clear away the plates before we had finished which was also a little annoying. The breakfast (buffet) was one of the best that we have had and had a good selection of local dishes as well as western ones

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kathy C, Digital Marketing at Silks Place Taroko, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the valued comments and sharing your accommodation experience with us.

We are glad to know that you enjoy the hotel facilities and beautiful scenery of the gorge. However, we regret to learn that there are some unpleasant dining experiences during your stay in our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may cause. To provide a better accommodation experience, we would review and improve our service.

We are dedicated to provide the warmest and thoughtful service for travelers, thank you for the valued comments and we are looking forward to seeing you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

This is a good clean smart hotel with really good size rooms
Service excellent
Choice of three restaurants
Roof top pool and hot tubs with superb views of the mountains
Located in a wonderful position on the central /Taiwan mountain east west pass
If you are a walker the location is excellent

Room tip: Travelling by train will be collected by hotel bus from Hualien station One hour journey the mountain views are superb worth the effort
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Don’t get me wrong. The food is good. It’s the set up and situation that felt more like I was at a buffet at a best western in Kansas than at a 5 star hotel.

Let me start at the beginning. This is the end of an almost month long trip for me. I planned this hotel because it’s in such a lovely location, wonderful hiking and I thought it would be low key. I wanted some hiking, some pampering (there’s a lovely spa), some wonderful quiet reading time and I was looking forward to some lovely meals. I took all my meals at the hotel as there’s not much else around.

I was spot on about everything except incredibly disappointed in the restaurants.

I went on 2 amazing hikes. I spent time and the beautiful pool. I had two spa treatments on two different days and loved them both. Every single staff member is kind and lovely and very attentive.

And the food was good. Here was my issue and why I won’t come back to this place. First, it’s not inexpensive.

Breakfast was a very lovely buffet with a wide variety of options and if you travel in Asia you just know you’re getting a breakfast buffet. Fabulous.

The lunch option is only in the Chinese restaurant. The day I had lunch here I also had dinner and was so disappointed that it was the exact same menu for lunch and dinner. The problem is, unless you want a buffet dinner the Chinese restaurant is the only option. It’s the only place you can go and order off of a menu

That brings me to the other dinner option. The Wellesley restaurant is your other choice, no menu available. Buffet only. The food was good. The staff were lovely. But don’t expect a long leisurely meal and a glass of wine. The other patrons behaved like herds of cattle that were just released from their stalls. They were loud and pushy and seemed like they were all racing for the food. Then once they have their plates they are constantly up and down refilling. So people are constantly walking by your table. No one else seemed to be bothered by all the noise and the pushing and the constant walking past tables but this is not the experience I want when I spend 350 or 400 USD a night for a hotel room.

All that said, it’s not the staffs fault. It’s the business model and it may work for you but it was not my style. I’d much rather go in and sit down and have a nice glass of wine and enjoy my meal slowly. And not get trampled.

Every other place I stayed while on this month long trip had restaurant options nearby or else they offer and ala carte menu among with their buffet. Silks should just offer an International menu selection in at least one restaurant every evening. Not buffet. But a menu, ala carte.

But if that’s not important to you, then this place is for you!

Thank you to the lovely staff here who made every other part of my stay perfect. If the restaurant situation changes I will come back.

Trip type: Travelled solo

First of all, we highly appreciated your compliments on the hotel facilities and beautiful scenery of the gorge. However, we regret to learn that there are some unpleasant experiences during your stay in our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience that may cause. To provide a better accommodation experience, we would review and improve our service.

Reviewed 30 October 2018

went with 2 kids and this place nothing but worthy of my every minute of stay. will surely be back.
1.trails near by
2. kids entertainment n class unlimited fun
3.rooftop music dance n fun in late night

its a magical place love it

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel as part of a 5 day round Taiwan tour. This hotel is in a beautiful setting in the Taroko National Park. The room is very nice with comfortable beds with a balcony with two chairs so you can enjoy the view.

The breakfast is the East West buffet that is usually available in Chinese hotels. I did not eat dinner at the hotel but ate in the small local restaurant at the end of the parking lot. There is also a 7 11 located there as well.

Since we got to the hotel relatively late I didn't go to the show or use the swimming pool. We also had to leave early as there is currently one way traffic allowed to and from the hotel due to work being done to the road.

However, I wish I could have spent more time here as the setting and hotel was just beautiful.

Date of stay: October 2018